Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Steering Wheel Controls Question

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  SoKalAccord 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Just bought a 2003 Accord EX-L and I noticed the steering wheel radio and cruise controls are NOT lit at night.
Are they not lit or is there a problem??

Thanks!
SoKal

#3 ·
The lighted buttons started in 2005. I have a 2004 and mine are also unlit.

#4 ·
Ok Thanks guys.

I just bought this 03 EX-L and can't find a THING wrong with it, 4 cyl-5 speed manual 136,000 miles.
I think it's the first used car I've ever owned where I din't find "something" that needed to be fixed, not that I'm complaining but I'm just amazed!!

#6 ·
Yes, the illumination for the steering wheel controls didn't start until 05'. As Demonics12 mention, their is a great write up by our dearly missed princess on how to install the 05' switches in the 03-04 models.

You can read up on it here: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/15-7th-generation/1205-05-accord-sedans-3.html

The DIY starts on page 3 on post #46. I've done this to my 03' and it's really not that difficult. However, I am fairly good with electronics and wiring so unless you are comfortable with this I wouldn't recommend attempting this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.