Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Warning: Dont buy ddm

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  CharlieHustle 
#1 ·
Sorry guys im pretty much here to inform/vent on how chitty this company is. Its honestly a good sale bargain and people say "Its a hit or miss" with the kits they provide. Its lifetime warranty, yes. but the thing is, their products are so chit, they burn out after 20mins of use. My 55w low beams, one side is brighter than the other. The other side is siginificantly dimmed and i smell burning from that area. My foglights 35w fogs were really bright and one side already just burned out. The shipping from CHINA took wayy too long and they have poor customer service. The hassle is not worth it even if its cheap and lifetime warranty, have fun paying the shipping to send the item back and paying shipping again to receive the new replacement.

That is all. Good day.
BY the way, any hid companies that wont miserably fail on me like DDM? Need new sets.

#4 ·
so far my DDMs are fine. They messed up my order giving me the wrong bulb size the first time but they sent me a new pair within days and i got to keep the wrong bulbs also lol. My friends had his DDMs in his car for 3 years now. Well technically it was in his sentra and now its in his wrx and he hasn't had any problems. i get mixed reviews with DDM but they have some good customer service imo.

#6 ·
I can't speak for myself because I haven't had an experience with DDM, but from what I've been seeing around HIDPlanet and here on DA, is that a gratifying experience with DDM is a hit-or-miss type of thing. Not that that is exactly a bad thing, but it isn't exactly a good thing either, for the consumer or the business.

#8 ·
I ordered a 35w 5000k kit from them in 2013 for my coupe lxs. I got a 2015 exl v6 and switched the kit from the other car into the new one. I've had the kit for over 2 years and never a problem with them. Same bulbs too. I've never had a problem with them or their service so it sounds like you got a crap pair lol

#9 ·
I currently have DDM in my Integra and 9th gen accord. My 9th gen has 55w 5500k and man the clarity and performance is awesome. I've never had a problem with them honestly it must of been the order. If the shipping company didn't handle your items well that could be the possibility.

#10 ·
Ive been using DDM for my last three vehicles and I have never had an issue. Their customer service is fantastic and bulbs work well. If shipping bothers you, just ask them to ship from the California warehouse and it always arrives in 3-4 days (im in ny btw) Plus the parts are so cheap that if they do break, for less then $50 I get a whole new kit

#11 ·
I had a set of DDM 35w HID's in my BMW since it didn't come with them from the factory. They were trouble free for the 4 years I owned the car. I have friends who use their HID kits as well without issues. It's hard for me to believe that anyone can have a bad experience with DDM products.

I suspect some of those who claim their units were junk or lasted days before failing are partially to blame for their failure. Maybe they touched the glass portion of the bulb and didn't clean it off prior to install? Or while manuvering the bulb into the headlight housing, they hit something and damaged the electrode? Or the person poorly installed the kit which led to the premature failure of the ballast itself? What if their car required the use of a relay harness and they were unaware, or unwilling to spend the additional cost because their friends have these kits and didn't need one. As a result, they send the part back to DDM for a warranty exchange. Once the company receives the part, it's tested and examined for the cause of failure. When the customer receives a response explaining the part failed due to error on their end, they wont accept it. That's when they decide to share their bad experience with the rest of the world, not including the part where it was found to be their fault.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.