Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Thoughts and experiences w/the Alpine KTP-445U Amplifier

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Gearhead82 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

So I'm taking my time to figure out how to upgrade the sound system in the 2013 Accord LX that I'll be getting a couple of weeks.

I do want to add an amp (I haven't decided whether I want to modify the stock HU with RCAs or just go aftermarket while retaining most of the iMid function) to power aftermarket speakers.

I'm considering the Alpine KTP-445U since it's cheaper and so much easier to install compared to a traditional amp.

I was thinking of doing components in the front and composites in the rear. Or I may just upgrade the front speakers, bridge the Alpine KTP-445U to get 90 RMS and lead the rears stock.

What are your thoughts and experiences with it powering aftermarket speakers?

Thanks!

Fred

#2 ·
I installed Morel Maximos 6 up front with no amplifier.
Within days I purchased the KTP-445U.

Initially wired that up to the morels up front and stock rear speakers.

I then bridged the ktp-445U to just power the front speakers along with the addition of the LC2i.

I recommend the ktp-4455U bridged powering the fronts. The rears are a waste of time. Especially if you add a sub. I removed the rears when I added my sub. Needed to open the cabin up and the rears did nothing but distort with all the pressure inside the trunk.

Prior to the addition of the LC2i I was getting some white noise/hiss/fuzz through the speakers at the speaker level input. Adding the LC2i and switching to RCA input those slight noises disappeared.

#3 ·
Yeah, I've heard that it was kind of a waste to change the rear speakers unless you often have people in the back often. To just get nice speakers in the front and have it faded in the front while you're just driving by yourself.

I will be adding a low profile subwoofer under the seat (don't want to take up any cargo room).

How do you like the quality of the amp? Was it enough to power your Maximo 6 vs a traditional amp?

Thanks

#6 ·
Hey Just, I just purchased the Morel Maximo 6 components speakers, the Alpine Power Pack, and a new Pioneer HU (AVH-2300NEX) that has 3 4V RCA pre-amp outputs. I'm planning on disconnecting the rear speakers and placing the amp in bridged mode to power just the front components.

I was wondering if you had any instructions or pics on how to setup the amp in bridge mode in order to power just the front stage? Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.