'16 Accord- Debris in Paint - Drive Accord Honda Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 01-10-2017, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

'16 Accord- Debris in Paint

Hello All,
First time poster here. While its not an ideal first post, I wanted to share the experience I have had with my Accord EX-L V6 that I purchased in August of the past year.

I was pretty excited when I picked up my new Orchid White Pearl Accord and didn't spend as much time as I should have in looking the vehicle over pre-purchased. Once I had my new car at home I noticed something wrong with the paint when giving its' first wash. Upon looking at the paint, I noticed paint was flaking/bubbling in the rear driver's side door jamb and in between the drivers/passenger doors. I immediately notified my sales representative who informed me that I need to call service. This prompted me to really look the car over and I found paint flaws on nearly every panel on the vehicle. The car is covered in contaminants under the paint all over.

Has anyone else seen this same issue? Honda is dismissing this and it is distressing to have spent this much on a car with such terrible paint. I've been engaged with Honda Customer Care, and the Honda regional service manager without much in the way of resolution. Honda noted that there really is no chance that the paint will be corrected after their first repainting attempt did not turn out too well.

Selected photos of some of the issues included.

Thanks for any and all feedback from other owners.

Attached Images

Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-10-2017, 10:07 AM
2015 Accord Touring I4

I have one instance of debris caught in the paint on my WOP car, rear corner window on the passenger side. I should have noticed it during the initial PDI but I didn't I would never want my car repainted to "repair" such a small flaw. I would ignore it.. it will only make things worse if they repaint it... especially white.

Have it documented and if it starts to rust or get worse before your warranty is up..then go through the corrosion warranty. Sucks I know.. but you gotta notice these things before you take possession... kinda like how my transmission was leaking fluid... too bad I didn't notice before I owned the car.

2015 Honda Accord Sedan Touring NAVI I4 CVT White Orchard Pearl
2011 Toyota Venza Premium V6 AWD 6AT Blizzard Pearl
2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
2005 Acura TSX I4 5AT Premium White Pearl (Sold)
2002 Honda Civic Coupe SiG Veloz I4 5MT Nighthawk Black Pearl (Traded)
post #3 of 7 Old 01-10-2017, 10:12 AM
Your Maintenance Minder

Thanked 1,685 Times in 1,175 Posts
Is that first picture from a 2016 Accord? I am trying to figure out that tail light angle? Is that a coupe or sedan?

post #4 of 7 Old 01-10-2017, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Hi Rick,
It is a '16 sedan. Here are extra shots for a bit for reference. The gap between the 1/4 panel and the taillight is sizable and it throws me off at first.
Attached Images

post #5 of 7 Old 01-10-2017, 10:53 AM
4th Gear

Some cars are also damaged in the lot and repaired. The day I went in to pickup my new car I was told that when it was being backed out of the prep area it was hit by another car. I was asked to pick another car and had to wait an extra day.

I've seen new cars with new car stickers on them at a body shop near me.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-10-2017, 11:25 AM
Your Maintenance Minder

Thanked 1,685 Times in 1,175 Posts
OK, the tail light "rub" issue is well known on these forums. The tail light assemblies have to fitted "just so" otherwise they will rub off the paint on the housing surrounding the tail lights. You can search for multiple threads on this- most have had good luck in the repairs and subsequent fitment, but there are a few here who thought the dealer screwed up the fix.

As for the other imperfections, those are clearly imperfections- either at the factory or by an unprofessional repair. The important thing is of course to first document this- which is what you did. Escalating this up to a regional representative, is, sadly, probably what will resolve the issue.

The second picture in your first post (is that the door sill?) is glaring. The others could be "rail rust" (Google this). There were a few members here who ended up with the regional rep at the body shop, where the body shop service writer went over everything and made it right.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-10-2017, 05:48 PM
5th Gear

I thought they were painted by robots in clean rooms these days. So, these kind of things should rarely happen.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.