Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Clunking not fixed

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  ltmikepowell 
#1 ·
I have an intermittent single click/thunk on braking in my 2015 Honda Accord Coupe 4cyl.

Took it to the dealer but could not replicate clunk until AFTER I left the dealership.

Tech said it was ABS activating because it was a rainy day there.

Do all dealerships try to prove there is nothing wrong with your car and you have to prove something is?

It is a little surprising that a Honda is having problems at 2500 miles.

I guess I will just accept the clunk because I do not have time to fight the dealership over this.

#2 ·
This has been on previous threads from time to time...I have had this issue too and it ended up being a strut mounting nut was getting loose. You can simply tighten it back up and use a torque wrench and apply 35-40 ft-lb to properly torque it or bring it into the dealership so they can do it for you.

I brought my car to the dealership and told them the situation and suggested it was the strut mount. Once I got the car back the clunk noise was eliminated. Just a heads up, if you leave it as it is for some time and keep driving on it the noise will be more frequent every time you shift the weight of the car to the loosening strut mount when applying the brakes.

#6 ·
Keep in mind, the clunk/click you may be hearing is just from the front brake pads shifting when braking. The noise is present mostly when reversing, then braking and then driving forward and braking - the pads shift a little. Nothing to get worried about - it is normal.

#7 ·
I have an intermittent single click/thunk on braking in my 2015 Honda Accord Coupe 4cyl.

Took it to the dealer but could not replicate clunk until AFTER I left the dealership.

I guess I will just accept the clunk because I do not have time to fight the dealership over this.
+1...That's the spirit!

#8 ·
Do all dealerships try to prove there is nothing wrong with your car and you have to prove something is?

It is a little surprising that a Honda is having problems at 2500 miles.

Actually, it is in the dealer's best interest to find something wrong and repair it. If there is a legitimate problem that gets fixed, it doesn't cost the dealer anything- they get paid by Honda under warranty. If they are unable to locate a problem, they do not get paid anything.

#9 ·
Actually my 14' Accord use to make a thunk noise when turning, and I bring to the dealer, and they actually fix the problem for me under warranty without even reproduce the sound for them. Cause all I tell them is that when I'm turning at slow speed a thunk noise appear. In the service page they said that one of the nuts on the strut on passenger side did not torque correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.