Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

did my 96 ex come with keyless entry?

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Accord Inspire 
#1 ·
soo Ive owned the car for 2 months now. only recieved keys with it, no remotes. but if all 4 doors are unlocked and i lock the drivers door with the key, the other 3 automaticly lock with the drivers by power. is this a standard feature even for non power models? or does it infact meen theyre power locks and once had a remote? id like to pick up a remote and progam it but im not 100% sure if my car is equiped for it.

#4 ·
Hey, just so you know, I'm sure they don't come "standard" with remote.

I bought my 96 Accord I4 EX-L the same week they came out at my local dealer, and factory alarm was not standard. It is a dealer installed accessory. Or you can buy the accessory later and get the factory look with it. Just not every Accord comes with it.

However, every Accord did have power door locks, hence the turn once with key, it unlocks driver-side door, turn twice, unlocks all.

I ended up getting some aftermarket alarm for that car, as factory alarm was too pricy, and did less than the Code Alarm one I got.

If you need an alarm, I'd look for an aftermarket.

If you just need a key fob to lock and unlock, I don't think just finding a factory one will start to "lock & unlock" the door for you. You'll have to check. But I think my 96 at that time, would need at least something else under the hood for the key fob to work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.