Dashboard Buzz/Rattle - Drive Accord Honda Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 11-22-2013, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 152
Thanks: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Dashboard Buzz/Rattle

2014 Sport

Some kind of low frequency buzz or rattle coming from front right of cabin - could be in the glovebox area, could be passenger A pillar airbag cover which is also surprisingly loose (I can slide it up and down about half an inch), could be buried in the passenger side console. Difficult to tell.

Starting to get annoying, anyone had similar issues with an identified solution? Also heard some dealerships have devices able to identify the source of dashboard rattles - Internet folklore perhaps?

True automotive beauty is always stock.
Newton is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 11-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
 
karfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Capital District/Mohawk Valley of NY
Posts: 4,458
Thanks: 508
Thanked 809 Times in 566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton View Post
2014 Sport

Some kind of low frequency buzz or rattle coming from front right of cabin - could be in the glovebox area, could be passenger A pillar airbag cover which is also surprisingly loose (I can slide it up and down about half an inch), could be buried in the passenger side console. Difficult to tell.

Starting to get annoying, anyone had similar issues with an identified solution? Also heard some dealerships have devices able to identify the source of dashboard rattles - Internet folklore perhaps?
There was a thread not too long ago about a fuel line bracket in the engine compartment that could buzz like you describe. Maybe start there?

Jay

2013 Accord EX Sedan - 2.4L/Stick - Alabaster Silver
2013 Odyssey EX-L - 3.5L/5-Speed Auto - Taffeta White over Truffle
2008 Royal Star Venture - 1300cc - Very Dark Red/Black Metallic
karfreek is online now  
post #3 of 5 Old 11-22-2013, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 152
Thanks: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfreek View Post
There was a thread not too long ago about a fuel line bracket in the engine compartment that could buzz like you describe. Maybe start there?

Jay
Thanks - I'll check it out.

True automotive beauty is always stock.
Newton is offline  
post #4 of 5 Old 11-22-2013, 04:31 PM
5th Gear
 
TN9thSi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Nashvegas
Posts: 532
Thanks: 13
Thanked 59 Times in 50 Posts
Garage
Check the cover panel under the passenger-side dash. Mine was rattling. It's held in place near the firewall by pins with rubber isolators. The pin in the center of the panel had too much slack and was making noise. i simply pulled on the panel and the center pin popped under the hole, creating a wedge. I haven't hear it rattle since.

2013 Accord Coupe EX-L | CVT | WOP | Black/Ivory
TN9thSi is online now  
post #5 of 5 Old 11-22-2013, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 152
Thanks: 12
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN9thSi View Post
Check the cover panel under the passenger-side dash. Mine was rattling. It's held in place near the firewall by pins with rubber isolators. The pin in the center of the panel had too much slack and was making noise. i simply pulled on the panel and the center pin popped under the hole, creating a wedge. I haven't hear it rattle since.
That's the general area it seems to be coming from - I'll definitely check it, thanks.

True automotive beauty is always stock.
Newton is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome