H&R Sport springs installed on 2016 Touring sedan - Drive Accord Honda Forums
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 44 Old 08-29-2016, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Garage
H&R Sport springs installed on 2016 Touring sedan

Got the springs earlier in the week and had a guy I know installed them for me that has done work before on my other cars.
I honestly loved the way it looks now. It's as if it should come like this from the factory. The ride to me doesn't feel that much different from stock and the ride feels great. I did come from a super stiff S2000 suspension, so this is like heaven in comfort compared to that. He didn't cut the bump stops and haven't had any issues yet in 2 days. Highly recommend these if anyone was debating on getting them. Got them from tirerack.com
What do ya think?

Front passenger

Rear passenger

Driver front

Driver rear

Shawnuff, salcuta, Pdubois and 4 others like this.
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 08-29-2016, 06:46 AM
1st Gear

That looks great! My only concern with aftermarket springs on OEM shocks is the premature wear that it puts on the OEM shocks. Is there any particular reason why people are not pairing these springs with aftermarket shocks?

Blu3RSX likes this.
post #3 of 44 Old 08-29-2016, 07:36 AM
Beginner

The drop is perfect, very nice. For your rsx and s2000 how many miles on the eibachs paired with OEM shocks and how many years did it last?

2015 Accord sport MSM
- 3M color stable 50%
- Tein coilovers
- SPC rear camber kit
- EX3 roof spoiler
- Sport horn

post #4 of 44 Old 08-29-2016, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by akplaya92 View Post
That looks great! My only concern with aftermarket springs on OEM shocks is the premature wear that it puts on the OEM shocks. Is there any particular reason why people are not pairing these springs with aftermarket shocks?
Well my car is like 3 weeks old almost 4 so my shocks still have a while before they go. This is the reason I went springs first to, to see how long shocks last before I go for some decent coilovers. But actually on my Rsx-s and s2000 I never changed the shocks and they lasted till I got rid of the cars. Those had Eibachs though if it matters. So whenever I see the shocks go, I'll get get coilovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf4noob73 View Post
The drop is perfect, very nice. For your rsx and s2000 how many miles on the eibachs paired with OEM shocks and how many years did it last?
The 02 Rsx had them installed 2 months after I got it that year. Had pro kit first and wasn't low enough, then got the sport line week later. It was totaled in 08 and never changed shocks. Car had 90k+ miles. The 2005 s2000 I bought in 08 with 24k miles on it. Changed to pro kit that same year. Till this date the shocks were still good with 136k when I traded it in. Let's see how long this accord hangs with them

Last edited by namegoeshere; 08-29-2016 at 02:34 PM. Reason: merge
post #5 of 44 Old 08-29-2016, 08:54 AM
1st Gear

Looks great! After having bilstein coilovers on my Focus ST, I can say I'll never put coilovers on anything ever again. I didn't even have it that low and it rode pretty stiff. It wasn't really that bad compared to some, but a little too much for my 100mile a day commute.
post #6 of 44 Old 08-29-2016, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Garage
When I do get coilovers, I'll prob go the Tein way with adjustability on height and damping. That's a year or 2+ from now though. This will do for now. I really love the look!
post #7 of 44 Old 08-30-2016, 10:08 AM
1st Gear

Looks great! Is there a reason why you went with these over the Eibachs? I'm assuming it's because these offer a bit lower of a drop?

As far as I can see, price is nearly the same plus/minus a few bucks.
The Following User Says Thank You to EazyWeazy3 For This Useful Post:
Albert Rocha (12-11-2016)
post #8 of 44 Old 08-30-2016, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyWeazy3 View Post
Looks great! Is there a reason why you went with these over the Eibachs? I'm assuming it's because these offer a bit lower of a drop?

As far as I can see, price is nearly the same plus/minus a few bucks.
Yes, this is exactly why I went this route. I have been using embark on prior cars but the drop on the accord was not even 1" and I think I wouldn't have been happy with it. So as these were installed it was exactly the drop I wanted and glad I went this route. Plus I saw pictures and nothing but good comments also from members here and sure enough they were right!
post #9 of 44 Old 08-30-2016, 02:44 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki11aBEE View Post
Yes, this is exactly why I went this route. I have been using embark on prior cars but the drop on the accord was not even 1" and I think I wouldn't have been happy with it. So as these were installed it was exactly the drop I wanted and glad I went this route. Plus I saw pictures and nothing but good comments also from members here and sure enough they were right!
Looks good.

The drop specs on the Eibach ProKit for the V6 is 1.3" front/rear.I've installed the H&R's on other vehicles but it always bothered me that they don't list any spring rate specifications.I've read a lot of posts hear about the ride not being very good with the H&R's(too soft for a lowering spring) so this time around I went with the Eibachs and the drop was exactly as advertised,1.3" F/R and the ride is firm but compliant,just as I would describe the stock ride.

Approaching 2 years(about 20k) with the lowering springs and the factory struts are still going strong(fingers crossed).

'13 ASM EX-L V6 Sedan
"Just because someone does something for a living,it doesn't mean they're good at it"
post #10 of 44 Old 08-30-2016, 04:21 PM
1st Gear

Are these the H&R sport springs?
post #11 of 44 Old 08-30-2016, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Garage
You have any pics? Weird based on tireracks page, the drop is different from what you state.
https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...odClar=Touring
I wanted the lowest possible drop.
post #12 of 44 Old 08-30-2016, 04:43 PM
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ki11aBEE View Post
You have any pics? Weird based on tireracks page, the drop is different from what you state.
https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...odClar=Touring
I wanted the lowest possible drop.
Those specs on Tire Rack are for 4 cyl. applications.

V6 part # 4089.140
I4 part # 4090.140

What is the rated drop for the H&R,I can't recall off hand?
Not that it matters,I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

Edit: I see now that the H&R are 1.2 F and 1.3 R.
The Eibachs are 1.3 front and rear so the difference is negligible between the two.
ki11aBEE likes this.

'13 ASM EX-L V6 Sedan
"Just because someone does something for a living,it doesn't mean they're good at it"
post #13 of 44 Old 08-30-2016, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Garage
Hmm. Had I known that I'd done eibach just because I have used them in the past. But these r not bad at all this far.
post #14 of 44 Old 08-31-2016, 08:31 AM
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfalcon View Post
Looks great! After having bilstein coilovers on my Focus ST, I can say I'll never put coilovers on anything ever again. I didn't even have it that low and it rode pretty stiff. It wasn't really that bad compared to some, but a little too much for my 100mile a day commute.
Tein coilovers are really comfortable. I had them on an '07 accord and my friend has them on his '13. They ride better than stock if you ask me.
post #15 of 44 Old 08-31-2016, 12:08 PM
3rd Gear

OLdManriver Do you see any camber change with that drop? Or I guess either of you ki11abee (since drop is about the same) I'm wanting to lower my Accord with Eibach Pro kit as well but I don't want to deal with camber issues. did you buy anything separate to correct camber issues or you haven't had any period? thanks in advance. I know drop is minimal at only 1.3

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.