Audio install... - Drive Accord Honda Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 03-16-2017, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Audio install...

For those that had your systems installed by a shop how much did you pay?

Shop want to charge me 1k. That includes the amp & micro subwoofer in a slim enclosure.

2013 V6 Crystal Black Pearl V6 Accord Sedan w/Navi
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 03-16-2017, 07:49 PM
Acoustics BSEE

Including equipment? $1k install only is way high unless super custom and show quality.

Rich V.

2014 Accord Sport
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Accord EX V6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Electrical basics and Car Audio (click links below):

--

--
---
---
---
post #3 of 19 Old 03-16-2017, 07:52 PM
Acoustics BSEE

Most shops have a flat rate for an amp install. Custom sub enclosure or prefab?

Rich V.

2014 Accord Sport

2001 Accord EX V6

--

--
---
---
---

post #4 of 19 Old 03-17-2017, 05:29 AM
6th Gear

Garage
It depends on what is included in that price, and location. In places where the cost of living is more expensive will generally have higher cost installs as well.

post #5 of 19 Old 03-17-2017, 02:03 PM
banned

I went to a shop once looking for availability on the Metra kit before it was sold again online, and was told that the install had to be at their shop with the purchase. So, it all depends on the shop. $350 for the metra kit and another $300 for the install was enough for me to bust out laughing at them. They also charged $200 to install a head unit.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
post #6 of 19 Old 03-18-2017, 04:48 AM
1st Gear

Mine took 16 hours of install at $60/hr. Installed all new speakers (fronts, tweeters, rears) sound dampened the doors, rear deck, trunk. Added an amp, dsp, and sub. Amp was under passenger seat sub in trunk.
post #7 of 19 Old 03-18-2017, 05:31 AM
Acoustics BSEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiptouz View Post
Mine took 16 hours of install at $60/hr. Installed all new speakers (fronts, tweeters, rears) sound dampened the doors, rear deck, trunk. Added an amp, dsp, and sub. Amp was under passenger seat sub in trunk.
that's fair for a complete install.

2014 Accord Sport

2001 Accord EX V6

--

--
---
---
---
post #8 of 19 Old 03-18-2017, 05:33 AM
Out of Control

Garage
Your original post says it's $1,000 including the audio equipment. Since we have no idea what equipment you're buying, how can anyone tell you whether this is a good deal or not?

If it's $800 equipment/$200 installation, then this is a good deal.

If it's $200 equipment/$800 installation, not so much.

If you really want answers and help, we need more info.
keep_hope_alive likes this.

'15 MSM Accord Sport 6MT

post #9 of 19 Old 03-18-2017, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Ok after pricing everything out I guess it's a ok deal.

JL Audio RD900/5 - $500
JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 - $260
And $240 for the install.

post #10 of 19 Old 03-18-2017, 06:40 AM
Out of Control

Garage
OK. Now I'm curious. Why are you buying a 5 channel amp? Are you going to power your fronts and rears in addition to the sub?

If so, are they the factory speakers or did you upgrade?

'15 MSM Accord Sport 6MT

post #11 of 19 Old 03-18-2017, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMVB View Post
OK. Now I'm curious. Why are you buying a 5 channel amp? Are you going to power your fronts and rears in addition to the sub?

If so, are they the factory speakers or did you upgrade?

Yes to power the full system

I've already put JL2650's up front will be adding coax in the rear in next month.

From what I read about the "stage" was wondering should I even bother replacing the rears and just run the fronts with the sub?

Thoughts?

post #12 of 19 Old 03-18-2017, 11:24 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carloscda37 View Post

I've already put JL2650's up front will be adding coax in the rear in next month.

From what I read about the "stage" was wondering should I even bother replacing the rears and just run the fronts with the sub?

Thoughts?
I only have a Sport, but was thinking of putting in C2s in the front as well. Wanted to keep the stock hu and just add a LC6 if I do that 650x in the rear. What are your opinions on the 650s?
post #13 of 19 Old 03-18-2017, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0zer01n View Post
I only have a Sport, but was thinking of putting in C2s in the front as well. Wanted to keep the stock hu and just add a LC6 if I do that 650x in the rear. What are your opinions on the 650s?
https://www.crutchfield.com/Product/...=01|136TR650CX

post #14 of 19 Old 03-19-2017, 06:01 AM
6th Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carloscda37 View Post

Thoughts?
Some of us don't have rears, some have rears, it depends on what the end goal is. Unless you are competing, or if no one is ever in the car with you, then you can skip them. In your case you could go either way, but if you do skip them you have the option of bridging the four channels to 2 and getting more power to the fronts.

post #15 of 19 Old 03-19-2017, 06:44 AM
Out of Control

Garage
I've read the comments from many about skipping the rears altogether. So as an experiment, I disconnected them and ran that way for awhile. I have my head unit and amp adjusted so the sound stage is on top of the dash so I wondered what the rears could be adding.

For me, I liked it better with them than without. Sounded more natural. Even with the sound stage up front. That said, I wouldn't spend a lot of money on rear speakers since they contribute so little to the sound - just providing a bit of fill from back. Front components are much more critical.

'15 MSM Accord Sport 6MT

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.