making my car sound loud and nice and not like a fart can - Drive Accord Honda Forums
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 04-24-2017, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

making my car sound loud and nice and not like a fart can

Hey guys,

Im new here and even though its been a year since I got my Honda Accord Sedan SE 2012 Automatic , I just recently have gotten into the idea of modding it. First thing on my list is making it sound real nice. I been reading around for a while and I still cant decide. What is a good way to go on making my car sound loud and nice and not like a fart can for a good price?

Ps
This is my first post on here so hopefully its in the right section of the forms lol.

Edit:
So these are the current mufflers that I am looking at. If you guys have any opinion on which one is the best choice, please let me know.
Thanks!

4" N1 Style Burn Tip Stainless Steel Racing Resonator Exhaust Muffler 2.5" Inlet | eBay

4" N1 Carbon Tip Black Stainless Weld-On Exhaust Muffler 2.5" Inlet Universal 1 | eBay

DC SPORTS 3.5" STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST PERFORMANCE MUFFLER FOR ACURA HONDA | eBay

Last edited by sandeepman12; 04-24-2017 at 09:06 PM. Reason: added links to the mufflers I was looking at
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 04-24-2017, 10:04 PM
VTEC just kicked in.

Gosh darn. This really has me thinking, I don't think anyone's ever asked this before!

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say a muffler will probably not get you the change in sound you're looking for.

$50 eBay cans are probably a step in the wrong direction as well.

boring 08 EX likes this.

'08 EX-L V6 Sedan
  • P2R Intake Manifold Spacer
  • Intake Resonator Delete
  • VCMTuner
  • JL 8W1 <=> Kicker CX300.1
  • Alpine KTP-445U
post #3 of 17 Old 04-25-2017, 02:19 AM
4th Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepman12 View Post
Hey guys,

Im new here and even though its been a year since I got my Honda Accord Sedan SE 2012 Automatic , I just recently have gotten into the idea of modding it. First thing on my list is making it sound real nice. I been reading around for a while and I still cant decide. What is a good way to go on making my car sound loud and nice and not like a fart can for a good price?

Ps
This is my first post on here so hopefully its in the right section of the forms lol.

Edit:
So these are the current mufflers that I am looking at. If you guys have any opinion on which one is the best choice, please let me know.
Thanks!

4" N1 Style Burn Tip Stainless Steel Racing Resonator Exhaust Muffler 2.5" Inlet | eBay

4" N1 Carbon Tip Black Stainless Weld-On Exhaust Muffler 2.5" Inlet Universal 1 | eBay

DC SPORTS 3.5" STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST PERFORMANCE MUFFLER FOR ACURA HONDA | eBay
Welcome to Drive Accord!!!

Have you considered Using the drive Accord search feature, a good answer may already be here.

Also, Look at some YouTube videos of Accords with modified exhausts...you might find the brand and sound you are looking for.

Question for you, how many miles are on your car and have you performed any periodic maintenance, i.e. Fluid changes etc?
Spend your money on the essentials first so you will have a car to mod later ;-)
boring 08 EX likes this.

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Navi
2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Navi
2002 Lexus SC430 V8 Hardtop Convertible
2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 5.7L LS1 V8 Convertible

post #4 of 17 Old 04-25-2017, 06:47 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
Private passenger Hondas (and most cars in general) aren't really made to sound "nice" and "loud" at the same time. I say this to everyone so don't take offense, as I don't mean to, but maybe save your mod money and buy a car that was made to sound that way in the first place.

The cost of modding your Honda to sound like a sporty car with stock internals will probably amount to the same as buying a used sporty car with stock internals. Then you'll have a DD whilst you get to work on making the sporty car go faster, or just maintain both as-is. Of course this isn't feasible for everyone, but it makes more sense (to me at least) than spending all that time and money for small gains on a perfectly good car. I can't really talk I guess, since I did a lot of cosmetic work to my 6th gen, but that's because she was not in good condition when I got her.
BenzAccord, t-rd and boring 08 EX like this.

Selene, 1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan, 2.3L F23A4, 136K, liquid wrapped jet black
Harlock, 1998 Chevy Camaro Coupe, 3.8L 3800-II, 120K, sebring silver
Dana, 2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sedan, 2.2 L 2200, 134K, sandrift metallic
post #5 of 17 Old 04-25-2017, 09:42 AM
pessimistic optimist

You CAN get there from here. Do a search for J2 CBE or Cat back Exhaust in this forum and you will have your answer. Loud is subjective, what is loud to you may be quiet to me, nice is also subjective, I like the sound of a big block Chevy with a whole lot of duration and overlap in the cam so it sounds like the worlds biggest Harley Davidson at idle. You may like the sound of a 10 cylinder Formula 1 car at 10K RPM. Therefore, asking all of US what sounds loud and nice is sort of wasting your time. Good luck in your searching, and welcome to DA!

