Is factory alarm STANDARD on the EX-L model??! Did I get ripped off? - Drive Accord Honda Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 70 Old 07-31-2010, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Angry Is factory alarm STANDARD on the EX-L model??! Did I get ripped off?

HELLO ALL

I am a chick happy with my new coupe

I just got the Honda accord coupe Ex-L 2010 a month ago...........its BEAUITFUL and have been reading up on the threads for weeks now and finally decided to join to put in my two cents and give feedback to you all too....

Here is my issue....i hope someone can answer my question...
Does the Accord coupe 08-10 models come with factory alarm. If not, does the Ex-L? Most importantly DID I GET RIPPED OFF??!

After settling on the price of the car, I said I wanted alarm. He said 799, then 699. So I paid 600 for the alarm to be activated. I know its quite a bit high.... I know I could have prob gotten it for cheap if I negotiated or stayed longer. The point is...I don't think it has shock sensors because I kicked my tires real hard and nothing happened, moved my car..nothing. So I emailed the guy who sold me the car and asked ( i knew it would prob be no) if i could get it refunded because at the time I felt pressured to just go with it. He said he cant refund it because its been activated then he said quote "The alarm has already been activated...no refunds. Factory alarm? I don't think so. All the Honda product comes with Alarms from the factory. The shock sensor upgrade you purchased also reimburses you up to $500 deductible if the car is broken into or stolen"

SO WHAT THE HELL DID I BUY? as far as I knew it, I said i wanted an alarm and he said 699. Is he saying that all honda's come with factory alarms and that I purchased the shock sensor upgrade??! (He never said that at the time of purchase at all!)

Someone please explain this to me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am confused and feeling tricked.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 Old 07-31-2010, 09:34 PM
Vtahk didnt kick in

Send a message via AIM to Gosha
First of all where the hell dd you get your car? second every car has standard alarm, there is NO WAY he could have hoocked up a shock sensor to the stock system. If you dont have another keyfob that means you dont have jack other than stock alarm. If you got it at a dealer then go and get your money back because the guy just ripped you off

2011 Accord Coupe EX-L V6/Navi PMM
post #3 of 70 Old 07-31-2010, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Seriously??!

I bought in Honda of El Cajon, California. I got a good deal online, and he prob thought he could get his commisions worth by sellling me the 'alarm'.

he told me that there was no alarm, and it just locks and unlocks. I said i wanted alarm. Thats when he said 799, then 699.

SO YOU ARE SAYING IT COMES STANDARD with alarm??!!!!!!!!! omg i am now very upset. He EVEN said no refunds.

Is there even such thing as adding a shock sensor to your purchase??!

He said that the alarm comes with a "electronic coded key" to stop the ignition if someone tries to start the car with another key other than that one. Does this 'electronic coded key' also come standard??!
post #4 of 70 Old 07-31-2010, 09:46 PM
Vtahk didnt kick in

No there is no such thing as a shock sensor (only on actual real alarms which take time to install, aka aftermarket), the guy just straight up lied to you. The stock alarm is open and close, and say you leave your windows open and lock the car. If someone tried to open the car by turning the button inside an alarm will go off.

The only alarms are made by other companies which i cant remember now, they will actually give you a keyfob. If you dont have any keyfobs or any paperwork on an alarm being installed then there is your problem.

That is some some shady shit the guy did to you. Go to the dealer and ask to speak with the main manager in charge because that ass should be fired and probably will.

post #5 of 70 Old 07-31-2010, 10:00 PM
2nd Gear

Unfortunately, once you sign the papers then the deal is done. The guy should be fired for being so shady. He basically straight up lied to you and I think those people should be burned. Anyway, like Gosha said, go talk to the manager in charge and complain. Also write a complaint letter to Honda headquarters concerning this unprofessional conduct by this salesperson. I can't believe people like that exist and just reading your story wants me to kick his ass.
post #6 of 70 Old 07-31-2010, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Angry oh hell no

I am going there tomorrow first thing when I wake up and going to get this settled.

I feel like I was tricked into this 'shock sensor upgrade" thing. thing is he never said 'oh the car comes with factory alarm, do you want to upgrade your security" no he just said its 699. On top of that when I was in the finance room, i asked the finance guy is my alarm activated yet? and instead of him going "its already on there" he goes "i will check, most come activated and if you choose not to buy it we take it out"

It dosnt matter where your from or what state you bought it right, a honda is a honda and it comes with the factory alarm.?

no, there was no other key fob or paper work. On my finance papers, i paid 699 for what is said to be "Theft Deterrent" I wonder if that is the 'shock sensor upgrade " they were talking about.

is the 1900 dollars I paid for extended warranty (6 years instead of 3 ) worth it? should i refund that???

First car buying experience=not so good now
post #7 of 70 Old 07-31-2010, 10:11 PM
2nd Gear

I usually say no to everything because Honda are very reliable. You are not going to have problems like other American cars, chevy and such. I don't know if you can ask a refund because you did sign the papers concerning that warranty, but you can requiest a refund for the alarm because it is something that was not installed. Basically, you have a valid argument to request your money back for the alarm because the service, being the "shock activated" alarm, was not installed.
post #8 of 70 Old 07-31-2010, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Sent email to guy saying i wanted ext. warranty refunded.... he replied with nasty email saying my friends are OBVIOUSLY not looking out for me because the warranty is worth it.

