Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

OBDII Port Location

Tags
obdii
26K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  cheech16 
#1 ·
Where is this port? I have a port underneath the Econ button, but it is covered. It looks like it would fit an OBDII device there. Where else should I look?

#2 ·
Yes, it is right under the eco button. :) I used a Bluetooth OBD module a while back and it worked great with Torque app on android.

#7 ·
I presume you mean under that part of the dash front :dunno:--right below the ECO/VSS area is the TPMS calibration button, on non-Touring Accords.

Come to think of it, I haven't scrounged around under there to find the OBDII port!

#3 ·
I ordered one that plugs in somewhere and then interacts vis bluetooth with my phone. Do you think I could just use the sensor in the car and pair it with the software in my phone?

Or is there another location where you can plug a device in directly?

#5 ·
Is there any port device you recommend? I've seen so many different ones at different prices I'm unsure where I want to buy. Need one compatible for Android.

#6 ·
#8 ·
It's close to where a foot operated parking brake would sit, straight up, under the dash close to the fender. I have my Allstate drivewise monitor plugged in-saving 10% on all cars. Yes they monitor you but all cars for the last 5+ years have a black box that records all kinds of data and have been used in court in crash reconstruction. How about the auto manufacturer downloading data showing that when your differential blew, you were doing a WOT acceleration run at your local drag strip and they have the GPS coordinates and data to prove it when you make your warranty claim. Even if you don't have NAV, you have a black box that records your whereabouts.

#9 ·
How about the auto manufacturer downloading data showing that when your differential blew, you were doing a WOT acceleration run at your local drag strip and they have the GPS coordinates and data to prove it when you make your warranty claim. Even if you don't have NAV, you have a black box that records your whereabouts.
Then you'd best be letting the car run at least 30 minutes after you blow your differential. Doesn't the event data recorder only record the last 30 minutes (or something like that) leading up to a "significant event"? I don't know if it keeps it in memory if the car is still running and it's still recording.

#10 ·
That information will be provided to you on a "need to know basis". :dunno: Very sketchy and elusive information that manufacturers are willing to disclose. I have read some claims of a loop recorder for x minutes as well as a permanent embedded recording for certain events. Anybody's guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.