Honda Oil Weight Chart - Page 2 - Drive Accord Honda Forums
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #16 of 27 Old 09-05-2015, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Old Bird...sometimes wise

Let me make sure I understand this.......the dealer put full synthetic 0W20 in your car and you are driving that distance to have it changed to 5W20? Is that correct?

cookieman214 and Michal like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to RTexasF For This Useful Post:
cookieman214 (09-06-2015)
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 Old 09-05-2015, 12:49 PM
6th Gear

Rich, you're wasting your time. I think both of us can read quite well. I would put it down as sort of "entertainment" that jerico40 would waste his time and money to remove oil that Honda recommends for his car. He'll probably have another rant about how he was wronged.

cookieman214 likes this.

2006 Accord Coupe silver V6 6-speed
2003 Accord Coupe silver V6 auto
The Following User Says Thank You to ypsibird For This Useful Post:
post #18 of 27 Old 09-05-2015, 07:58 PM
King of road noise

no babe the Honda manual states 5-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ypsibird View Post
Rich, you're wasting your time. I think both of us can read quite well. I would put it down as sort of "entertainment" that jerico40 would waste his time and money to remove oil that Honda recommends for his car. He'll probably have another rant about how he was wronged.
Everything worked out and the next oil change will be free. They acknowledged they made the mistake when I asked before they changed the oil for 5-20 weight. I got a free car wash too. So it was a good day.

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 4 auto

post #19 of 27 Old 09-06-2015, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Positively a Lost Cause, I give up.
cookieman214 likes this.
post #20 of 27 Old 09-06-2015, 05:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ypsibird View Post
Agreed...........and it's Rick by the way. Our time was wasted as well trying to explain.
“Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
cookieman214 likes this.
post #21 of 27 Old 09-06-2015, 06:31 AM
4th Gear

Rick, I have no doubt that he also changes the air in his tires to match the seasons. As football season has started, it will soon be time for him to drive 130 miles roundtrip to inflate his tires with "Fall" air.

Rick, I appreciate your knowledge.

2013 Sedan EX-L V6 with Nav, 6 speed Auto trans.
post #22 of 27 Old 09-06-2015, 06:36 AM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho40 View Post
Everything worked out and the next oil change will be free. They acknowledged they made the mistake when I asked before they changed the oil for 5-20 weight. I got a free car wash too. So it was a good day.
It's good to see that it worked out for you. Even though you seem to have issues with your dealer (get in line! ) it seems that they did what they should have by offering you a free oil change. After all you didn't get what was specified, even though the "incorrect" oil has been tested for your car by Honda and is also recommended. The chart in this thread came with a Honda ServiceNews article that you might not have seen since it was posted in a 7th gen thread.

https://www.heeltoeauto.com/files/pi...20oilappsH.jpg

There is also an updated Honda oil application chart that lists 5W-20 & 0W-20 as recommended for 2003 through 2010 Accords.

http://handa-accessories.com/hondaoilchart.jpg

Times change. You don't really expect Honda to print a new owners manual & issue you a new oil cap when they update their recommendations?

2006 Accord Coupe silver V6 6-speed
2003 Accord Coupe silver V6 auto
post #23 of 27 Old 09-13-2015, 01:30 PM
King of road noise

babe I think you have the words recommended and acceptable confused as in the oil weights. The oil in the chart that shows 0-20 is only acceptable meaning it will work if you do not have what is recommended. The recommended oil 5-20 is what is in the owners manual. Would you rather fly in a airplane built with parts that were acceptable or a plane with parts that were recommended? This maybe to far off for you to understand. The low weight oil is to get you that 1 mpg extra that might make you want to buy that new HONDA. And the 0-20 bulk oil comes in a oil tank truck that pumps it in the talk at the dealership and the pumped into your engine like a gas pump. I have my concerns about oil contamination from transferring the oil to the truck to deliver it and the transferring it to the dealership bulk tank and the if the oil pump is kept clean. I only had the oil changed there because of the tire road hazard warranty added because of the oil change. I had 2 rear tires get sidewall tire leaks because they are low profile. I would rather change my own oil because I like to fill up the oil filter before putting the new filter own. Remember recommended is better than acceptable. it is real simple. You should not want to just be an acceptable employee or person. If English is not your first language most communities have ESL English as a second language or advanced adult education.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieman214 View Post
Rick, I have no doubt that he also changes the air in his tires to match the seasons. As football season has started, it will soon be time for him to drive 130 miles roundtrip to inflate his tires with "Fall" air.

Rick, I appreciate your knowledge.
you got your wires crossed get back on subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
Let me make sure I understand this.......the dealer put full synthetic 0W20 in your car and you are driving that distance to have it changed to 5W20? Is that correct?
I never said they put synthetic oil, semi synthetic or regular oil in my car. So you spouting off that you have everything correct you state that I am getting full synthetic oil. Where did you get that information from? Can you just tell me that without the smart remarks that are childish? I just came here to talk about oil.

2010 Honda Accord EX-L 4 auto

Last edited by namegoeshere; 09-13-2015 at 01:45 PM.
post #24 of 27 Old 09-13-2015, 07:03 PM
Out of Control

I'm going to put 0w20 in my 05 accord (recommended 5w20) in a couple weeks when I change the oil.

*evil laugh* muahahahaha
post #25 of 27 Old 09-14-2015, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I never said they put synthetic oil, semi synthetic or regular oil in my car. So you spouting off that you have everything correct you state that I am getting full synthetic oil. Where did you get that information from? Can you just tell me that without the smart remarks that are childish? I just came here to talk about oil.
ALL 0W20 oil is synthetic or, in Honda's brand, a synthetic blend. 5W20 can be conventional, a blend, or full synthetic. You have a great deal to learn about oil, I suggest you start learning immediately rather than embarrassing yourself even further.
Do you really think the dealer poured individual quarts into your crankcase?
post #26 of 27 Old 12-05-2015, 12:56 PM
6th Gear

Garage
Here's an updated list, showing all fluids for 1999-2015 Hondas.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Honda recommended fluids.pdf (213.4 KB, 736 views)
ypsibird likes this.

2007 Accord SE sedan; I-4 automatic
post #27 of 27 Old 12-05-2015, 08:16 PM
Just Do It

everyone everyone calm down. Calm down and love pugs.

Current:
2015 Honda Accord EX Coupe i4 AT 19k miles
San Marino Red
Previous:
2013 Honda accord EX Coupe i4 16k miles
Modern Steel Metallic
2011 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 71k miles
Alabaster Silver
NJ, USA
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.