Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

19" Honda OEM Factory Performance Wheels and Michelin 235/40R19 Tires

13K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  henshman 
#1 ·
I believe these were on a coupe...good fitment on a 15 sedan (ex-l v6)?

I spotted a set locally and wonder if any has this setup on a 4dr yet.

Thanks

#4 ·
The 235/40/19 is what comes stock on Accords with the 19" wheels so the wheels you're looking at with the 235's mounted would be what you want to keep the speedo correct.A lot of folks choose a 245 series tire because it's a more common size with many more options to choose from.

With a 245/40/19 tire the speedo will be 1mph off to the low side(59) at 60mph since it's a slightly larger diameter tire than stock.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
For comparison here is my '14 with the same 19x8 factory HFP wheels with 245x40s. I am lowered 1.5 inches though.

I would have gone with 255s but was limited by the 8" rim width. With the 245s over the 235s you get just a bit more sidewall to help fill the wheel well and some protection from pot holes, not to mention a slightly more comfortable ride.

Attachments

This post has been deleted
#9 ·
May as well just get them new if those are the ones you really like. That way you can pick your new tire size/brand and have pristine wheels with no scuffs. Maybe wait until you need tires and switch them out then. Just my 2 cents worth...

Genuine Honda Accord 4DR Sedan 19" HFP Diamond Cut Alloy Wheel 2013 2016 | eBay

And you can re-sell your factory sport wheels for a good price. Those are in demand for some weird reason.

This post has been deleted
#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
At the same time you're deciding on what offset,you need to be thinking about tire size.

If you don't mind running a stretched tire then a +35 may work.I wanted to fit as much tire as I could to help with the ride and wheel protection so I choose a +45 offset so I could fit a 245/40 with NO rubbing.
With a +35 8.5" wide wheel I think you will need at most a 225 series tire to avoid the tire rubbing on the lip if you're lowered and not planning on rolling them.

To get a better idea of how different offsets and tire combinations will fit enter your sizes here,then go out to your car with a tape measure in hand to get a visual of where they will sit in relation to the lip.

Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.