My car tends to keep left while driving... - Drive Accord Honda Forums
 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 04-19-2017, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 7
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink My car tends to keep left while driving...

Hi,

I am driving 2006 accord (2.4L ) in Malaysia , last month I had alignment service because of being to the left while driving.

* End of last year I have replaced all tires to new ones, and at that time, the tire shop did alignment for me.

when I visited another alignment shop, they said camber? need to refill. (* I have never heard before). I said ok and at that moment my car could go straight.

Yesterday I have checked tire pressures, all of three tires's pressure were 220 kPa,but only left side of tire's pressure was 260 kPa...

when the car is on the alignment machine that also does not show any errors.

Really want to fix this, but no one knows what problem is...

so if you know what causes this, please let me know.

Thank you.

hide1825 is offline  
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 Old 04-20-2017, 04:41 AM
3rd Gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 101
Thanks: 13
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Are you driving in the left lane? The crown of the road causes mine to drift a little left or right depending on which side of the road crown i'm on. Alignment is accurate.


2004 Honda Accord DX - 5-spd Manual - I4 K24 Motor - 120k
Soler25 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Soler25 For This Useful Post:
hide1825 (04-20-2017)
post #3 of 17 Old 04-20-2017, 05:03 AM
6th Gear
 
qman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 1,618
Thanks: 4
Thanked 65 Times in 63 Posts
220 psi??
Das Chicken likes this.

2003 Accord EX I4 AT (mine), K&N drop in (surprised), JL Audio TR690Txi 6X9 in the rear
2004 Accord EX I4 MT (wife's), totally bone stock except for all the crap that fills every cubic inch that is not the driver seat.
qman is online now  
 
post #4 of 17 Old 04-20-2017, 05:40 AM
Don't drink and drive
 
salcuta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 3,311
Thanks: 225
Thanked 277 Times in 257 Posts
Garage
How do you guys measure your PSIs?

Also, do you have the North American Accord or the European one?

2005 Honda Accord V6 LX - 166k
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2015 Rocky Mountain Soul (Runs on fat)

2005 Toyota Corolla
2011 Ninja 250R
2006 Cadillac CTS
1999 Nissan Altima

"Ordinary people have big TVs. Extraordinary people have big libraries." - Robin Sharma
salcuta is online now  
post #5 of 17 Old 04-20-2017, 05:58 AM
又一位第八代雅阁双门车主
 
UnknownJinX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,023
Thanks: 19
Thanked 58 Times in 56 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by salcuta View Post
How do you guys measure your PSIs?

Also, do you have the North American Accord or the European one?
Pretty sure they have the North American ones, so no Acura TSX shenanigans.

And I think OP is probably using kPa to measure tire pressure, since 220 psi in a tire will make it explode and burst into flames. 220 kPa is about 31 psi and 260 kPa is about 38 psi. Get rid of some air in the left tire.

To OP, you hit curbs or big potholes before? A bent wheel rim might be the problem.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

My first car!

2008 Honda Accord Coupé EX-L V6 w/Navi 5AT PMM

Mods and such things:

AFE Pro Dry S drop-in filter
VCMuzzler II
HFP body kit
RGR-16D HFP Alloy Wheels
i-VTEC & 3.5 stickers
High and Low beams - Philips CrystalVision Ultra
Front turn signals - HV 6000K white/amber switchback
Rear lights - Philips Vision LEDs
Interior LEDs
Crosstour shift knob
OEM footwell lights
and more!

1999 Toyota Corolla CE 5MT

And a manual DD I will reveal later... ;)
UnknownJinX is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to UnknownJinX For This Useful Post:
hide1825 (04-20-2017)
post #6 of 17 Old 04-20-2017, 06:02 AM
Out of Control
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,139
Thanks: 4
Thanked 374 Times in 332 Posts
Despite the monster truck tire psi rating, there could be many reasons that you have a camber issue while on stock suspension, but you did not specify if it's the front or rear end:

- worn ball joints
- worn bushings
- worn struts
- bent suspension arms, for the rear

my front camber increased by +0.4 degree when I refreshed the front end's bushings and ball joints, the entire front end also went up by 0.5 inch.

