Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Grinding/Scraping NOISE

21K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  bboomer 
#1 ·
Guys,

I've got a problem. (Houston! Please help :D )

I've had this annoying noise coming from front part of the car, and it seems to be under the hood, especially on the driver side. It's really weird because this noise only happens when I step off the brake pedal AFTER I just shift gear stick from P to D.

Any ideas?????

Appreciated!

#2 ·
Hmm....I dont have that exact problem, but I have more of a "rubbing" noise whenever I turn my steering wheel to the left. Not sure how to describe it but it sounds like there's friction somewhere and its rubbing against something. Not sure if it is the electric power steering...

But I do hear a weird noise if I dont let me engine warm up a bit before shifting the transmission from P to D though. Maybe it's all in our minds...lol :lmao:

#6 ·
Yeah, i have that "rubbing" noise. It's not just left turn, but when I turn right, there is that noise too. There's also a "click" noise whenever stepping on the brake panel.

Damn! I'm gonna take my car in next week for inspection. I'm also gonna call honda CS regarding this issue. DAMN DAMN

#3 ·
Both of you take it to Honda. In March, one of the rare days I had my window open and radio turned way down. I just got my food from the Wendy's drive through and when I turned LEFT, I heard this scraping/grinding noise coming from the left side. I turned left again.... same thing. Turned right nothing. More lefts....noise. I took it to Honda and the service guy said HE KNEW EXACTLY WHAT IT WAS. I also added in the radio issue and he knew all about that as well (it was before I got my letter for the radio upgrade). Anyway, he said the grinding noise was a problem with the brake system. And that's all I remember. He knew about it because another lady had come in for the exact same problems.

#5 ·
Oh no! Is it a really serious problem?! I got my car in January and I noticed it in like Feb but didn't really think about it until yesterday when I had my windows down. I hope I didn't ruin something during my ownership for those months! :eek:

#7 ·
Probably don't need to contact Honda CS unless your dealership won't take care of the problem. There is a TSB for the issue, so let them work through that procedure first.

#10 ·
This reply may be completely off the wall but I'll try to contribute: I had this scraping problem a few weeks ago. It was super loud and it sound like two metal pieces scraping each other. Got home (with the help of the wife) and pin point the noise was coming from the front passenger side. I was pretty certain it was the brake because it only occured when the wheel was in motion. Took the wheel off and found a small stone lodged between the rotor and the shield behind it.

#15 ·
I think I have this problem on my 2013 right now. It sounded like a snow plow at first. It's getting a little less after about 70 miles - probably the stone wearing down. It's not good weather to check at the moment (snow and slush) and i need to commute. I had the same thing twice on my 2005 accord and it eventually went away without consequence. I'm pretty sure it's not the brakes at 13,000 since I drive a stick and use the gears a lot to slow down.

#12 ·
I hope this helps

I just picked up my car from the dealership this afternoon for services on the retainer clip rubbing against the rotor. This is the second time I brought my car in for this issue. The first time they recentered the clip but it slipped out of position a week later. This time they replaced it. They also replaced the clip on the passenger side as well. That’s services! :banana: When I called the first time the services tech seem to know exactly what it was. Oh and BTW when I was there the first time they updated the software for the audio and navi. No issue to report on that front. Hope this helps.:thmsup:

Regards,
Max

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.