Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Compass zone number and calibration

11K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  savlisoz09coupe 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I have just installed Day/night rear view mirror on 05 V6 Accord but the compass isn't working right. I didn't get the owner's manual with it so I was wondering someone can help me out. How do you calibrate the compass and know what zone number to put in? All your inputs are greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Mine calibrated itself after several days of driving around. Perhaps yours will do the same... :dunno:

#5 ·
#6 ·
MJL is correct. The accessory auto dim mirror needs manual intervention to operate properly. The instructions provided should work since it's the same aftermarket mirror that Subaru uses. The compass needs to be set to the correct ["electro-magnetic"] zone first ( a number from 1 - 10 for the continental use - see the map in the instructions). It's not a time zone BTW like my sister thought. :lmao: Then it needs to be calibrated. Thats the part where you drive in circles . . . much like life in gneral except you only need to do it for a minute or so. :D Find a big open parking lot and watch out for lamp posts. :paranoid:

#7 ·
MJL, you are the man. It's exactly what I was looking for. I will try it today after work. This forum rocks!!!

#8 ·
Hello Everyone!

Was wondering if anyone out there can help me out. My compass works fine for about
5-7 turns then it starts blinking and won't change. I have tried following the owners manual but when I get to the part where you select claibration and push enter I don't know if I am supposed to start the car or not? The manual doesnt mention that part. It goes fron select calibration by pushing the selector knob to drive the car around in circles slowly. Can someone giv e me a play by play on this? Do you think that having changed the rear factory speakers might have something to do with it?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.