Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

04 Accord Coupe...ILX Rims?

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  nick_av6_la 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey everyone, I have an 04 auto 6 coupe. I'm looking at some rims from an Acura ILX they are sized 17X7 5X114.3 (5X4.5) bolt pattern +40mm offset. Would they fit without rolling fenders?

anyone have an answer?

thanks

#4 ·
According to Willtheyfit.com, Your new wheels will stick out 15mm or so compared to what you have.

I assume the stock wheels are 16x7, I don't know what v6 wheel sizes are.

With my 4cyl, I hardly noticed any difference in acceleration and fuel economy. I noticed more of a difference in fuel economy when adding a rear spoiler, when I was driving freeway a majority of the time. The appearance and wider tires 205 to 225, and resulting grip improvement more than made up for the small decrease in fuel economy.

ILX wheels should be relatively light, being designed for a car based on the Civic.

#5 ·
#6 ·
If you go with the stock ride height, try to use a stock Accord size tire, rather than the ILX size.

I believe those have a bit of stretch to them, and wouldn't look right unless the car was very low.

This is my car at stock height, with the stock '11 TSX wheels and tires.

Attachments

#8 ·
I am running 235/45R17 8Jx17 +45mm offset Acura TL rims on a 4-door.
So far so good. I honestly don't know whether there's a difference in wheel arch between 4 and 2 doors, but I believe that most wheel sizes of 2004-2007 (and subsequent equivalents up to this day) models will fit. Honestly, after I put on the rims the car finally started to look great. Even without lowering, on stock suspension it looks a little bit aggressive and the whole image just...fits together. I even started to think that the car was designed with 17" in mind, but was dropped to 16" just so that Acura owners would feel more bang for their cash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.