Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Whistling noise coming from front driver side wheel

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TomRock 
#1 ·
So today on the right home from work I had the window down and noticed a high pitched whistling noise that seemed to coming from the front driver side wheel.

The whistling would start soon after I would come off a light and just keep droning on.

As soon as I tap the brake pedal it stops right away, but would always come back again.

The car has 13,000 miles on it, if it's the front pad I thought they would have lasted longer... :dunno:

#2 ·
I had that on my old 96 Accord. I don't know if that's your problem but what had happened with mine was the ball joint (don't know the real name, you can picture it as a fist in your palm) that connects the wheel to the axle or whatever is out of lubrication and it's grinding against something.

But then again, on an 8th gen, I don't know if that's the problem.

#3 ·
Which model accord do you have? My gen VII had hubcaps and the hubcap has an inner tension spring. Sometimes due to cold weather/dryness/rusting it would "sing"/produce a high pitched noise. Also, check your brake fluid. Perhaps your brake pads are not disengaging fully and thereby the surface of the brake pad is touching the rotor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.