Votes: 7 10.8%
  • 6th

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%

What is your favorite gear?

5K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  stiller fan 
#1 ·
This can be for all MT or even the AT drivers. I saw this in Acurazine and I was curious to see what others had to say here. If you choose "other," please explain.

Mine is 2nd. I love that gear as the Vtec is amazing...and that 2-3 shift is awesome.

#2 ·
Wow this is a weird poll if I have ever seen one...LOL

Anyhow, I chose 4th, because with my 6MT 4th seems to give me the most "instant power" without having to downshift at the speeds I typically drive. Plus, when I am on the freeway if I downshift to 4th I can overtake 90% of whats on the road (3rd and I really can't but I have to watch my speed as I don't like downshifting really close to the red).

#3 ·
3rd for me....

gives me good power on the highway, along with people looking over and going... :eek:

#5 ·
reverse. Without it, your screwed

#7 ·
Hmm true. 3rd on the 6MT tops out around 145km/h (90mph) iirc....

#13 ·
reverse would be in other was well as if someone wanted to reply w/ "D" or "D3"....

#17 ·
I was just thinking how annoying it is on the Automatics that we have "D" and "D3". Its a big jump down when you need engine braking to avoid a "Blue Light Special".... :lmao: .... Honda, why not have a "D", "D4", and "D3"? :dunno:

Regular Driving - "D". Set it and forget it. And, mine is usually running in "5th", so that's how I answered.
Rainy Weather - "2". For controlled launches.

#11 ·
2nd gear for me. 3rd is a close second (Huh?!? :confused:), but I don't have many opportunites to really take advantage of it. 2nd gear is a blast for coming out of turns and for freeway on-ramps.... :thmsup:

#18 ·
The 5th to 3rd from 70mph to pass some idiot who is throwing rocks all over the road. when the car hits third my a** o meter gets really happy. :) even with the AT the I4 hauls a**. my opinon of course, and the V6 is quicker, but i still can beat most family sedans from a stoplight. Might have to use all of the white space, but that is what Honda made it for. :)

#19 ·
i agree when that vtec kicks in.
my favorite is 5th b/c it saves the most gas

#22 ·
i have heard that skipping gears alot on a MT is bad for the tranny cause of the synchros not wearing correctly. is this the case?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.