Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

2016 Accord EX-L

Tags
2016 accord
10K views 52 replies 33 participants last post by  snarky 
#1 ·
While I was working a Honda, I noticed they brought in over 15 new accords so I took a few pics. Just wanted to show you all how it looks. It actually doesnt seem as bulky as the pictures released by Honda make it look like. Its pretty nice but not enough to want me to get it (except for that mid console, and tail lights)

Here are some EXT shots:

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I'll reserve my final judgement for when I see it in person, but the 2016 just isn't grabbing me like past Accord MMC's. I'll take the structural enhancements, tail lights, Android Auto, and even the new "plood" dash trim. They can keep the rest and shove that grille where the sun don't shine.

#7 ·
I still need to see the grille in person before making final judgement. In some pictures I love it but others I'm kind of ehhh about it. The interior though looks great and a nice upgrade over the current car. I'm so glad Honda changed the interface for HondaLink as the current version on Civic's is lackluster and slow. I really hate the volume adjuster on these screens too. You can never get it to work just right... what's wrong with a knob?

#10 ·
I looked at a few over the weekend. Personally, I think the grille and the wheels look pretty nice up close. Having said that, I prefer the grille on the 2013-2015 models. However, given that I only spend 1% of my time looking at the exterior of my car and 99% behind the wheel driving it, I'm more swayed by the upgraded infotainment system and tighter suspension, in addition to the Honda Sensing features. So I'll be getting a 2016 for sure.

#11 ·
It's growing on me for sure. I'll need to see one in person to really get a feel for it but really the only thing I'm not crazy about is the rear.

I really like the new grill - I'm glad they're not jumping on the BIG GIANT MOUTH GRILL bandwagon. Can't wait for the 10th gen in a few years!

Did you actually get to play with the new infotainment system? Did you get a chance to see the Nav? Wondering if they brought that out of the stone age :)

#15 ·
Just saw my first 2016 Accord on the highway it was white. Couldn't tell what trim it was it was headed the opposite direction. I almost whiplashed myself trying to look at it. Heading up to college hills honda right now to pick up mudguards so hopefully they have some 2016's i can look at.

#16 ·
I'd like to see one with the optional grille. To see what I mean, go to hondacars.com and build one and in exterior features, swap the grille to the optional one. Looks way better. And agree that those wheels are hideous. I would have to upgrade wheels even though I typically prefer to go stock. On this one though, I would have to make these two changes to make it palatable.

#17 ·
I'm at College Hills Honda and they have a couple black 2016's. The op took some nice pics so i just took a few more. Yes the wheels still look like crap even in person.

Attachments

#18 ·
Would love to see the led drl's in direct sunlight and the fogs too. From the reviews on Youtube, etc they don't seem anywhere near as bright as the 9th gen LED drl's and are a lot more directional with their output. Seems like 15-20 degrees off axis and they're not even visible, whereas the older ones are bright as hell at those angles

#20 ·
Got some pics with the headlights and fogs on while a guy was getting ready to move it. The pics are in direct sunlight and the lights are visible but barely. Last pic is brake lights applied.

Attachments

#19 ·
The grill looks better from dead on, but from the side it looks out of place.

Great pics... want to see one in white.

#23 ·
Overall, I like it but honestly feel no compunction to rush out and get one. It's not different enough to give me any buyers remorse over jumping on a 2015 end of model deal (in fact, local prices having me wishing I'd been patient enough to wait until this month as there are plenty of 2015s still around and prices seem to be dropping daily). And I'm also not sure how much I'd miss the volume knob - it's pretty handy being able to just blindly reach out and twist once when you want to mute things quickly. I think a lot of touch screen technology is actually backwards thinking as physical controls, once familiar, can be easily manipulated without taking your eyes from the road (especially since voice commands are still not fully useful yet, and steering wheel controls only partially help).

Still have yet to see a 2016 on the road, but then again 8th and 9th gen accords are a dime a dozen in the roads around me so you have to be keenly looking for any particular Accord. I suspect there are so few on the lots here simply because the first deliveries were long ago spoken for with confirming deposits.

#25 ·
I second that. Really like these BMW styled tails. Has anyone confirmed if we can swap onto the pre MMC 9th Gen?

#26 ·
Here is a white one.. but not a real photo.

Breakdown of the wheels.. i like the 18s:

#27 ·
Shady, savage..nice picts...tks.
I will NOT be replacing my '13 EXLV6 with a '16 with those hideous wheels, when my lease is up in a few months. The standard grille I could get used to it, but the wheels kill it for me. I do like the 19" wheels on the Sport and Touring, but the Touring is more car than I need right now. So, looks like a Sport is in my future.....

#44 ·
Yup, I do the same with all of my cars too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.