Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Hit a curb at my Side Skirt

18K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  seldomseen 
#1 ·
Hello,

I stupidly estimated a curb incorrectly and damaged the side of my accord coupe and SEVERLY damaged the exterior body of my car at the side skirt, under my passenger door. Do you guys know of the best possible solution for this? Taking it to a body shop, I'm thinking, will be pretty pricy. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a less expensive solution? Perhaps covering it with another(custom) side skirt? I'm not sure? Please let me know if you guys had anything in mind. I have attached pictures of my angel's current condition ?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah it looks terrible. I figured taking it to a body shop would be my only option. Hopefully it's still fixable and I do not need to replace the entire panel. And the price of getting those side skirts and having them installed looks like it would be the same price as getting it fixed. Does anyone know the price range? I am going to a few local body shops this weekend, but just to have an idea....?

I honestly don't know how it did THAT much damage. I hit it after letting off the brakes FROM REST. I had to be going like 3miles per hour. I guess maybe the way I turned into it or something. Idk. But thanks, I'll need it.

#5 ·
Yeah, I'd get the underbody side skirts, it will cover that right up and probably be cheaper then repairing it...

#6 ·
People in my work parking lot do that all the time. They actually drag the cement curb a few feet before it comes to rest on the sidewalk. I use to think people were pranking us by moving it by hand but its several hundred pounds.

Get a quote on having it repaired... and if its too much you can hide it partially with the skirt but I would make sure you cover that exposed metal with paint as best you can.

What sucks is you hit the bottom of the door too and that means a full paint and blend on each side to get it perfect.

Reactions: Das Chicken
#8 ·
Panel is called a rocker panel. To do it right, you would need to section cut & replace panel.

Honda Automotive Parts

#9 ·
Whatever became of this situation? It looks like you did a high and drunken powerslide into a steel pole of some sort! :bawling:

A body shop will be able to pull out the gouge, smooth the rocker panel, then prep, prime, and repaint, and clearcoat the entire section. Depending on the shop, it will most likely range from $500 - $1000 to properly fix the damage. It also looks as though you scraped the lower part of the passenger door too, which may increase the repair cost a tad bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.