Thankfully i read in my service contract I have 60 days to return. I am going to do that tomorrow as well.
post #9 of 70 Old 07-31-2010, 10:31 PM
5th Gear

Send a message via AIM to desiboy5291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStar View Post
Sent email to guy saying i wanted ext. warranty refunded.... he replied with nasty email saying my friends are OBVIOUSLY not looking out for me because the warranty is worth it.

Thankfully i read in my service contract I have 60 days to return. I am going to do that tomorrow as well.
Dont mention friends or the forum telling you what to do. Just say you felt uncomfortable and pressured into purchasing these things you did not want and that if he would refund it that you would appreciate it. If he still acts like a d-bag speak to his manager and once again explain what happend... and like the other guy said... send a letter to Honda. I am sure they will compensate you in some way. If not, try a new dealership.

08 Accord LX-S Nighthawk Black Pearl

RetroSolutions 35W 6000k HID| 2 10" JL Audio Subs| Alpine 1000W Amp| 25% Tint All Around| LED Trunk Light|
LED Dome Light| LED License Plate Light| V-LEDs Type 2 Dual Color Changing Turn Signals| Weapon-R Intake
post #10 of 70 Old 07-31-2010, 11:25 PM
Vtahk didnt kick in

Finance room is where they get you, its the final step to getting the car, so even the main manger probably didnt know about it. Dont back down and tell them you want both things refunded, that seems to be the only way of getting through dealerships these days. Explain to them that factory alarm is, factory, there cannot be any shock sensor activations added to it. Tell them that there is no such thing as activating an alarm. Just put it this way, from what youre telling us EVERYTHING they told you about activations, alarms, sensors is BS and lie just so its clear and what you need to say. Good luck and let us know

post #11 of 70 Old 08-01-2010, 12:02 AM
6th Gear

Send a message via Yahoo to berg
why get extended warranty if your covered under bumper to bumper still?? that have double coverage for first 3 years.maybe if it started after the bumper to bumper was over that would be ok but you can always buy a warranty on your own after the bumper to bumper is over with.Yes turn off that extended warranty.If they give you any hassle like saying they are faxing the papers and no refund comes call honda corp hotline file a complaint and im sure the main manager will be calling your phone apologizing for the while situation ha ha ha ha i know i been there and done that

2007 Accord coupe EX i4 graphite pearl aka"Bonita"
64,2xx miles and PAID OFF! TITLE IN HAND
Magnafire AT Trans Filter
TL 17mm rear sway bar
V6 7th gen Front strut bar
Diode dynamics stage 2(white)
2005 accord chrome volume button

2010 Altima 3.5 SR Sedan Pearl White
24xxx Miles
Sport Package
Stillen Exhaust
Racingline y-pipe and RSB
Injen SRI
post #12 of 70 Old 08-01-2010, 12:08 AM
6th Gear

Send a message via Yahoo to berg
To get your warrenty refunded you have to bring the copy of the contract in and (let them photo copy the originals) and you need to sign cancellation paper and they fax it right in front of you to make sure.Sad I had to watch them fax it after 2 times they said they did already.They make money off these warranty thats why they get so mad when you refund them because they have to give it back also ha ha ha
Nissan dealership was so much more respectful they asked us once of we wanted the warranty and when we said no they didn't try to explain the cons and why we really need to get it.they left it at that.I know for a fact because i was in Skype with the wife while she was buying the car for me,LMFAO!!

2007 Accord coupe EX i4 graphite pearl aka"Bonita"
64,2xx miles and PAID OFF! TITLE IN HAND
Magnafire AT Trans Filter
TL 17mm rear sway bar
V6 7th gen Front strut bar
Diode dynamics stage 2(white)
2005 accord chrome volume button

2010 Altima 3.5 SR Sedan Pearl White
24xxx Miles
Sport Package
Stillen Exhaust
Racingline y-pipe and RSB
Injen SRI
post #13 of 70 Old 08-01-2010, 12:32 AM
out of control

One rule of thumb when trying to save money, NEVER EVER buy extended warranty. As far as I know, most of the time Honda as well as other dealerships always call BS on anything that could be covered under warranty.

My driver side window rolls down slower than my passenger window. I told a tech this and he said they both roll down at the same time to him. But when I used to the unroll window with key function, the driver side window was still up while the passenger was noticeably lower. The tech then told me it was common and they could not fix it. Seems to me he just didn't want to.

Research and research next time before you buy a car. Never feel pressured to buy "extras". It's your money, and as long as you make a reasonable offer (can be low too), then the dealers won't refuse it. Here's another tip, the best time to go to the dealership is at the end of the month.

2006 Accord Coupe V6 6MT w/Navigation

Previous:2007 Accord i4 5AT

My 7th Gen V6 6 Speed Build
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...344#post967344
post #14 of 70 Old 08-01-2010, 12:34 AM
out of control

and to answer your question, you got duped into buying an alarm system that already came on standard AND activated on your car. What that dealer did should be illegal (idk if it is). Email him and tell him you found out the alarm came standard and if he doesn't refund, then you will file a complaint to the manager and honda.

2006 Accord Coupe V6 6MT w/Navigation

Previous:2007 Accord i4 5AT

My 7th Gen V6 6 Speed Build
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/sh...344#post967344
post #15 of 70 Old 08-01-2010, 12:51 AM
3rd Gear

This is bad bad bad and why car dealers get a bad rep as a whole. Also, the warranty isn't a bad idea but $1900...wow. Search online and you can buy it for at least $1000 cheaper.

2010 EX Sedan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
factory alarm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.