Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

2016 crashed after three months of ownership

7K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  akplaya92 
#1 ·
fml..... should I be worried that the air bags didn't deploy??

Was traveling at 55 miles per hour hit a Ford F-250 that was at a compete stop

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

See less See more
#5 ·
I would sue the ford owner. There are laws against that ignorant mud tire jacking up ******* crap. I guarantee his bumper was supposed to be at factory height. Since he was in violation of the law its possible it was his fault. Then again, you could have been sipping on your frenchie worded coffee thing beat bopping on your phone and it could be your fault. I don't know really. I'm pretty tired and it hurts my head thinking about it. I agree FYL.

#7 ·
This^
Here in Wisconsin the bumper needs to be no more than 4" above or below stock height.I would at least take up this issue with your insurance company and see what plays out,he will more than likely just be ticketed for his bumper height,but......

This doesn't make you any less at fault but driving around in an illegally modified vehicle is a danger to everyone on the road.

Reactions: DatsunSaves
#8 ·
.. thought i had it bad .... please explain in detail what happened ... was the truck rightly stopped on the road .. did he stop suddenly on a major road ?

depending on the situation i might suggest you dont make a claim to the insurance ...if the other driver is cool with the damage to the truck and is not injured .. go to a notary and both sign an agreement to let things be ... then just take out a personal loan and fix your ride .

if its your fault you will pay for this mistake over a (usual) coarse of 3 years in insurance premiums .. and most notably a more expensive option in the long run ...

my 2 cents anyways ... from experience

long story short i was t boned by an illegal person driving without a licence and i was put as the one at fault by my own issuance contradicting what the police report and i said what happened .

after two years of punishment and arguing i got them to fix it but i learned alot of the bs systems in place insurance providers use during that time.

#11 ·
The truck was pulling into his driveway which is on a highway with the speed limit of 55 miles per hour.

2 cars in front of me swerve left using their blinker but did not apply their brakes. by the time I saw the truck I had little time to Swerve to the left and smashed into him

It was after work and I was really tired.

repair quote is $11,000. Allstate also waived my deductible because the other party was through Allstate as well.

No police were involved and there was no contest. The kid I hit was only 17 years old and this was his first truck.

All said and done both vehicles will be fixed his will probably be in better condition than it was before I hit him. Nobody has to pay any money except my insurance rates will probably increase for the next 5 years

The repair shop I chose to go with has been fixing Hondas for a very long time and they promised to repair it back to factory new.

Here in Oregon it's the state law that I get to choose the repair shop.

At least I will be getting a rock chip free bumper and hood now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Glad you are OK, that could have been a lot worse. BTW that is a Ford F250 Super Duty, looks like a 4 wheel drive too, that is probably the normal ride height for that Truck. The decelaration is what sets off the air bags, not just a collision. Normally that is about 7G's of force. Your state does not allow diminished value unless the the other person caused the accident, you can not collect diminished value from your own insurance company.

#13 ·
You rear ended him no matter what the situation is your at fault so your insurance will sky rocket after this. And judging from the pictures I would say that early 90s model ford truck is perfectly street legal and those tires are normal for that size of a truck, I've seen modified trucks before and that ford barely looks modified at all. You should have driven slower knowing he was pulling up to his property which is located on a major road. I'm surprised the car wasn't written off that's quite a bit of damage...

#14 ·
That's not always true. I rear ended someone years back and they were ticketed. Due to the circumstances they were at fault. Their Isuzu Rodeo was solid as a rock and my S10 folded like an accordion.

#17 ·
Or C... You were cut off and then the person who cut you off then quickly applied the brakes to avoid the cars in front of him/her, or to collect on your insurance. If there are witnesses or the driver admits fault, the person you rear ended will get ticketed and be held liable. This happened to my brother years ago.

#19 ·
I was gonna say, either someone could cut you off and then slam on the brakes because there's not enough room, or if someone loses control of their vehicle in front of you, and you have no time to react or space to get out of the way. Another scenario could be they're in a straight/turning only lane or they miss their exit on the highway, and they slam on the brakes because they meant to be in a different lane and don't want to continue forward (without taking traffic behind them into consideration).

Reactions: Merc6
#22 ·
Dang, that's some pretty serious damage. I'm glad you weren't injured. It looks like the safety cage held up very well. I hope they can get it back to 100%.

I came very close to rear-ending someone last night myself. I was coming home from work turning onto a street near my house and it's sort of a blind turn. You make a right but there are trees all along the right side of the road and you don't really see the road you're turning onto until you're actually on it. Anyway, there was an accident that occurred on that road exactly where I was turning right to go onto it. There was one car stopped directly in my path as I made the right turn and another that was off in the grass. So, just as I turned right going about 15 MPH this car is literally right in front of me.

Luckily, I'm very hyper-attentive when I drive so I was able to stop in time but I could see where it might not have been my fault had I hit the car that was stopped in the middle of the road. It was kind of dusk and he had no brake or hazard lights on. And it's not like I was flying around the corner...but, like I said, I stopped in time so all is well.

But, I have to agree, most of the people who do the rear-ending are at fault. Not saying this was your fault here but stuff happens. Anyway, sorry again to hear about this happending to such a new car but good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.