Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Sticky AC button

10K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  MayhemMinx 
#1 ·
I ran a search and couldn't really find any other mention of this one - I noticed last night that the "recirculate" button on my AC sticks every time I press it. I've only had the car four days and I took delivery with 16 miles on it, so I can't imagine something already being spilled behind the buttons or anything - any advice on what to do to fix it? Also, should the light inside the starter button stay illuminated when the car is running? Thanks guys...

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum amd congrats on your new car. I don't know about the recirculate sticking. Does the button itself stick in the depressed possition or does it stick in the recirculate mode? I never looked to see if the start button is illuminated at night, but I don't think so. According to the owners manual the red light in the start button illuminates when you press the button with your foot off the brake pedal to indicate that the car is in the accessory mode, if you press on the brake and press the button the engine will start and the red light will extinguish while the engine is running.

#3 ·
Ahh okay...for some reason I was just thinking that the green light should be illuminated on the starter button while the car is running.

As for the AC - it is the physical button that gets stuck in the "depressed" state - the mode changes when it is pressed. I just have to lightly tap on it and the buttons around it to get it to pop back up. I don't really want to have to take it back to the dealer for something so simple lol.

#4 ·
Why not just cycle the button several times without power on the car. The button may just be tight because it's new. If that doesn't work the spring mechanism behind the button my be defective. Do the other ones work smoothly? I would take it to the dealer and have them repair or replace the entire heating and Airconditioning control panel.

Unfortunately, Honda doesn't manufacture every component on the car and the companies that supply those parts are usually the ones who are the lowest bidder.:lmao: Not a pleasant thought when riding in an airplane at 35,000 ft.

In this heat I run mine continuously in recirculate to get colder air and to keep out exhaust fumes in traffic.

#6 ·
Get those windows tinted...I even had the brow on the windshield done on mine. It helps, a lot (and being in Houston, OMG I would be melting)!!! Also, be aware of the tint issues with the dot matrix and the options because the tint does NOT stick :thumbsdow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.