Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Ordered a 2016 Honda Accord Touring MSM

7K views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  karfreek 
#1 ·
hi everyone, just joined the forum after ordering a 2016 Honda Accord Touring in Modern Steel Metallic. anticipating a mid-February delivery. probably have the front end protected w/ plastic film (driving in SE CT). checking out other owner's posts to glean more info about the car. happy holidays! :smile

#2 ·
Congrats on the new ride, enjoy it.

#3 ·
#7 ·
2016 in Lunar silver metallic

This is my 2016 Touring in Lunar silver metallic. I really love it. Since the picture I have put on mudflaps and body side moldings

Attachments

#16 ·
LSM Touring

This is my 2016 Touring in Lunar silver metallic. I really love it. Since the picture I have put on mudflaps and body side moldings
that is one sharp car! i chose a dealer-installed protection package that includes wheel locks, mud flaps, door edge guards, & all-season mats, as well as the body side moldings. as you know, these things are necessities in the Northeast. congrats on your car! :wink

#8 ·
Nice pics bud! lunar silver was my second choice:grin looks awesome. Let's see some pics with the side molding and mud flaps...

#10 · (Edited)
#13 ·
color choice

just like Ghostmonky, Lunar Silver Metallic was my 2nd color choice, but there are so many silver cars out there already. i know Modern Steel Metallic is also a popular choice among Honda owners, but i still would've chosen the gray over a black interior. have had black interiors for awhile now. black seems to hide dirt better, but it gets hot as hell in summer. i just think a light gray interior goes well with a dark grey exterior. do all Touring models have black carpet? i noticed another owner's Basque Pearl Red had black carpet and lower trim pieces. btw, i really appreciate everyone's enthusiasm on this forum, it is contagious!:grin

#17 ·
Totally agree. Lunar Silver looks similar to the Storm Silver on my 2009 Fit which I really liked. Lunar Silver is darker, more distinguished looking, and more appealing (to me) than the stark, aluminum look of Alabaster Silver.

To each his own, though, as there is no accounting for one's color preferences.

#20 ·
Msm or ***?

my dealer now has an Accord Touring in white orchid pearl, so i'm debating whether or not to give up my order for modern steel metallic. i'd be happy with either color, except for the nagging idea that the gray interior might hold up better than the ivory over time. a secondary factor is i don't want to give up the chance at getting .9% Honda financing that runs thru Jan. 4th (the Fed is supposed to raise interest rates this week, but only a 1/4 point from i what i hear). which color would you go with? thanks! :confused:

#21 ·
my dealer now has an Accord Touring in white orchid pearl, so i'm debating whether or not to give up my order for modern steel metallic. i'd be happy with either color, except for the nagging idea that the gray interior might hold up better than the ivory over time. a secondary factor is i don't want to give up the chance at getting .9% Honda financing that runs thru Jan. 4th (the Fed is supposed to raise interest rates this week, but only a 1/4 point from i what i hear). which color would you go with? thanks! :confused:
The *** hands down IMO..I've seen both in person and the *** really pops..I agree with u 1000% on the tan interior...the gray is light as well..I would get the white and tint the windows and call it a day..I've seen all of the exterior colors in person..and the *** and the lunar silver really look good especially with the 19 inch wheels..the black looks great also..but we all know how the black is a u know what to maintain...get the white my friend lol..good luck

#27 ·
After 12 years driving a black 2004 EX-V6 with an ivory interior I was really ready for something other than ivory. Of course I went for white orchid pearl - lol. Anyway, I cleaned the leather in the '04 regularly with a number of different top leather cleaners and conditioners. The drivers seat got more attention. After 12 years the driver and passenger seats appeared to be different shades of ivory. The driver seat looked a bit darker. Don't know if it was dirt that was never properly cleaned or just a patina from the conditioners. I don't want to make the same mistake with the new car so I'd love to hear recommendations on what products to use. I've even considered a seat cover but have investigated that option yet.

#28 ·

IMO this is the best you can buy. I've tried them all. (Ok, most. I stopped when I found this)

Jay

Reactions: TomFromMo
#29 ·
No matter what product you use on the leather, it has a vinyl coating on it, so don't waste your money on products that say it will preserve the leather. Get a good leather cleaner, a leather brush to scrub out the dirt, and just some 303 Aerospace for protection against the sun. The leather will crease, and get dirty, no matter how much you keep up with it. Its just wear and tear, so just keep them clean and protected.

#36 ·
*** It Is

read thru all your feedback and it seemed to be almost unanimous for the white orchid pearl. i went to the dealer's lot yesterday, which i had all to myself (dealer was closed), and compared the *** Touring to a MSM Sport. it does seem the *** looks a little sharper, so i called the dealer earlier today to switch. should be picking up the *** Touring this Fri. or Sat. really appreciate everyone's input, especially about how to take care of the interior. thanks again! :wink

#38 ·
read thru all your feedback and it seemed to be almost unanimous for the white orchid pearl. i went to the dealer's lot yesterday, which i had all to myself (dealer was closed), and compared the *** Touring to a MSM Sport. it does seem the *** looks a little sharper, so i called the dealer earlier today to switch. should be picking up the *** Touring this Fri. or Sat. really appreciate everyone's input, especially about how to take care of the interior. thanks again! :wink
Congrats!

Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.