Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

BC Racing Coilovers - NOW Available for 8th Gen Accord!

75K views 597 replies 39 participants last post by  Nike213 
#1 ·
Throwdown Performance is proud to announce that BC Racing has just released the BR Series coilover for the 8th Generation Accord!!! We worked directly with BC Racing to demo fit their production set over the past month! :banana: For those unfamiliar with BC Racing, they are a well known manufacturer of quality coilovers! :thmsup:

BR Series: Monotube Damper for street and track use

The BR series coilovers use a large 46mm diameter piston in a 53mm diameter damper body to maximize oil capacity. As the damper unit operates the oil contained within heats up. The viscosity of oil changes as its temperature varies which can lead to changes in the damping characteristic of the unit.

BC Racing only uses special designed high quality oil with their coilovers that go the extra mile to maximize performance. This increases the capacity of the unit which increases the volume of oil contained which in turn reduces the peak temperature and so significantly improves damper performance.

How much? These coilovers are normally priced at $1,250... but we will be debuting the line at $999.99 SHIPPED in the Continental US! This deal will also be for BC Racing coilovers for both the 7th & 6th Generations!

Write-up currently linked to the DIY Section with full detailed instructions of install! Please contact us with any questions!

Due to a lot of requests for comparisons and reviews, I'll be attaching some to this thread! :notworthy:notworthy

BC Racing Review on 350Z

EK9 Review and Install

SRT4 - Some review with comparisons to Tein Flex's (step above Tein SS's) with links to other reviews

See less See more
#28 ·
Hmm...

What advantages and disadvantages would the BCs have compared to the Tein SS.

-GT

#30 ·
I wish I had the opportunity to put the Tein's next to the BC's... but I know by googling BC Racing reviews and my own positive experience that I have nothing but good to say.

As mystick6 said a while back BC > Tein, but again that's hugely biased on being fully adjustable.

I'm actually really shocked that more people aren't stepping up for the money to BC's over Megans, KSports, D2s. Megan's are such a great bang for the buck that I can't say anything bad against them, but for slightly more -- I personally love the BC's. BC's to me aren't competing in the entry level coilover class, they are competing more with the Tein -- and I like that for the price I just don't think they can be beat. They have been reviewed by people (STIs, Evo's, etc) who are tracking and beating on their cars much more than Accord drivers (for the most part) and with all the positive reviews, I feel I made the right decision.

#31 ·
I wish I had the opportunity to put the Tein's next to the BC's... but I know by googling BC Racing reviews and my own positive experience that I have nothing but good to say.

As mystick6 said a while back BC > Tein, but again that's hugely biased on being fully adjustable.

I'm actually really shocked that more people aren't stepping up for the money to BC's over Megans, KSports, D2s. Megan's are such a great bang for the buck that I can't say anything bad against them, but for slightly more -- I personally love the BC's.
I love em too but that's just because I'm going to go get em...I'll slam for the summer and raise for the winter. ><

#33 ·
Which would you pick for performance, though. I autocross, and as much as I don't want the coilovers competition-wise, my wheel gap is killing me (coilovers will bump me well out of my current, very competitive class), so I want the best performance I can buy.

I've also got the I4. Do the BCs work with the smaller engines like the Tein SS do? Also, what are the height adjustments, and dampening settings in comparison to the Teins?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm trying to get all my research in before purchasing.

-GT

#34 ·
Of course, that's what I'm here for lol. I wish there was more for Tein vs BC...

I think you'd be happy with either, but it's probably close. The BC's have a huge advantage in the fully adjustable department, but I know that isn't your main concern. I'm not fully sure on autox guidelines around bumping up and down classes.

I do know that from a lot of my research online, the BC Racing BR series are often compared to the Tein Flex's (not the SS's) which is a step above the SS.

#39 ·
The last thing we need around here is more annoying threads ... :dunno:

#36 ·
Hmm... This Review is swaying my opinion on the Tein SS. Maybe these are a better track-worthy option...

Signature Wish List updated.

-GT

#38 ·
Very nice find --- I forgot to mention that, but since you are one of the few on this forum who is actually auto-x and pushing your car to performance limits off of the street, you may want to also consider what spring rates you feel comfortable with. Most coilovers (Megans, BC's, etc.) can have different spring rates swapped in for more performance/racing applications.

#41 ·
haha yeah sticky'd might work, but then again you know how forums go... lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.