19x8 Nissan Maxima Sport Wheels - Drive Accord Honda Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tsaccord

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-19-2017, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

19x8 Nissan Maxima Sport Wheels

I have verified that this will fit, but am curious as to how they will look. I have a friend who lives a little while away selling them cheap and I'm interested in purchasing them. Has anyone ran these? They are not very aggressive but are much nicer than my 18" OEM wheels.. Thanks!

I also have a friend that powdercoats for pretty cheap.. Would it be worth getting them powdered?

NOTE: I am currently at stock height, but am in the process of ordering Tein SAs

14' V6 Coupe CBP

Pittsburgh!
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-19-2017, 01:09 PM
Out of Control

A. I think they look great.

B. No, I would not get them powder coated.

C. I would however make sure that all four wheels are perfectly round. (I made the mistake of buying used wheels once from someone who said they were straight and they weren’t. It was an honest mistake but happens more than some might think with used wheels.) An easy way to check is to jack up one corner of the back of the car, put on each wheel separately and spin it (hand brake off obviously). If you see any deviation as the wheel spins, don’t buy it.

D. Also, I know you said you checked that these fit, but you do know that a Maxima uses a larger 66.1mm hub center than Honda’s 64.1mm hub center, right? The fact that the hub center is larger means this wheel will fit over Honda’s hub, but it is not a perfect fit. Did you plan on buying hub centric rings like this?

http://www.ebay.com/p/?iid=161969320...pp=true&chn=ps

If yes, great. If not, without these rings there is a good chance those wheels will vibrate. Also, be sure to check if your center cap can fit into these Maxima wheels. I really like the look. Best of luck.

2012 Accord Coupe EX-L w/Nav, V6-6MT
2007 Accord Sedan EX-L w/Nav, V6-6MT (sold)
post #3 of 4 Old 04-20-2017, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldeagle View Post
A. I think they look great.

B. No, I would not get them powder coated.

C. I would however make sure that all four wheels are perfectly round. (I made the mistake of buying used wheels once from someone who said they were straight and they weren’t. It was an honest mistake but happens more than some might think with used wheels.) An easy way to check is to jack up one corner of the back of the car, put on each wheel separately and spin it (hand brake off obviously). If you see any deviation as the wheel spins, don’t buy it.

D. Also, I know you said you checked that these fit, but you do know that a Maxima uses a larger 66.1mm hub center than Honda’s 64.1mm hub center, right? The fact that the hub center is larger means this wheel will fit over Honda’s hub, but it is not a perfect fit. Did you plan on buying hub centric rings like this?

http://www.ebay.com/p/?iid=161969320...pp=true&chn=ps

If yes, great. If not, without these rings there is a good chance those wheels will vibrate. Also, be sure to check if your center cap can fit into these Maxima wheels. I really like the look. Best of luck.
Thanks! I really appreciate the response. Lots of good info. I will certainly ensure all the wheels are perfectly round with that tip. I've known the kid for a long time, but like you said, mistakes happen. As for the hubcentric rings, yes, I plan on getting the aluminum set from Amazon for about $15.

Havent gotten to check the centercap yet - havent even seen them in person!

14' V6 Coupe CBP

Pittsburgh!

post #4 of 4 Old 04-20-2017, 11:24 AM
4th Gear

Garage
They look good. If you get them post some pics. Looking forward to seeing it.
PGHDevin likes this.

Current vehicles
2016 Honda Accord Sport on 20" Lexani wheels wrapped in 245/35/20 tires.
2014 Honda Pilot EX on 20" Range Rover Sport wheels wrapped in 275/50/20 tires.

Former vehicles
It may be easier to say what I haven't had.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.