FCW system failed - Drive Accord Honda Forums
 9Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 46 Old 02-21-2016, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
9th Gen
 
sub786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 296
Thanks: 6
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
FCW system failed

Folks. This morning I got FCW system failed warning and failed to start. I have 2015 V6 exl . This is first real issue happened to this car. It has just 11K miles on it . Tow was covered and going to drop to dealer today. Keep you posted

sub786 is offline  
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 46 Old 02-21-2016, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
9th Gen
 
sub786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 296
Thanks: 6
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
My baby is getting towed. The tow guy admired the car and said this is a cool car.

Attached Images
 
sub786 is offline  
post #3 of 46 Old 02-21-2016, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
9th Gen
 
sub786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 296
Thanks: 6
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Left at the honda service dept. They said it might be the relay. But they are checking and shall update
sub786 is offline  
post #4 of 46 Old 02-21-2016, 09:34 PM
3rd Gear
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Appalachia
Posts: 172
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 16 Posts
Woah! So, if the FCW fails, the car won't start?

If that's the case, then Honda is ridiculous. FCW is not an active system and does absolutely nothing (other than beep at you and flash a light on the dash). You can't even hear the beep if the radio is turned on. Kind of crappy of Honda to disable the engine from starting if it fails, since it doesn't actually do anything.

Please update with anything new. I'm interested to see what comes of this. Sorry about your ride, though.
newfmp3 likes this.
AccordULEV is offline  
post #5 of 46 Old 02-21-2016, 09:38 PM
5th Gear
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 559
Thanks: 14
Thanked 227 Times in 128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordULEV View Post
Woah! So, if the FCW fails, the car won't start?

If that's the case, then Honda is ridiculous. FCW is not an active system and does absolutely nothing (other than beep at you and flash a light on the dash). You can't even hear the beep if the radio is turned on. Kind of crappy of Honda to disable the engine from starting if it fails, since it doesn't actually do anything.

Please update with anything new. I'm interested to see what comes of this. Sorry about your ride, though.
Car starts just fine with the FCW fail. I was shooting the hardwiring tutorial video today and started the car without hooking up the lower dash controls and I got all sorts of error messages on the dash and FCW fail was one of them but the car started up just fine.
Jephu is offline  
post #6 of 46 Old 02-22-2016, 06:34 AM
Corvalis TTX
 
Markus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 5,134
Thanks: 118
Thanked 316 Times in 223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordULEV View Post
Woah! So, if the FCW fails, the car won't start?

If that's the case, then Honda is ridiculous. FCW is not an active system and does absolutely nothing (other than beep at you and flash a light on the dash). You can't even hear the beep if the radio is turned on. Kind of crappy of Honda to disable the engine from starting if it fails, since it doesn't actually do anything.

Please update with anything new. I'm interested to see what comes of this. Sorry about your ride, though.
My car started fine when I got this message. I suspect the OP has other, bigger, issues.

Mark
14 Accord Touring V6 sedan

2014 Audi S4 | 2016 Porsche GT3-RS | 08 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 | 2012 Cessna 400 Corvalis TTX

Gone but not forgotten :97 Jaguar XJ6 | 95 Ford Taurus SHO | 77 MGB
Markus is offline  
post #7 of 46 Old 02-22-2016, 07:03 AM
6th Gear
 
14v6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Capital District, NY
Posts: 1,862
Thanks: 122
Thanked 149 Times in 131 Posts
Hopefully, it was something simple like a battery. Curious if you made any modifications to the electrical system.
14v6 is offline  
post #8 of 46 Old 02-22-2016, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
9th Gen
 
sub786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 296
Thanks: 6
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
No engine or electrical system modification. I did cosmetic which includes body skirts and roof vinyl. Hope that is the reason for the issue . I spent 4+ hours on internet on FCW issues. It was quite scary. Since first 9th gen was launched FCW has been center of discussion . It range from minor issue like just warning to the nightmare issue like I had yesterday. Even if it is a blown fuse it is worry able as the reason for the blown fuse is some electrical issue which can be inform of short circuit to device mal function to transmission . One guy ended up replacing the whole new transmission and other some connector and cables. Also on line I found that once it starts to give issue there are two option owner should think off one start thinking about selling it or ask for extended warranty. One owner was able to get 100K miles extended warranty. which I will also go for it first . If not then I will start thinking about other options as this FCW issue will come in some other forms . I am really disappointed by V6exl. Shall update as soon as I get news
sub786 is offline  
post #9 of 46 Old 02-22-2016, 08:40 AM
frainc
 
frainc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 415
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub786 View Post
No engine or electrical system modification. I did cosmetic which includes body skirts and roof vinyl. Hope that is the reason for the issue . I spent 4+ hours on internet on FCW issues. It was quite scary. Since first 9th gen was launched FCW has been center of discussion . It range from minor issue like just warning to the nightmare issue like I had yesterday. Even if it is a blown fuse it is worry able as the reason for the blown fuse is some electrical issue which can be inform of short circuit to device mal function to transmission . One guy ended up replacing the whole new transmission and other some connector and cables. Also on line I found that once it starts to give issue there are two option owner should think off one start thinking about selling it or ask for extended warranty. One owner was able to get 100K miles extended warranty. which I will also go for it first . If not then I will start thinking about other options as this FCW issue will come in some other forms . I am really disappointed by V6exl. Shall update as soon as I get news
So your disappointed by the car. It's your first real problem so let the dealer fix it and then enjoy the car. Don't understand when people have a problem they either disappointed or will say its the last time I'm buying a Honda.

Hell I had my tranny replaced on a 2002 TL - Type S, so shit happens at times to all car makers.
CDsDontBurn likes this.

2015 Accord Coupe EX-L V6
frainc is online now  
post #10 of 46 Old 02-22-2016, 08:50 AM
6th Gear
 
johnjohn15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,770
Thanks: 553
Thanked 67 Times in 58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub786 View Post
Folks. This morning I got FCW system failed warning and failed to start. I have 2015 V6 exl . This is first real issue happened to this car. It has just 11K miles on it . Tow was covered and going to drop to dealer today. Keep you posted

Hope you're not paying for the tow service? Honda offer free roadside assistance.
johnjohn15 is online now  
post #11 of 46 Old 02-22-2016, 08:56 AM
Out of Control
 
greg1c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Hotlanta
Posts: 2,060
Thanks: 26
Thanked 338 Times in 292 Posts
The FCW system looks at the status of the other systems, so I believe some other issue caused the vehicle not to start and the FCW system showed failure because of that. I doubt seriously an FCW failure could cause a no start issue. The FCW issue is just a symptom of a bigger issue.
08EX-L and Victor_361 like this.

Current Honda vehicles
2005 Acura TSX Auto @200k miles - My Daily Driver
2013 Accord EX-L I4 Auto 41,000 miles Black Pearl - Wife's car
2001 Acura MDX Still running strong @218k
2013 FIT Sport Auto Daughters car miles (Grover)
Former Honda Vehicles
1991 Accord LX auto sold to niece @185k miles
1995 GSR sold @220k miles
1991 Civic SI Crushed by a tree during a tornado 1997
1989 Prelude SI sold to my brother @44k miles
1986 Civic 5 speed sold to my Sister @165k miles
greg1c is online now  
post #12 of 46 Old 02-22-2016, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
9th Gen
 
sub786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 296
Thanks: 6
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Update: They can not still find what caused it. Still they can not access the car computer brain He said they fixed some minor issues. Now they are checking door bulbs which I replaced with LEDs . Looks like Honda computer locked itself down do not want any one to access it . Still they can not start the car. I love this technology...
sub786 is offline  
post #13 of 46 Old 02-22-2016, 03:35 PM
Corvalis TTX
 
Markus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 5,134
Thanks: 118
Thanked 316 Times in 223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub786 View Post
Update: They can not still find what caused it. Still they can not access the car computer brain He said they fixed some minor issues. Now they are checking door bulbs which I replaced with LEDs . Looks like Honda computer locked itself down do not want any one to access it . Still they can not start the car. I love this technology...
The return of HAL?

Mark
14 Accord Touring V6 sedan

2014 Audi S4 | 2016 Porsche GT3-RS | 08 Accord Sedan EX-L V6 | 2012 Cessna 400 Corvalis TTX

Gone but not forgotten :97 Jaguar XJ6 | 95 Ford Taurus SHO | 77 MGB
Markus is offline  
post #14 of 46 Old 02-22-2016, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
9th Gen
 
sub786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 296
Thanks: 6
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg1c View Post
The FCW system looks at the status of the other systems, so I believe some other issue caused the vehicle not to start and the FCW system showed failure because of that. I doubt seriously an FCW failure could cause a no start issue. The FCW issue is just a symptom of a bigger issue.
Agree !
sub786 is offline  
post #15 of 46 Old 02-22-2016, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
9th Gen
 
sub786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 296
Thanks: 6
Thanked 20 Times in 20 Posts
spoke to the service guy they took me inside . They showed me the work in progress . But still no news on why it stop working. They were checking each led bulb and camerecorder wiring which turn out to be good. He said he will call honda main support . They said it is a very unique case and have never seen this. Still no access to computer . He showed me their computer which was hooked to the car and they are checking each and every module in this car. My concern is not the time my concern is that it should be covered under warranty . Otherwise I am sc****

sub786 is offline  
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome