Hello from Dubai !! - Page 4 - Drive Accord Honda Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #46 of 129 Old 04-10-2012, 02:06 PM
5th Gear

Best decent price? Do it yourself. You can find instructions that show you how to bake the headlights in the oven, pry the lenses from the headlight body. Then you can black house the headlight yourself. Seal them back up and re-install. Does that make sense?

I really like how your car is coming along.

1991 Honda Accord EX
The Following User Says Thank You to thegrouch For This Useful Post:
///M_Powerholic (09-02-2013)
Advertisement

post #47 of 129 Old 04-10-2012, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

I'm afraid of not getting it back in 1 piece

I'm trying to do those simple tiny mods, just in order to make the car look better, thanks for the kind words !

Inspired '07 Accord Sedan 2.4 i-Vtec
Inspire Hood | Inspire Grill ( Gloss Black ) | Inspire Headlights | Inspire Front Bumper | Inspire Modulo Front Lip | Inspire OEM Fog Lights | OEM Rear Trunk Lid Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | OEM EP3 Rims - Gold 17"x7 | Nitto INVO Tires 225/45/R17 | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Shadow Black Window Trim (Foiled) | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems
post #48 of 129 Old 04-12-2012, 08:52 PM
1st Gear

I like the red stripes, different, but I like it.

Here is a link for some projector headlights with black housings: http://www.carid.com/2007-honda-accord-headlights/
post #49 of 129 Old 04-12-2012, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methane Sensei View Post
I like the red stripes, different, but I like it.

Here is a link for some projector headlights with black housings: http://www.carid.com/2007-honda-accord-headlights/
That's the idea, want the car to be different.

Inspire Hood | Inspire Grill ( Gloss Black ) | Inspire Headlights | Inspire Front Bumper | Inspire Modulo Front Lip | Inspire OEM Fog Lights | OEM Rear Trunk Lid Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | OEM EP3 Rims - Gold 17"x7 | Nitto INVO Tires 225/45/R17 | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Shadow Black Window Trim (Foiled) | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems
post #50 of 129 Old 04-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Honda Racing Evolution

I would black out the OEM headlights vs getting aftermarket headlights!

"I live my life in the fast lane"

"Put your two cents in, and get a dollar back"
post #51 of 129 Old 04-14-2012, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Might get my hands on some used OEM headlights for cheap price soon !

Did a stupid mistake and bought "White" LED bulbs for the city lights... I HATE THEM, going back to OEMs ASAP !!

post #52 of 129 Old 04-15-2012, 03:10 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

After checking my gearbox oil, I noticed that it's smoked gold-ish color, so I decided to include it with the 105,000KMS service at the stealership. ( Car still under warranty )

They charged me for the gearbox oil labor 30 AED = 10$ USD, since I got them the Honda ATF oil.

After I took the car out, refueled it ( I always go with 98 Octane ), and added the Complete Fuel System cleaner, the car is very smooth, I can feel that difference in output AND no more of that sluggish feeling.

Just wanted to update my info.

post #53 of 129 Old 04-20-2012, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Took out the resonator, damn the car sounds alive, I know there's no power gain or anything related to power, but I love how it sounds now. ( will keep it )

But sometimes I smell some kind of smoke for few mins then it's gone, I don't floor it, I just do 3/4 the pedal IF I get excited.

And another thing, after removing the entire resonator, I left no pipe in there, since the resonator is a 1 piece with its pipes, the only remaining stuff now is the airbox with its lower gate and the rubber housing going downward, any ideas if that would harm ? can I take out the resonator pipes out ?

post #54 of 129 Old 04-26-2012, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Got my front lip ( Replica from a local shop ), will get it painted and installed today...

Let's see how it goes with the replicas...

post #55 of 129 Old 04-26-2012, 10:52 PM
Honda Racing Evolution

^post picz once done installing it

post #56 of 129 Old 04-27-2012, 02:27 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM49 View Post
^post picz once done installing it
On Saturday hopefully...

post #57 of 129 Old 04-28-2012, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear

Front lip installed !!!

LOVE IT !!

( Sorry for the crappy phone pictures )

Opinions ?
Attached Images

post #58 of 129 Old 04-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Honda Racing Evolution

Looks great!!! Just get it lowered?

The Following User Says Thank You to MM49 For This Useful Post:
///M_Powerholic (08-24-2013)
post #59 of 129 Old 04-30-2012, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear

^ That will have to waaiiiit for quite some time, since some of my family members also use the car until they get their own.

post #60 of 129 Old 05-04-2012, 03:09 AM
3rd Gear

I missed this thread somehow. Nice looking ride.
I'm based in Dubai as well and have the same color car.
Yours looks a lot better though
Would love to know where you got that front lip from and a shop who can do the dechroming of the window trim and grill.

2007 Accord 2.4lt A/T sedan
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.