p0141 wont go away. please help - Drive Accord Honda Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old 03-15-2017, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Exclamation p0141 wont go away. please help

hello, i am new here and hoping to get some helpful tips. i got a 05 accord ex 2.4L. i recently replaced the exhaust manifold, flex pipe, catalytic converter and o2 sensors 1 and 2 (denso's from amazon). after installing the o2 sensors i unhooked the battery for a few minutes and hooked it back up. i started my car and 30 seconds later the check light came on.... so i took it to autozone and pulled the code and it was P0141. so i went back home and i checked the resistance on the o2 sensor connector to make sure the heater wasnt broke. it was like 6.7 ohms. so not to sure what to do i ordered a replacement from amazon. both were denso and from the same amazon supplier. so the new one comes in the mail. i immediately check the resistance and it was 5.8 ohms. so i go out to my car and i check the voltage for the heater wires on the cars harness.. the meter read 12v with the key on and 13v with the car running on the pos and neg wires for the o2 sensor on the car harness. so i install the new o2. i reset ecu. i start car and again 30 seconds later check lights right back on... any ideas? i googled this for a few days now and check multiple fuses and everything was good. please help!! oh and there is no exhaust leaks and no other CEL codes.

Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 03-15-2017, 05:02 PM
1st Gear

You are checking the rear Ho2s correct? Just asking since you didn't specify in your story and p0141 is for sensor 2 heater circuit malfunction.

post #3 of 34 Old 03-15-2017, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

yes i apologize i was checking the rear o2 sensor. and the connector under the passenger seat.

post #4 of 34 Old 03-15-2017, 05:13 PM
1st Gear

Let's say you have, check number 18 fuse in the under dash fuse box, if it's no good, repair the short between the fuse and ho2s. If fuse is ok, disconnect the rear ho2s(the one that's under the carpet behind the passenger seat) and check for resistance between terminals 3 and 4 on the ho2s. Should be 5-6.4 ohms. If it's out of that range you got a bad ho2s. If it's in range then check for continuity between body ground and terminals 3 and 4 individually on same connector. If there's continuity then replace the ho2s. Hope that helps. Also even tho it's new doesn't mean it's good. (

Last edited by Jeremias Gomez; 03-15-2017 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Clarification
post #5 of 34 Old 03-15-2017, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

fuse 18 under the dash is good. and i check the 2 black wires (#3 and 4) on the sensor connector on both o2 sensors and one was 6.7 ohms and on the second senor i got it was reading 5.8 ohms. also on the car harness(under the seat) with the key on and my multimeter probes on the neg and positive (pins 3 and 4) i was getting 12v and when i started the car i was getting 13v. also if i put the positive probe from the multimeter on i think its pin 4 on the car harness and touched my negative probe to the chassis i was getting the same reading. 13v while it was running. i am going to try and return the 2 i got from amazon and buy one from honda stealership or autozone. thank you for your reply. i apperciate it
post #6 of 34 Old 03-15-2017, 05:26 PM
1st Gear

Yea sounds like you just got a bad sensor. Hope you get it sorted out mate
post #7 of 34 Old 03-16-2017, 01:19 AM
1st Gear

I also need to replace a rear O2 sensor because of a p2270 code (stuck on lean). Was going to get a Denso from Amazon because it's $65 versus $310 to get the Denso from Honda. But after reading the problems accordslammd is having, I'm having second thoughts. Has anyone else had any issues with suspiciously cheap O2 sensor from Amazon?
post #8 of 34 Old 03-16-2017, 04:05 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordophile View Post
I also need to replace a rear O2 sensor because of a p2270 code (stuck on lean). Was going to get a Denso from Amazon because it's $65 versus $310 to get the Denso from Honda. But after reading the problems accordslammd is having, I'm having second thoughts. Has anyone else had any issues with suspiciously cheap O2 sensor from Amazon?
Buy the Denso or NTK from Advance, so you'll have a good warranty and be able to bring it back in person. Buy online and pickup in store. Use code TRT30 in the shopping cart to save 30%.

Edit: Actually, use code TRT30T... I just priced the Denso (Part No: 234-4797) and it was $62. After the discount... $44 with one year warranty. That will beat anyone.... including Rock Auto and you don't have to deal with shipping.
t-rd, Miker and CGumina like this.

