Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

USA Spec BT45-HON3

29K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  Pilk 
#1 ·
Alright, this is pretty exciting!!

I stumbled across USA Spec's Facebook page the other day and saw they had a teaser about the BT45-HON3.

After talking with them and getting some information, here's what they've got....

Coming out in later March. Will have BT and 3.5mm Aux in. No pricing yet. USB Charging (Charging only, no input). Better sound quality than the BT35. Answers calls. Text display. I think they said it'll change inputs like the BT35 when a call comes in, not sure.

I'm almost certain I'm going to purchase this. The only thing that was keeping me from the BT35 were the few reviews I read about poor sound quality. I also would've liked it to incorporate USB audio input. This kept me flip flopping between that and others on the market. I was planning on taking this in to get installed but may do it myself.

Any ideas on where I should put the USB Charging and Aux? I'm not even sure I'll use them, especially if I can run the USB Cable to behind the center console area, like back where the gas pedal is.

See less See more
#30 ·
Where did you end up mounting the box? I had mine mounted near the gas pedal and was getting static after a year or so of use. I took it all apart the other day and it finally went away.

That's a nice place for the mic. I mounted mine on the steering wheel column, mainly because I didn't want to deal with running the cable. Yours looks really clean.

#31 ·
Thanks.

In the top pic, the box is wrapped in foam and set just behind and to the left of the shifter.

#32 ·
Removed the center console again to snap a quick pic. Removed the light wrap of foam to discover there is a groove right behind the e-brake that the box fits perfectly in without moving around.

Attachments

#33 ·
I have the BT45-Hon3 installed in my 03 Accord EXL for a while now and i love it. Today my battery died and when i changed it everything worked fine except that the XM1 button doesn't appear on the top of the screen. When I search for the adapter on my iphone to connect via BT it doesn't connect as if it's turned off.

I'm trying to avoid taking the console apart to get to the box and disconnect/connect it to see if it comes back to life again. Any suggestions??

Thanks

#34 ·
Installed this unit in the trunk going directly into the XM receiver. Worked perfectly the first time. Clean and simple. No dash to tear into, etc. Worth the premium over the cheaper versions imo. I haven't ran the mic yet for BT calls but I just don't use the BT phone on my truck so I think I'll leave it alone in the Honda for now. Nice to have a stock HU that with 6CD, XM, BT without the hassle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.