Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Cannot Decide Between Deck Lip Spoiler and Wing Spoiler :(

7K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  alphaQ 
#1 ·
It is a 2015 exl v6 sedan... I cannot decide if I want to get the deck lip spoiler or wing spoiler installed... ($360 and $525) plus tax respectively. I do not know which the vehicle looks best with... anyone who has either please chime in!

Thanks

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
My vote is Wing Spoiler.

Jay

*rolleyes* Coming from a guy that was probably not alive in 1990...

Considering every soccer mom here has a Jeep GC with factory black rims I say that black rims are passé.

BTW, your black rims in your avitar look like you lost your hubcaps and could not afford new ones...

And your Honda bug deflector looks just like the one the retired guy down the street has on his 2014 EX-L.

But, hey. That's just my opinion.

Jay

#6 ·
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/8...3-wing-decklid-spoiler-2016-accord-sedan.html

For something that's supposedly passe, there are plenty of new model vehicles with wing spoilers all over the place.

Modding your car the way you like is hardly ever passe. Might as well tell anyone who mods their car not to do it because it's supposedly so 90s. Modding and accessorizing your vehicle to your taste is part of the fun of owning it.

#9 ·
neither makes any sense on a FWD car IMO.

#11 ·
Lip is easily the better looking option, IMO. I've never liked wing style spoilers on Accords.

#16 ·
Deck lid spoiler FTW.

Attachments

#19 ·
I've got a 14 Sport,mine obviously has the deck lid spoiler.I like it everyone has their own opinion.
With that being said you can buy a non OEM spoiler on EBAY color matched from $88 shipped and up http://www.ebay.com/itm/Painted-OE-...ash=item3f5d202f02:g:bqEAAOSwCQNWcSlz&vxp=mtr
It's double sided 3M sticky tape,hard to mess up installation.Warm spoiler in car or in sun,this will warm it and tape up making it easier to install.Clean paint with rubbing alcohol,line it up,peel back tape.10 minutes prep time,5 minutes install.
Save yourself $250+ by doing it yourself.Worst case scenario if you don't line it up right the first time you're out $6 for some more 3M tape at Autozone/NAPA/Carquest etc.
If you're concerned about EBAY you can buy genuine spoiler from Collegehillshonda.com or any Honda dealer.

#23 ·
Hey, there ain't no shame in rollin' on steelies!

Around here the hot things are blacked out emblems/wheels/chrome trim (ie one coat of plasti dip spray they bought at Home Depot that'll never come off), those new colored bug deflectors instead of plain black, and Bernie Sanders bumper stickers.

These are all on cars such as the Nissan Altima and Sentra, Honda CR-V and Civic, Toyota Camry and Prius, Hyundai Accent and Elantra, and practically every SUV on the road, especially Jeep and Chevy...

Reactions: alphaQ and Catfisha
#25 ·
Duckbill

Check spoiler king

Attachments

#26 ·
#30 ·
Got mine on eBay. US seller so it was $99 shipped. Came with a roll of 3M tape and hardware for bolting. I decided just to use the 3M tape which is fine. Enough to cover all the edges of the spoiler. The trunk is a little heavier when opening but not a problem. I believe college hills gives you a new trunk spring.

#32 ·
第9世代;5289474 said:
I noticed you removed the emblems on the trunk lid. Do they have any alignment holes?
None. The emblems are just held on by double adhesive tape. I just used a blow dryer and some dental floss to remove them. The H is the one with alignment holes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.