07 V6 AUTO Sedan
t-rd is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to t-rd For This Useful Post:
hide1825 (04-20-2017)
post #7 of 17 Old 04-20-2017, 07:22 AM
DIY Kid/Hypermiler
 
Das Chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Georgia
Posts: 347
Thanks: 32
Thanked 53 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post

And I think OP is probably using kPa to measure tire pressure, since 220 psi in a tire will make it explode and burst into flames. 220 kPa is about 31 psi and 260 kPa is about 38 psi. Get rid of some air in the left tire.
Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.
Actually, there is a possibility the tire may survive 220 PSI, not that I would want to be anywhere near a car tire above 60 PSI. Here is a video of an old crappy tire with who knows how low of a PSI rating failing at 170 psi.
UnknownJinX likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qman View Post
Ah so you do have a drinking problem. You do not drink enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaine View Post
The 9th Gen V6 Accord is the "mullet haircut" of the car industry. Bidness in the front, but party in the back when it's "GO TIME".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropgun View Post
You high?
From a Mercedes-Benz forum: "Drive it like You have to fix it"


2006 Honda Accord EX 6-6 Sedan Tafetta White 146K miles. DIY coroplast undertray, hybrid rear diffuser, Odyssey intake spacer milled down to 1.3".
Das Chicken is offline  
post #8 of 17 Old 04-20-2017, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 7
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry I think i used wrong, it should be 220 kPa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Pretty sure they have the North American ones, so no Acura TSX shenanigans.

And I think OP is probably using kPa to measure tire pressure, since 220 psi in a tire will make it explode and burst into flames. 220 kPa is about 31 psi and 260 kPa is about 38 psi. Get rid of some air in the left tire.

To OP, you hit curbs or big potholes before? A bent wheel rim might be the problem.
Thank you I did not see any damages on the rims... and I have used wrong .. it should be 220 kPa ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rd View Post
Despite the monster truck tire psi rating, there could be many reasons that you have a camber issue while on stock suspension, but you did not specify if it's the front or rear end:

- worn ball joints
- worn bushings
- worn struts
- bent suspension arms, for the rear

my front camber increased by +0.4 degree when I refreshed the front end's bushings and ball joints, the entire front end also went up by 0.5 inch.
Thank you. I will check it with the list you have written.
I am also not sure it is causing from rear or front, but I guess it could be from front.
By the way, sorry for the used wrong unit.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by salcuta View Post
How do you guys measure your PSIs?

Also, do you have the North American Accord or the European one?
I am not so sure.. Here local call this car cm5 or sda... and sorry for the wrong unit ....T_T.. 220 kPa

Last edited by namegoeshere; 04-21-2017 at 09:40 PM. Reason: le merge
hide1825 is offline  
post #9 of 17 Old 04-20-2017, 03:42 PM
Roll Tide!
 
jimijam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In your head
Posts: 5,246
Thanks: 1,553
Thanked 942 Times in 698 Posts
Right hand drive vehicle. Malaysia drives on left, so crown of road is on the right. Perhaps alignment was set to compensate for crown (with camber) of road on left, like here in the US?

Post the alignment spec sheet if you have one.

2007 V6 AT Sedan
jimijam is offline  
post #10 of 17 Old 04-20-2017, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 7
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimijam View Post
Right hand drive vehicle. Malaysia drives on left, so crown of road is on the right. Perhaps alignment was set to compensate for crown (with camber) of road on left, like here in the US?

Post the alignment spec sheet if you have one.

Hello ,

Actually I bought it as a secodhanded car so I do not have a manual for that. I have checked it google.com.my and I found it.