2008 EX sedan 2.4l, 3 pedals
Mods: Weapon R I Throttle, OE style lip spoiler, painted calipers, K&N drop in w/ resonator delete, Redline shift boot & armrest cover, Crosstour cluster, JDM style visors, retrofit headlights (morimoto h1 7.0) TL RSB well worth the wait
J2 CBE, DIY 9th gen short shifter, 15mm spacers (rear)
Future: H&R springs, Koni yellow struts
post #6 of 17 Old 04-25-2017, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thanks guys I'll check out those exhaust , I was also wondering, do you guys think I should just trade in the Honda Accord for a civic or Acura and then try to mod that up instead? And if I did go with the option of trading my car in, do you think that they would let me trade for that car straight up without paying any cash out of pocket ?
post #7 of 17 Old 04-25-2017, 12:49 PM
pessimistic optimist

See now, this is how you troll. Nice, polite, using complete grammatically correct sentences. Kudos to you sir!

Mods: Weapon R I Throttle, OE style lip spoiler, painted calipers, K&N drop in w/ resonator delete, Redline shift boot & armrest cover, Crosstour cluster, JDM style visors, retrofit headlights (morimoto h1 7.0) TL RSB well worth the wait
post #8 of 17 Old 04-25-2017, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I'm not trolling I'm serious. I just want my Honda to sound nice for cheap. Not too much like a ricer. And not too expensive either
post #9 of 17 Old 04-25-2017, 01:01 PM
pessimistic optimist

And you have been given excellent guidance in how to achieve that goal. Trading in a car for a more desireable car without spending any money is a pipe dream or a fools errand. These are the sort of questions usually asked by creatures that live under bridges. Though you may not be trolling, your questions so far are decidedly troll-like. I do still wish you luck, and for what its worth, i would stick with the Accord.

post #10 of 17 Old 04-25-2017, 01:11 PM
Your Maintenance Minder

Thanked 1,676 Times in 1,167 Posts
eBay makes some great mufflers, and they stand behind their products. I would buy the black one you have listed and mount it up. If they are sold out (there are only 121 remaining) then sell your Accord.
boring 08 EX likes this.
post #11 of 17 Old 04-25-2017, 01:15 PM
pessimistic optimist

And there i was taking the high road....

post #12 of 17 Old 04-26-2017, 06:39 AM
Out of Control

As someone who modded the exhaust system of a 98 V6 when I was young, you DO NOT want to do this. First of all, a 4 cylinder naturally aspirated engine Honda will never sound "NICE" because of the engine internals. It just buzzes with a higher pitch sound, it does not matter if you have a catback exhaust (CBE as the young-ans call them these days). In fact, you also lose a lot of low end power from a catback exhaust on the 4 cylinder. It does not matter if you just remove the exhaust silencer off the stock 1.75" piping either, or change out the exhaust tip. It will never sound as nice as a V6 engine. The choice of mufflers and exhaust component also dictate whether you'll get an annoying drone at certain RPM range. I had this ultra annoying drone on my catback exhaust system that gave me a headache on certain days, especially when it rained, it was loud and constant. I eventually took that damn thing off, chopped the big coffee cans and sold them on Ebay. I ended up putting back the OEM mid section exhaust pipe with just axle-back Comptech mufflers.

It's your car, just don't waste unnecessary money that does nothing on it.
enne likes this.

07 V6 AUTO Sedan
post #13 of 17 Old 04-26-2017, 08:45 AM
Runnin' in the 90s

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boring 08 EX View Post
You CAN get there from here. Do a search for J2 CBE or Cat back Exhaust in this forum and you will have your answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepman12 View Post
Thanks guys I'll check out those exhaust

Selene, 1999 Honda Accord LX Sedan, 2.3L F23A4, 136K, liquid wrapped jet black
Harlock, 1998 Chevy Camaro Coupe, 3.8L 3800-II, 120K, sebring silver
Dana, 2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sedan, 2.2 L 2200, 134K, sandrift metallic
post #14 of 17 Old 05-19-2017, 06:26 AM
1st Gear

Garage
I did this to my car before to, I have two burnt tip cans, looks rice but actually sound pretty decent for the price, had it for about a year, and after some time it look really rice to me, so i got rid of it, and got megan racing test pipe, rv6 jpipe and takeda catback, pricey, but sound nice, but it wasn't that loud.
post #15 of 17 Old 05-19-2017, 06:42 AM
6th Gear

Unless you have an engine from a s2000 and headers, you are waisting moola. Though I rather have a fart can sounding exhaust than a fart can smelling exhaust.

Certified 2009 EX-L Coupe - VCM - PMM
Paid $21,500 cash on 01/11

MPG: 22 City / 32 Hwy @ 75MPH
0w-20 cap
3.7L TL-SHAWD IM - Functional
65w H9 Lo & Fog / 80w HB3 Hi
Cargo hooks & net
Crosstour knob
Duralast Platinum 24F
I4 hood rod
MDX spacer & ported
Moded OEM CAI
Mobil 1 0w-20 & M1-110
NAPA #18514
Odyssey garnish - Flush fit
Painted splash guards
PXAMG & HDRT
Rear: Center Belt, head rests & ANC delete
Service Grade Electricals
Test Pipe
Window UP mod
Valvoline Type VI
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.