Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Purchased 2015 Accord V6 at auction. Need help removing NOS kit

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  thisaznboi88 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Long story short, just bought this car at auction and I need it back to stock. Car has custom nitrous kit. The NOS has me stumped. Can I just yank everything out. I see t fittings which I should be able to just block off BUT the car seemed to waste more fuel than it should have on a 100 mile trip when I drove it home. Could it be the exhaust and intake. How can check if its tuned? If it is, is there anyway to revert back to stock?

Heres a photo album link to the car how it currently sits.
https://goo.gl/photos/8Jr58C2C3ERMsFKx9

#2 ·
I have to ask why did you buy it? If you bought at auction, you have a dealer license and can buy any car at any auction in your state. If I'm missing something, I apologise, but it would appear this is totally on you.

#3 ·
Depending on how much was spent on it, it may be very worth the small problem of un-installing the NOS and some other things. It's a seemingly good looking car from the pictures. They spent some high dollars on that build.

#5 ·
First thing I would say is if you are unsure about how to un-install the nitrous, find a local dealer/installer and pay to have it done correctly. You will at a minimum need a new intake tube (or an OEM intake), and the hose removed, and whatever the fuel modifications have been completed and undone, but most of it could be left there.

#7 ·
Yeah totally looks like a nice car you got there. Outside of the K&N intake swap to OEM, I'd be of not much help. I also 2nd having a shop that does this kind of work "WITH GOOD REVIEWS" remove the kit for you. As for is it tuned question, I'd hope so if it was running NX. That being said, hopefully the MPG hit is from a rich tune and not the aftermath of NX usage. Has a compression test been done yet? A wild stab in the dark, maybe the the original owner is on here and can help you identify what all has been to the car.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
I bought it to sell and I don't see a market for the car the way it sits. Not as fast as Id like to sell it anyways. In its mint condition, in stock form, I can get $21k plus for the car all day at auction or even at carmax. With all these parts I don't see that happening... especially with the NOS. If i took this car to the dealer in its current condition the warranty would be voided immediately. I'm better off parting and going back to stock, same as everyone who mods and then decides to sell.

Fellas I'm a car guy at heart and when I saw the build I was gitty and had to have it for the price. BUT in car business modded cars are a big no, no matter how clean the build is (overall clean build, some of the wiring looks a bit sketchy to me but im super anal).

As for the NOS i took apart the lower dash and disconnected the grounds for the controller, i see where everything passes through the firewall. Ill have to get this thing in a garage, but have to get my hands on a stock intake before I tear her up.

wow they actually did a very clean job installing all the stuff. If you want to remove the nos line. You need to see if they chopped up the fuel hose. If they do then you will need OEM one. Also I am not sure where they put the nozzle for the nitrous Jet. They might have also hacked up all the wiring to get a RPM trigger and 12 volt. more detail in the daylight would help.
You seem to kno more than the average joe. In the intake pictures there are two steel lines (blue and red) going into the intake right before the throttle body. I was under the assumption that those were the jet lines. They come from the nitrous system and a series of other steel lines. I will get more pix. There IS an rpm signal on the controller. Where would they get the signal from? Ecu wiring? Fusebox?

#10 ·
Looks like a single fogger nitrous setup. The braided line with the blue fitting goes to solenoid ( blue one in photo ) for the nitrous bottle in the trunk. The line with the red fitting goes to fuel solenoid ( red one in photo ) that is connected to a T fitting connected to the fuel line. There should be an activation switch on the throttle body that engages the nitrous when you floor it unless they have a button trigger on the shifter. You will need an new intake and fuel line and you should be good.

Attachments

#11 ·
Looks like you hit the nail head on (and helped me understand whats what, thanks). Here are some better pix of the system. There is a red button that goes to the nx controller which I can only assume is the "go baby go" button. I took a quick look at the wiring and it all seems to go through the firewall. I'm still stumped on where they'd be getting the rpm signal from. I have to remove a few pieces to get a better understanding. Thanks again.
https://goo.gl/photos/GNXBGzoFsjAMLp4Z7

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.