Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Is this the correct Takeda SRI?

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  White20146AT 
#1 ·
#3 ·
What is the difference between oiled and dry? Would going dry be okay??

Thanks for the reply!

#4 ·
I personally choose to stay away from oiled filters because of concerns regarding mass air flow sensors and oiled filters. I recently ordered mine, I went with the dry filter. I understand that the oil filter allows more airflow oiled filter is less restrictive, the oil is designed to catch dirt etc. The white/grey filter is a little more restrictive but you don't have the oil concerns. From what I gather we will not see much from either other than sound and throttle response increase on days that it is not 100+ degrees outside... my personal opinion is to make sure you get the dry filter and the pipe color doesn't matter, purely aesthetic. Don't go down the throttle spacer road, I was told it's a waste of money pretty quickly by people in this forum.

No problem for the reply, everyone on here has been really helpful to me too. I'm basically providing you the information other have provided me regarding the same question. Btw, autoplicity has the intake for 230 plus shipping, I paid 249 out the door. It will be here tomorrow according to FedEx. Throw down might price match, I hear they have great customer service.

This post has been deleted
#5 ·
huge thanks for helping me clear up my questions and also giving me a sale! haha, I would imagine it's guys like you who makes this forum great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.