Thank you.
Attached Images
 
hide1825 is offline  
post #11 of 17 Old 04-20-2017, 04:13 PM
Roll Tide!
 
jimijam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In your head
Posts: 5,246
Thanks: 1,553
Thanked 942 Times in 698 Posts
Here in the US, our alignment machines print out a sheet indicating the actual alignment settings of the car before and after the technician sets the alignment. Usually this print out is given to the customer when the alignment service is complete. Did you get a similar print out when you received your latest alignment? This is what we want to see.

2007 V6 AT Sedan
jimijam is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to jimijam For This Useful Post:
hide1825 (04-20-2017)
post #12 of 17 Old 04-20-2017, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 7
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimijam View Post
Here in the US, our alignment machines print out a sheet indicating the actual alignment settings of the car before and after the technician sets the alignment. Usually this print out is given to the customer when the alignment service is complete. Did you get a similar print out when you received your latest alignment? This is what we want to see.
OH !

Sorry I have never had that kind of paper when I went for alignment.
But This coming Saturday , here it is Friday, I will go to the nearest alignment shop and I will ask for before and after alignment. and I will leave it on here
Thank you
jimijam likes this.
hide1825 is offline  
post #13 of 17 Old 04-20-2017, 05:17 PM
Roll Tide!
 
jimijam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In your head
Posts: 5,246
Thanks: 1,553
Thanked 942 Times in 698 Posts
Cool. Are you close to KL? I spent a few weeks there when I worked in Singapore for a year. I miss that part of the world.

2007 V6 AT Sedan
jimijam is offline  
post #14 of 17 Old 04-21-2017, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 7
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimijam View Post
Cool. Are you close to KL? I spent a few weeks there when I worked in Singapore for a year. I miss that part of the world.
wow thats amazing ! I was working in KL and now currently staying in JB nearby Singapore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hide1825 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimijam View Post
Here in the US, our alignment machines print out a sheet indicating the actual alignment settings of the car before and after the technician sets the alignment. Usually this print out is given to the customer when the alignment service is complete. Did you get a similar print out when you received your latest alignment? This is what we want to see.
OH !

Sorry I have never had that kind of paper when I went for alignment.
But This coming Saturday , here it is Friday, I will go to the nearest alignment shop and I will ask for before and after alignment. and I will leave it on here
Thank you
Hello ,

I just went to alignment shop. The mechanic said it maybe is caused by camber , an upper arm , or a lower arm from the driver side(right).

any suggestions will be thanks
Attached Images
  

Last edited by namegoeshere; 04-21-2017 at 09:42 PM. Reason: le merge
hide1825 is offline  
post #15 of 17 Old 04-22-2017, 05:46 AM
4th Gear
 
visionguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 243
Thanks: 26
Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hide1825 View Post
....

when the car is on the alignment machine that also does not show any errors.

Really want to fix this, but no one knows what problem is...

so if you know what causes this, please let me know.

Thank you.
By turning right, do you mean you have to hold the steering wheel to the left in order for the car to go straight?
If that's the case, you need to ask the shop to fix the centering: put the steering wheel at dead center before adjusting the toe.

On our Accords, mostly,
alignment = toe adjusting = adjusting the overall length of steering rod by threading in/out at two tierod ends.

If the steering wheel is not centered before the adjustment, you will end up turning to the one side.

I once had to go back to the alignment shop twice to get it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hide1825 View Post

I just went to alignment shop. The mechanic said it maybe is caused by camber , an upper arm , or a lower arm from the driver side(right).

any suggestions will be thanks
If you mean the car wandering to the right, that may have something to do with suspension parts, such as worn upper control arm ball joints, but there will be more symptoms (such as noise).


2007 Accord EX-L V6 @146K
2016 Audi Q5 3.0T Premium Plus w/Tech Pkg @8K
Previously:
2005 Honda Accord Hybrid (2015@135K)
1989 Honda Accord DX (2008@180K)
1985 Honda Accord (1996@120K)
visionguru is offline  
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome