2017 Accord sport SE lease offer- is this a good deal? - Drive Accord Honda Forums
 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 38 Old 10-15-2016, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
My First Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2017 Accord sport SE lease offer- is this a good deal?

Hi,

Just visited a dealership today and received the following lease offer for the 2017 Accord sport SE- $1534 down: this includes new plates, first month payment, All fees (tax, acquisition cost, etc). and 254 monthly payment for 35 months thereafter. 12k / 36 months.

Is this a good deal ? Based on my research and what I've been calculating, it seems to be pretty reasonable. Would like some other people's opinions, thanks !

Accordlover91 is offline  
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 38 Old 10-16-2016, 02:14 AM
Reverse Gear
 
BenzAccord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 697
Thanks: 62
Thanked 47 Times in 42 Posts
I would bet that with a similar down payment, you might find a better deal by $10-$15 a month if you found a dealer who is very motivated. But the time and effort to obtain such a deal may not be worth it. With that said, I think it's a good deal. What's your location/tax rate ?


2007 Accord LX-SE 4d 5spd MT Graphite Pearl (was his, now son's)
2015 Accord EX-L V6 4d AT Crystal Black Pearl/Ivory (His)
2015 Accord EX-L V6 4d AT White Orchid Pearl/Ivory (Hers)


Previous Rides
1993 Buick Regal 3.8
1992 Acura Legend LS 4D 5MT
1992 Nissan Maxima SE 4AT
1986 Nissan Maxima SE 5MT
1981 Saab 900 Turbo 4D 3AT "The money pit" $5K+ in repairs in 2 years
1976 Volvo 242DL 3AT "The Vault"
1976 Toyota Corona 4D 3AT "The Oven" black vinyl interior and no A/C
BenzAccord is offline  
post #3 of 38 Old 10-16-2016, 08:21 AM
Uptown Rooter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,815
Thanks: 282
Thanked 140 Times in 135 Posts
Don't ask us if it's a good deal. Find out for yourself. You'd be paying $10,424 for the full lease. Shop the deal at other dealers!!!! Take this figure to other dealers, ask them to beat it. Then make an offer -- not on the monthly payment, but the total lease cost. 'I like the car and I'll offer you $9,500 total.' Of course they'll laugh at you. THEN WALK. I will bet you 10 beers right now they'll call you back with a counter offer. You're letting them drive the deal. Get out in front of that and drive the deal yourself!
maxpower02 likes this.

________________
2009 EXL V6 Sedan
Royal Blue
35% tint
OEM fogs / 22mm Progress RSB / Ultra Racing FSB / Koni FSDs / Modulo grille / debadged trunk /


Previous cars: 2003 EXL V6 Accord Coupe
1995 Accord EX Sedan
1985 Mercedes 300 Turbodiesel
1989 Volvo S90 Turbo
slimm1469 is offline  
 
post #4 of 38 Old 10-16-2016, 08:55 AM
Moderator
 
SatinSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,323
Thanks: 38
Thanked 106 Times in 66 Posts
The dealer here has a zero due at signing lease for $239 on a 2016 Accord Sport automatic plus tax, title, tags.

