Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

What wind deflectors/window visors to get?

8K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  AccordSam 
#1 ·
I've been trying to find the right set of these, and just can't decide. Prices vary so widely, and I don't want to waste my money. Plus there are a ton of different brands out there and reviews are mixed, many don't have pictures ON the car, etc. So, for those of you that have them, what should I get or avoid? Pictures would be awesome. Thanks!

#2 ·
People like the look of the in-channel visors, but they put more stress on the window regulators and motors, trying to shove the window into the smaller channel. I had the Honda visors on my car, but they eventually got weather beaten.

#3 ·
I once bought a set and it broke while installing in the rear window, so I tipped the whole set into the garbage. Auto Ventshade or something. Cheap crap.

#6 ·
I bought the cheap $20-$40 ones off ebay like 2.5 years ago came with 5 pieces including the rear window one (dint use it). They have held up very well, just clean the area well before applying the double sided tape. N one was the co.

Attachments

#14 ·
Hey, any chance you could take some closeups of specifically the front, rear, and top edges of the front? I took a chance on the n-one's for $21. Mine seem like in order to fit I'll either have to bend them slightly, or have part of the chrome showing.

#7 ·
Thanks all. I like the idea of in-channel ones, but my experience with them is mixed, and if the $100 set won't cut it, the $40 off brand ones certainly aren't likely to. For the outside ones, I figure I just want a not obnoxiously large set that will stick at ~80mph. I'll check out N1, thanks.

#8 ·
I did not replace my old OEM visors because they made the already wide A pillar even wider, and blocked more of my view than I liked. Just letting you know window visors do block some of your view.

Reactions: 7gAccCarter
#16 ·
Just put on OEM ones and probably taking them off due to the blocked view. I do like that they cut down on wind blasting me in the face and aesthetically look nice, but at the same time prefer fewer blind spots.

#12 ·
I hadn't thought about the additional vision obstruction. That may be a deal-breaker for me, already having decreased vision.

I like the idea of painting the visors to match the body, my only concern being the above.

Looks like the low profile ones are still made by AVS, model 794010. Cheapest I've seen is at carid, ~$66. Ebay may be cheaper with shipping.
AVS® 794010 - Smoke Low Profile Ventvisor? Window Deflectors

#15 ·
I have used the Weathertech in channel visors on my last 5 vehicles over the last 20 years and have always been very happy with them. Never had an issue with the windows, motors, etc.

#19 ·
#21 ·
Here are what mine look like on the car. you can see a little of the chrome in the curved part but not very much. If I were to do it again I would wrap all of the chrome in black vinyl, but I'm not a big chrome guy so.... just my .02

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.