k tuner base tune questions - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 21 Old 01-11-2017, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Yea I modded my car again

I got fuel cut set at 20 and personally it's still too slow for my liking.

The big deal to me is when you are trying to go through the gears at WOT the faster the revs drop the easier it will be on the clutch as it is not having to deal with the engine (just rotational mass).

I want a direct relationship between the pedal and the throttle body.

Now I will admit I am super impressed with things as they are. The rpms no longer climb 2-300 rev when shifting fast before engaging into the next gear. (Man that pissed me off beyond belief) and the throttle response is 90% where I imagined perfection to be.

I wish they made the car this way omg.

For those who have used, are using or are thinking about using Sprintbooster or any other brand that does the same thing.

For the record:
I bought sprint booster many many months back because I was looking for the car to have better throttle response. It took me less than a day to realize it's BS. Makes the pedal extremely sensitive and you lose your ability to modulate the throttle and everything becomes a nuisance to drive smoothly. It also does nothing for throttle hang or shifting, all it does is make the tb open faster with respect to the amount of pedal you are inputting. I returned the sprint booster and thought I'd never have the car drive like I wished it did. Eventually (after I had bought everything I could for my baby) I decided to go with Ktuner. I even called Ktuner and he walked me through the set up process because I was having some complications as I am horrible with computers lol. What a great guy... honestly. And another thing I love is that with sprint booster you have this cord with a button and that really makes the car look kinda Ricer IMHO. The more stock I can keep everything the happier I am. I may have a bunch of mods but I try and keep things looking as oem as possible. Because then when people find out what the car can do, they are truely surprised that they never even saw it coming.

There were a couple people who even said F sprintbooster and save a bit more and get Ktuner. But I didn't listen back then. Well now I have to say, holy mozes they were more than right. I had no idea what I was missing. And I am the most computer illiterate person on this forum probably, but with determination, researching our forum, watching some videos online and having a decent computer (which I bought for 450$ brand new 11.6" Lenovo 2.1ghz) I was able to do it.

My only problem I have now is there are so many parameters that can be adjusted I want to know what they all do and would like to tinker with a lot of stuff now lol

Blu3RSX likes this.

08 EX-L V6/6
Performance : Ktuner, Fastline ss clutch line, P2R thermal gaskets, EBC green stuff, XLR8 ss brake lines, tsx rsb, HSD coilovers
Power : RV6 hfpc, XLR8 V2 j-pipe, Injen cai, Unorthodox pulley, Magnaflow cbe, tl sh awd tb, j37 manifold
Extras : Raceseng Sphereology shift knob, Tomei oil cap, red aluminum battery tie down, trailer hitch, interior illumination kit, gold oem style lug nuts, PIAA ion yellow, PIAA extreme white plus, Honda auto dim mirror, JDM red emblems
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 Old 01-13-2017, 09:01 AM
Industrial Designer

he/she *says* computer illiterate..but in time will be hacking the IRS database AND smoking Mustangs which will come in handy to evade those pesky Agents.

Blu3Jasmine Thread
  • ATLP J-Pipe
  • Custom Intake
  • K&N Drop-In Filter
  • Magnaflow High-Flow Cat
  • P2R Throttle Body Spacer
    ---
  • Megan Racing EZII Coilovers
  • Progress 22mm Rear Sway Bar
  • SPC Performance Rear Camber Arms
    ---
  • 245/35-20 Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S
  • 20 x 8.5 Advanti Racing Hybris Wheels
post #18 of 21 Old 01-13-2017, 09:32 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 v6/6 View Post
I got fuel cut set at 20 and personally it's still too slow for my liking.

The big deal to me is when you are trying to go through the gears at WOT the faster the revs drop the easier it will be on the clutch as it is not having to deal with the engine (just rotational mass).
You won't like less than 20 - at least I didn't. Makes the car extremely 'jerky' when inching along in traffic in a low gear etc. The clutch won't benefit or be harmed either way. All the clutch does is engage / disengage the drive line. Interestingly enough, for the best performance in say a 1/4 drag strip run - you actually want LESS RPM drop when shifting gears. That's the reason speed shifting came about. The faster you can disengage / rengage and hit the next higher gear, the less RPM drop and the engine stays in it's power band longer as well.

FYI I'm getting ready to break down and do the J37 IM / TB swap as well.
post #19 of 21 Old 01-13-2017, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Get the manifold and tb man. I personally feel it gave the car a lot of mid range power. And definitely power overall. I'm really happy with it.

08 EX-L V6/6
Performance : Ktuner, Fastline ss clutch line, P2R thermal gaskets, EBC green stuff, XLR8 ss brake lines, tsx rsb, HSD coilovers
Power : RV6 hfpc, XLR8 V2 j-pipe, Injen cai, Unorthodox pulley, Magnaflow cbe, tl sh awd tb, j37 manifold
Extras : Raceseng Sphereology shift knob, Tomei oil cap, red aluminum battery tie down, trailer hitch, interior illumination kit, gold oem style lug nuts, PIAA ion yellow, PIAA extreme white plus, Honda auto dim mirror, JDM red emblems
post #20 of 21 Old 01-13-2017, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

I ordered it all from heeltoeauto.com. They even sent me a gift mug with a little note wishing me all the best with the install. Really impressed by them. Great customer support also when I called asking them questions I had about the manifold swap.

08 EX-L V6/6
post #21 of 21 Old 01-14-2017, 06:21 PM
1st Gear

Well I changed the throttle compensation to 0% and fuel cut to 20. It is something you gotta get used to because I have been driving for a year now with that rev hang and got used to the rev hang. Guess I will try to get used to this change but I probably will end up leaving it like that because now it feels like it's a cable driven throttle body.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.