Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Front door and Rear deck speaker size

26K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  teezythakidd 
#1 ·
Hey guys thinking about upgrading my speakers in my 2010 Accord does anyone know the specific sizes just by looking at them, it seems like the front is either a 5.25 or 6 1/2 and rear 6x9? Any info is appreciated thanks for all the help in advance!!

#2 ·
They are all 6.5

Reactions: teezythakidd
#11 ·
As stated earlier in the thread, the woofers in the lower part of the front doors, and the woofers on the rear deck are 17cm (6.5") diameter each per the Honda factory parts catalog.

Standard audio system speakers are indeed manufactured by Pioneer (LX models), but the Premium Audio system speakers are manufactured by Foster. (EX & EX-L models)

BTW: The factory installed AMPLIFIER unit for the Premuim Audio system is manufactured by Pioneer.

I'm currently assembling an aftermarket stereo system (75% done), and I found this information while researching the Accord factory installed stereo systems.
i just learned something i should've known forevers ago. thanks for this!

#6 ·
As stated earlier in the thread, the woofers in the lower part of the front doors, and the woofers on the rear deck are 17cm (6.5") diameter each per the Honda factory parts catalog.

Standard audio system speakers are indeed manufactured by Pioneer (LX models), but the Premium Audio system speakers are manufactured by Foster. (EX & EX-L models)

BTW: The factory installed AMPLIFIER unit for the Premuim Audio system is manufactured by Pioneer.

I'm currently assembling an aftermarket stereo system (75% done), and I found this information while researching the Accord factory installed stereo systems.

#7 ·
I am thinking about doing a tweeter upgrade on my 14 Sport sedan. My plan is to just tap into the door speaker wires like many other members have done. I realized that '14 EX had pioneer whereas '15 EXs have Foster tweeters. Which one do you think I should go with? I couldn't find any comparison between the two tweeters. The prices are pretty comparable.

#8 ·
I cannot say if the gen 9 speakers are the same as the gen 8, but I went with Focal components in my doors and Focal coaxials in my deck, along with an Infinity powered sub in the trunk, and am pleased with the results. Crutchfield provided the spacers and wiring adapters to ease/simplify the install. My car is a 2010 EX sedan with the factory, non-premium headunit. With my changes, it's better than the factory premium system. ?

#9 ·
I just got a quote tonight for an install.
Original head unit
Components up front
2 way rear deck speakers
Amp: 5 channel
10" sub in box
Sound proof:
Doors
Trunk
Rear deck
Top end Phoenix gold equip. & top end stinger wiring
Little less than 2k
3 year full warranty.

Can't wait!

#10 ·
Sounds like you'll enjoy it. Provide an update and pics when done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.