Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

04 Honda Accord EX, battery wont stay charged

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  RickBlaine 
#1 ·
I have 04 Honda Accord ex, my battery wont stay charge, i have change the alternator and the starter they both was bad. but now the battery wont stay charge and the engine light wont come on when starting the car. the battery is new after ruining for a while the dashboard goes off and the battery die then i have to wait for the engine to cool down to get a jump start. any help please

#3 ·
If you are in the United States of America, stop by any Advance Auto, Autozone, O'Reillys, Pep Boys, NAPA, etc and ask them to check your alternator and battery for free. No appointment needed. They take five minutes to do this free service.

It could be a bad battery (yes, I know it is new), a bad alternator, loose connections at the battery posts, or corrosion on the battery cables or other connections.

Good luck.

#4 ·
I just replaced my battery last night ... I think I may have a parasitic drain issue on my hands.

#5 ·
@bobbo: Eric the Car Guy had a great video on finding these. Basically, you pull one fuse at a time to see which operation is still receiving power, and HOW MUCH power it is receiving.

Thankfully, our 7th Gens don't have a gazillion things like the new 9th Gens do.

Reactions: bobbo
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.