Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Hud

5K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  JamieJam1AIM 
#1 ·
What are you thoughts on aftermarket HUD for the 8th gen accord.

I'm really starting to envy them on other cars and I think it'd make a good addition to the car if done correctly.

Also, where would one start to look at quality aftermarket HUD?

Thanks for lookin'.

#11 ·
WHAT? I dont have enough S__T YET? LMAO!!!!

#3 ·
Defi is the best HUD I can think of. Beyond them, I wouldn't really trust any other HUD systems.

#4 ·
Automotive HUD is very much a gimmick IMHO, makes sense in high workload and high stress environment such as in the c0ckpit of a fighter jet, but makes little or no sense in the automotive environment, otherwise big spenders like F1 or Inday teams would have had them already..........

The only exception is probably the Cadallac system a few years back that displays thermal imageary based night vision system that uses HUD technology to project the image on the windshield.

#8 ·
the nissan 240sx (s13) had them and I know the Pontiac Bonneville (sp?) had them too.

I saw the new Lexus commercials and that's where the envy sprung from. I've also seen them in the new BMW M5.

#10 ·
Old school Nissan Altima's had them too. It's convenient to not have to look at your speedo down low, but real-life aspect, no one really HAS to have it for a daily driver. It's just a neat feature to add on. :p

#13 ·
Having driven the Vette with one a few times, I can tell ya its kinda neat, but nothing I would consider a must have. If you are going for bragging rights, the Vette's is setup so only the driver can see it, the passengers can't. (not sure if aftermarkets are the same) So it will really come down to if you want it and how often you think you would actually use it.

Thats my humble 2 cents anyway.

#14 ·
It would be nice, I hate having to manually target my rocket launchers at Volvos who cruise at 54 in the passing lane. This would be a lot more convenient.

Seriously though, I had this on a previous ride and it was neat at first, but gets old quick. I guess I'm of the school of thought that I don't want ANYTHING in my forward view of the road. I'm even thinking of installing a monitor in the factory radio display place (currently nonfunctional) to permanently show a rear view camera display and removing the factory rear view mirror.

Maybe I'm just crazy. :paranoid:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.