Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

9th Gen Accord wheel thread: pictures, questions, general discussion

Tags
offset wheels
3M views 4K replies 808 participants last post by  Dilla 
#1 ·
9th generation Accord OEM / after-market wheel thread.

Please post
  • wheel brand/manufacturer and model
  • wheel specs (size, offset, etc)
  • tire brand and size
  • lowered or not (and by how much)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Gianelle Yerevan
  • 20x8.5 +35
  • 255/35R20 Falken tire
  • stock height

Hey Gang,
A local Honda dealer brought in a all new Accord for a wheel and tire install last night so I thought I would share. They went with a 20x8.5 +35 Gianelle Yerevan in Matte Black with 255/35R20 Falken tire. I was super impressed with all the new feature Honda is bringing to the table. Now to the pics:thmsup:

See less See more
#13 ·
need to drop it 1.5, then it would look legit

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

#18 ·
I'm planning on buying a Sport trim and I really like the stock wheels. However, im sure in about a year or two there is going to be one at every other corner here in Southern California. Thus, I would like to paint the stock wheels black to make the car stand out and give it a little bit of an edge. Have any of you guys ever had your stock wheels painted before? About how much would it cost for a decent paint job?

Also, if any of you guys have any Photoshop experience it would be awesome if you guys can paint the stock wheels black on a "modern steel metallic" Sport to see how it would look. Thanks in Advance.

#19 ·
I've painted my stock 09 Civic Coupe rims gloss black and cost me $350. as soon as I get my white '13 Accord Coupe I'll be plasti dipping w Glossifier my stock rims which might cost $100 for 4 cans of black, and one Glossifier

#20 ·
Sounds like a reasonable price assuming the wheels stay looking fresh for a good amount of time. You should definitely post pics of your white on black coupe, im sure its gonna look badass.

WOW! I just did some quick research on Plasti Dip and I can't believe it's that cheap. I thought you meant you were going to pay $100 for each can. I just saw a website selling a "matte finish" kit that includes 4 cans for about $25. :banana:

#25 ·
Thanks... I was looking at it and figured if you're gonna black out the wheels, you might as well black out the chrome trim too. Here's a matte and a gloss finish:

Matte:
View attachment 44670

Gloss:
View attachment 44671

-Trash
You forgot the beauty trim on the lower grill-->:)

Looks much better with all chrome Blacked out, IMO.

I did a PS Coupe and thought I was gonna get run off of the site...

#29 ·
True. Though there are those kinds of people that just completely ruin the look of a car by decking it out in all the wrong ways. I once saw a mustang in which the owner did a car mod FAIL and decked out the car to the point where it looked like a piece of shit on wheels. :thumbsdow

#31 ·
I really like these. Very interested in seeing these on a sedan/ coupe. Should not look too big either. There is something going on with the 20's on the 2013 Accord. Whether its where the car itself is shorter or lower then then 8th gen or what I do not know, but 20 looks out of proportion to me. Maybe better in person though, pictures do not always capture the true look.

#40 ·
If you can get free shipping on those wheels if you buy the whole set, that would be sweet! Other then that, if those wheels can fit on the sedan, I would be HIGHLY interested in getting those to replace the wheels mine came with.