Ganley Honda Web Specials & Current Lease Offers

If they didn't have a zero due special then the max I would pay at signing would be the tax, title and tags which would be around $800. You should also be able to calculate the monthly payment on your own. Just do a google search and become familiar with all the leasing terminology. If you become educated on it then they'll be less likely to hose you most likely. But I still wouldn't put anything by them.
SatinSilver is offline  
post #5 of 38 Old 10-16-2016, 11:11 AM
6th Gear
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,316
Thanks: 144
Thanked 92 Times in 81 Posts
programs are different in different parts of the country. Where do live?
CheezyPoofs is offline  
post #6 of 38 Old 10-17-2016, 09:25 AM
5th Gear
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 649
Thanks: 50
Thanked 52 Times in 47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm1469 View Post
Don't ask us if it's a good deal. Find out for yourself. You'd be paying $10,424 for the full lease. Shop the deal at other dealers!!!! Take this figure to other dealers, ask them to beat it. Then make an offer -- not on the monthly payment, but the total lease cost. 'I like the car and I'll offer you $9,500 total.' Of course they'll laugh at you. THEN WALK. I will bet you 10 beers right now they'll call you back with a counter offer. You're letting them drive the deal. Get out in front of that and drive the deal yourself!
EXACTLY..You don't know how many people I tell them the same thing.....negotiate on the full lease amount, not the monthly payment. That way, you can see very quickly if they add some miscellaneous fee in the final lease numbers... I did exactly that...we agreed on a number for the total amount out of pocket for my '16 Sport, sure enough, they were $900 higher, AND..they swore the numbers were correct. I got up and said they were wrong, and was leaving, they said wait..we will rerun the numbers...came back $900 less...lol. If I hadn't worked it out as a total payment, I might not of caught it.
slimm1469 likes this.

2016 Accord Sedan Sport CVT Lunar Silver/Black
2013 Accord Sedan EXLV6 Navi/Basque Red Pearl II/Ivory (Lease Return)
2003 Accord Sedan EXLV6 Graphite Pearl/Gray (Sold)
maxpower02 is offline  
post #7 of 38 Old 10-17-2016, 09:47 AM
Uptown Rooter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,815
Thanks: 282
Thanked 140 Times in 135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower02 View Post
EXACTLY..You don't know how many people I tell them the same thing.....negotiate on the full lease amount, not the monthly payment. That way, you can see very quickly if they add some miscellaneous fee in the final lease numbers... I did exactly that...we agreed on a number for the total amount out of pocket for my '16 Sport, sure enough, they were $900 higher, AND..they swore the numbers were correct. I got up and said they were wrong, and was leaving, they said wait..we will rerun the numbers...came back $900 less...lol. If I hadn't worked it out as a total payment, I might not of caught it.
Good catch!! You have to play hardball with dealers (I used to be one)! Oh, and never pay the transportation fee, that's just the dealer's cost of doing business, laying it off on you.
KW2004Accord likes this.

________________
2009 EXL V6 Sedan
Royal Blue
35% tint
OEM fogs / 22mm Progress RSB / Ultra Racing FSB / Koni FSDs / Modulo grille / debadged trunk /


Previous cars: 2003 EXL V6 Accord Coupe
1995 Accord EX Sedan
1985 Mercedes 300 Turbodiesel
1989 Volvo S90 Turbo
slimm1469 is offline  
post #8 of 38 Old 10-17-2016, 09:56 AM
Your Maintenance Minder
 
RickBlaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Skokie, IL (next to Chicago)
Posts: 7,744
Thanks: 2,283
Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,151 Posts
"We don't negotiate with terrorists!" - Les Grossman, Tropic Thunder

In your native country of Belize, this is a very good deal for someone with your credit rating and for a dealer to offer knowing they only receive 51 Accords a year to sell or lease.

2005 Accord EX-L
2-door Coupe
PZEV emission vehicle (!)
4-cylinder, Automatic Transmission
Acura RSX wheels & 215/55R 16 Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires
135k miles (as of March '17)
RickBlaine is online now  
post #9 of 38 Old 10-20-2016, 12:34 PM
6th Gear
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,316
Thanks: 144
Thanked 92 Times in 81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm1469 View Post
Good catch!! You have to play hardball with dealers (I used to be one)! Oh, and never pay the transportation fee, that's just the dealer's cost of doing business, laying it off on you.


I guess you didn't last long in the business. Don't pay the transportation fee? Go ahead, let us know how it works out for you.
CheezyPoofs is offline  
post #10 of 38 Old 10-20-2016, 05:26 PM
6th Gear
 
mtts60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Montana, USA
Posts: 1,449
Thanks: 10
Thanked 166 Times in 147 Posts
Garage
Also find out how much you'll pay if you exceed the yearly mileage limit.

2007 Accord SE sedan; I-4 automatic
mtts60 is offline  
post #11 of 38 Old 10-21-2016, 10:26 AM
5th Gear
 
GreenandGold831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 699
Thanks: 6
Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezyPoofs View Post
I guess you didn't last long in the business. Don't pay the transportation fee? Go ahead, let us know how it works out for you.
Next thing you know they will start asking for the dealer hold back
CheezyPoofs likes this.

2016 Accord Sport
GreenandGold831 is offline  
post #12 of 38 Old 10-27-2016, 10:31 AM
6th Gear
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,316
Thanks: 144
Thanked 92 Times in 81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenandGold831 View Post
Next thing you know they will start asking for the dealer hold back
That already happens daily!
CheezyPoofs is offline  
post #13 of 38 Old 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
2014 Accord EX 6MT
 
h2oskikrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 45
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Garage
Never pay money down on a lease. It doesn't make good business sense. It's like paying some of your rent up front. It's better to take a slightly higher payment than to give them money up front. It's like throwing $ in the wind. It's better to accept a slightly higher lease payment than to pay up front. If you are required to pay $ up front, you are better off making a down payment and financing it at a low rate. The whole object of a lease is to be able to rent the car as cheaply as possible and walk away at the end without obligation. I have not leased a vehicle recently because I have not found an attractive rate. I have leased vehicles - a Lexus GX470 most recent- by paying the dealer $24.00 and walking out the door with the keys.
maxpower02 likes this.
h2oskikrazy is offline  
post #14 of 38 Old 10-28-2016, 09:15 AM
5th Gear
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 649
Thanks: 50
Thanked 52 Times in 47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskikrazy View Post
Never pay money down on a lease. It doesn't make good business sense. It's like paying some of your rent up front. It's better to take a slightly higher payment than to give them money up front. It's like throwing $ in the wind. It's better to accept a slightly higher lease payment than to pay up front. If you are required to pay $ up front, you are better off making a down payment and financing it at a low rate. The whole object of a lease is to be able to rent the car as cheaply as possible and walk away at the end without obligation. I have not leased a vehicle recently because I have not found an attractive rate. I have leased vehicles - a Lexus GX470 most recent- by paying the dealer $24.00 and walking out the door with the keys.
Correct.....
Never pay cap cost reduction... That is the main tool for salesman.....You want $250 a month..sure..just give me a $2,500 + all fees and you can get that monthly amount.....What people don't know is, you are really paying a heck of a lot more, if you spread the entire amount out of pocket over the monthly payments of the lease. Also, the cap cost reduction ( down payment) is not covered by insurance if the car is totaled. Another thing, people take 37, 39 month leases, your bumper to bumper covers 36 months. If the car has major issues in the months after 36, you could be responsible for repairs on a car you do not own...

2016 Accord Sedan Sport CVT Lunar Silver/Black
2013 Accord Sedan EXLV6 Navi/Basque Red Pearl II/Ivory (Lease Return)
2003 Accord Sedan EXLV6 Graphite Pearl/Gray (Sold)
maxpower02 is offline  
post #15 of 38 Old 04-15-2017, 07:18 PM
1st Gear
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2017 Accord SE lease

Just signed up for the site and first-time leaser. Looking for a 2017 Accord SE with 36 months and 15k miles. Live in Los Angeles (91406). Just curious on price and payment. Perhaps a decent final sales price or MF and residual would help. Sales price of one I've seen recently was $25,090 with zero down and $426 a month. Includes gps $895, pro pack $545, and vtr of $399. The residual value was $15,498 with no other details. I don't need the extras and the payment is obviously way higher than expected. I think it should be around $300 per month, but I'm open to any help.

I apologize if I've posted this in the incorrect forum.

Thanks in advance.

BonesXJR is offline  
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome