Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

There is a major difference in leg room between V-6 and 4cyl Accord models

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  BLCKFLSH 
#1 ·
Not sure if this topic has ever been brought up before, but i'm going to go ahead and mention it anyway. I drove my friend's Accord today, and I noticed a decrease in the amount of available leg room for the driver. I'm 6'7 and my V-6 coupe model seems to have just enough to seat me somewhat comfortably. This is not the case in my friend's 4cyl coupe (note that he has the same model year). Has anyone else noticed?

#3 ·
Your friend's seat might not be going back all the way. People drop coins and what not, into the tracks.

#5 ·
The only difference I can think of is the seats. Does one car have manual seats, vs power seats in the other? Also seems like the power heated seats might be a little thicker than the cloth without heat. Everything else should be the same dimensions. I suppose the pedals could be slightly different from automatic to manual transmission models.

#7 ·
I have the power seat while my friend has the fully manual seats. I didn't think this would cause a decrease in leg room.

#8 ·
Doesn't seem like it would. Maybe the manual seat wasn't going back all the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.