2Likes
  • 1 Post By TMVB
  • 1 Post By Accord2014LX

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 03-18-2017, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

New to Honda

Greetings to all,

I'm planning to buy an Accord Sedan 2016 or 2017 in the near future.

I really like the Sport Trims exterior. However I was disappointed there was no Apple CarPlay support on any of the Sport trims.

Upon further research,I've found that Sport trims in Canada offer CarPlay as standard features. Is there a specific reason why USA Sport trims do not feature CarPlay?

Also, what would be my best option. If I'm looking for exterior like Sport trim, but with interior features of EX or EX-L?

New or pre-owned doesn't really matter. Trying to limit my budget to under 25k.

Appreciate any advice.

Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-18-2017, 06:06 PM
5th Gear

Those features can be abandoned anytime by Honda, so don't count on it. It happened to the current 9th gen models and Honda didn't do jack about it.

post #3 of 14 Old 03-18-2017, 06:13 PM
5th Gear

As a completly new model will be out soon you should be able to get quite the discount on a 2017. Start looking @ trims now so when you are ready to purchase all you will need to do is price shop. Watch the Truecar prices online, subtract $500 from them, gives you a starting point. Costco is the largest buying service in the US now. If you decide to use them, punch in different zip codes. Oh yea, WELCOME to DA.

2004 4cyl. EX Sedan automatic 485K

post #4 of 14 Old 03-18-2017, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

Thank you for the detailed explanation. Around what month of the year can I start seeing price drop in 2017 models?

Would be glad if I can find a new EX-L for around 25k. Is that too much to ask?
post #5 of 14 Old 03-18-2017, 06:43 PM
5th Gear

You may want to look @ the Sport SE (23K). Prices are dropping now as we head into spring. Truecar lists 2017 Accord EX-L Sedan now $25091 - (V6 27K). So yes is your answer. Start looking at dealers, go for a test drive but do not give them any contact info. When I bought my car in 2004, a co worker bought the same Accord model as I did. She paid more than $5K from what I paid. DO NOT become emotional when making the deal, act like you can walk away from the deal.

2004 4cyl. EX Sedan automatic 485K
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KW2004Accord For This Useful Post:
Merc6 (03-18-2017), yourshadow22 (03-18-2017)
post #6 of 14 Old 03-18-2017, 07:45 PM
4th Gear

I previously had a 2016 Accord LX and earlier today I happened to email a dealership about 40 miles away about deals they were running on the EX models. Sticker price was $27,505 and they had it listed for $25,354 on their website. I sent them an email about it and an hour later the sales manager offered me the car at $23854 before TT&L. 3 hours later I was driving my new EX and honestly the features compared to the Sport are worth the cost. The head unit is a big upgrade and I love having SiriusXM and CarPlay.

Discounts will depend on your area. Some areas have a large inventory of Honda's to choose from so you get a better deal on those cars versus buying from areas with less competition and inventory.

Mine - 2017 Accord EX | Modern Steel Metallic
Aunt - 2014 Accord V6 Touring | White Orchid Pearl
The Following User Says Thank You to ryannel2003 For This Useful Post:
yourshadow22 (03-18-2017)
post #7 of 14 Old 03-18-2017, 07:59 PM
Out of Control

Garage
Remember, you can make an EX into a Sport, but you can't make a Sport into an EX. Meaning that you can buy the EX to get the better head unit with CarPlay and add the external Sport bits (wheels, aero kit, etc). Won't be cheap but you can do it. And you can't upgrade the Sport push button radio to the higher trim touch screen.
post #8 of 14 Old 03-18-2017, 08:56 PM
4th Gear

Hurry up and buy a Honda!

2017 Accord Coupe Touring / MSM
post #9 of 14 Old 03-18-2017, 11:22 PM
4th Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMVB View Post
Remember, you can make an EX into a Sport, but you can't make a Sport into an EX. Meaning that you can buy the EX to get the better head unit with CarPlay and add the external Sport bits (wheels, aero kit, etc). Won't be cheap but you can do it. And you can't upgrade the Sport push button radio to the higher trim touch screen.
You left out the suspension, paddle shifts, and the dual exhaust. Rest in theory could be swapped over. Side skirts, lip spoiler and a few other things you pretty much in the EX-L price range.

I guess you have to figure out what you want more. Having a Canada car shipped to the US isn't as simple as it sounds. AutoGuide did a piece on it but omit the warranty is voided and DOT inspections are "Fun" to do.

2017 San Marino Red Honda Accord Sport 6MT (DD)
2005 Satin White Pearl Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Unlimited 5EAT (Project Car)
post #10 of 14 Old 03-19-2017, 03:24 AM
Out of Control

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc6 View Post
You left out the suspension, paddle shifts, and the dual exhaust. Rest in theory could be swapped over. Side skirts, lip spoiler and a few other things you pretty much in the EX-L price range.
You are exactly correct. I was focusing on the external visual things because that's what the OP said he liked about the Sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc6 View Post
I guess you have to figure out what you want more. Having a Canada car shipped to the US isn't as simple as it sounds. AutoGuide did a piece on it but omit the warranty is voided and DOT inspections are "Fun" to do.
Again correct! Lots of thread that discuss how hard (or maybe even impossible it is to do this. