Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Unorthodox Racing Pulleys @ THROWDOWN PERFORMANCE!

51K views 391 replies 33 participants last post by  Throwdown 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I do. UR doesn't advertise it on their website but does list the part as a 03-08 K24 part. I'm assuming that this would work on both but I can check.

Is it true that these can give you problems with the electrics later down the road? I'm sorry I dont have any specific info, but I remember reading something about this a loooong time ago.
I don't think it would give you problems, but what I think you are referring to is AC, etc. being underpowered. Typically this is not the case, but with a 4 cylinder you may wish to upgrade your battery as the i4 battery is already pretty weak (lots of 8th gen owners complaining of dimming headlights, etc. that is corrected with a better battery -- not sure if this was a problem for the 7th Gens as well). Other owners may be able to provide better perspective, but anyone I've spoken to who has this installed is very satisfied.

#7 ·
i got a question im no mechanic
what is this pulley system and what does it do

#8 ·
On Throwdown's site:

"THE ORIGINAL", the first of their kind in the sport compact aftermarket and our most popular crank pulleys. These crank pulleys increase performance by reducing the engines spinning weight and also because they underdrive all the accessories (a/c, alternator, p/s & w/p). We are very careful not to overdue the amount of underdrive for two main reasons. First, it is important to keep the alternator, air conditioning, power steering, and water pumps moving fast enough for every day driving. Second, not much horsepower is gained from extreme underdriving. We always keep our underdrive percentage under 20% allowing us to maintain factory specified outputs for the accessories. This care in design allows you to upgrade your stereo to a system of up to 600 watts (RMS) and not have any charging problems. The underdriving is done at the crank pulley, not the accessory pulleys. We do this to maximize the weight loss at the crank where most of the horsepower gains are realized. The underdrive version gives you 10-15% more power than the stock diameter version. Any of our accessory pulleys can be used in any combination with our underdrive pulleys or purchased as a setPulley Sets. So when you want the best don't settle go with "THE ORIGINAL". These pulleys are available only in polished finish.
-GT

#11 ·
Under the hood...you got enough on your plate already!!! (car related) :D

#17 ·
Is putting the UR pulley into the V6 engine easy or will someone need to take it someplace to have it done professionally?

#19 ·
Thx for your response bpearl. This might be a mod I'll do after suspension.

#20 ·
Yeah thanks Jorge. Again, depends on your level of mechanical skill. It's not that the part is incredibly difficult, but it's one of those things that require getting into some cramped spaces and if you mess up, is bad news for an engine. So if you've never installed before I'd recommend getting it done or having someone there with you who has done it before..

#21 ·
Mark, so what are some realistic gains in HP & Torque when upgrading our V6 pulleys, if you know the answer that is?

#22 ·
Doubt anyone's ever posted a before and/or after dyno for that question crea78!

#26 ·
That's a pretty decent gain and something you will actually feel. May have to consider getting this as a future mod.

#25 ·
lol. It's something i would do.. a before and After Dyno.. because 1-15 HP is hard to believe even that coming from UR itself.. i would have to question them..

** UR Pulley is very easy to installed/like any other pulley.. But you really need to know what your doing and also know your Bolt Tq Specs. Because it not to Tq Spec and something like a pulley started to Vibrate oo snap your in trouble. **

#28 ·
That would be great argus if you could do that for us potential buyers :)

#30 ·
Bro, I wish I could, but the nearest dyno to me is around 1430kms away! ;) In a city called Abu Dhabi, in a country called the UAE!

#32 ·
u said it man.. I'll find out how much they charge here but am pretty sure it'll be way over 50 dollars! ↲Yeah,like I said,it's located in another country,not even a city!i may be going there to get 2 new tires since all I could find was two Michelins here. Ifthey're cheap on the dyno, will definitely get it don, before and after for everyone's benefit.e

#35 ·
Holy moly!! That's prettttttyyyy close! j/k!

Haha yeah not far at all.

I'd love to see a dyno with these.
I'll see what I can do once I got the pulley here!

#36 ·
If someone does buy this pulley, is it recommended getting the belt as well which costs another $30?

#38 ·
u are ok to use the stock belt. Like Mark and others gate mentioned before, if u haven't done this before, leave the install to the pros, or reputed install places.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.