2003 LX Sedan, i4 + Automatic. 196K and counting.
My toughest oil thread: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/15...hing-like.html
Update your sig with your ride here (10 post minimum req): http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/pr...=editsignature
post #9 of 34 Old 03-16-2017, 04:13 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew03Accord View Post
Use code TRT30 in the shopping cart to save 30%.
Shhh, don't tell everyone about this code! I have been using it for about 4 years now!!
Drew03Accord likes this.

2004 Honda Accord DX - 5-spd Manual - I4 K24 Motor - 120k
post #10 of 34 Old 03-16-2017, 05:06 AM
1st Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew03Accord View Post
Buy the Denso or NTK from Advance, so you'll have a good warranty and be able to bring it back in person. Buy online and pickup in store. Use code TRT30 in the shopping cart to save 30%.

Edit: Actually, use code TRT30T... I just priced the Denso (Part No: 234-4797) and it was $62. After the discount... $44 with one year warranty. That will beat anyone.... including Rock Auto and you don't have to deal with shipping.
Thanks for the tip, but up here in Canada we don't get to have all these amazing auto parts store deals. The best I could find was an NGK at $110 from PartSource which I think is a subsidiary of Canadian Tire. So maybe I'll take a chance with the $65 Denso from amazon.ca which from appearances looks like the same unit the dealer charges almost 5 times as much for.
post #11 of 34 Old 03-16-2017, 07:14 AM
Out of Control

Quote:
Thanks for the tip, but up here in Canada we don't get to have all these amazing auto parts store deals. The best I could find was an NGK at $110 from PartSource which I think is a subsidiary of Canadian Tire. So maybe I'll take a chance with the $65 Denso from amazon.ca which from appearances looks like the same unit the dealer charges almost 5 times as much for.
Okay. Please see my signature below.... click the link to update yours and input your location.

2003 LX Sedan, i4 + Automatic. 196K and counting.
My toughest oil thread: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/15...hing-like.html
Update your sig with your ride here (10 post minimum req): http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/pr...=editsignature
post #12 of 34 Old 03-17-2017, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

So I replaced my sensor again with one from advanced auto parts. Unhooked battery for 20 minutes. Hooked it back up and started it. 30 seconds later check light again....idk what else it could.... ecu maybe?
post #13 of 34 Old 03-17-2017, 12:01 PM
6th Gear

Na, not the ecu. I re-read your original post. Why did you initially replace all that stuff? What problems were you having that made you go through all that?

When I read it it sounds like you changed it all for the hell of it and then got a code. It sounds like there was no code, you changed stuff, and then you got a code. If that's true then you either screwed something up (bent a pin in a connector, cut a wire, unplugged something you shouldn't have) or you put in a wrong part. Look closely at the plastic connector on the sensor wires and on the vehicle. I once kept having fuel pump failures because the mechanic I used accidentally pushed the brass terminal out of the connector. He couldn't figure it out but I did.

If there was no code to begin with, you changed things and now get a code . . . guess who did it?

Tell us why you made all the changes. I did find this but it sounds like you've maybe already read something similar.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article...by-jay-safford

2003 Accord EX I4 AT (mine), K&N drop in (surprised), JL Audio TR690Txi 6X9 in the rear
2004 Accord EX I4 MT (wife's), totally bone stock except for all the crap that fills every cubic inch that is not the driver seat.
post #14 of 34 Old 03-17-2017, 12:06 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
I replaced both O2 sensors in my wife's 2004 4 banger Accord when it turned up the P0420. I bought both sensors off rockauto.com and the code went away immediately, hasn't returned, and the car runs like a champ and smooth as silk.

Downstream - DENSO 2344797
Upstream - DENSO 2349040

I also bought both types of O2 sensor sockets. You need both and can get them at any parts store and they're about the same price.

2003 Accord EX I4 AT (mine), K&N drop in (surprised), JL Audio TR690Txi 6X9 in the rear
2004 Accord EX I4 MT (wife's), totally bone stock except for all the crap that fills every cubic inch that is not the driver seat.
post #15 of 34 Old 03-17-2017, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I bought the car from this guy. It was slammed stupid low. The cel was on for p014 when I got it but sensor two wires were broke looks like they caught the ground and ripped apart. the manifold was broke at the bong, the flex pipe was completely broke and.the cat was completely flat on the bottom for scrapping the ground. When examining the car harness everything looks good. Nothing stressed.. I am going to take the ecu out and examine the board for any damaged or fried components

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.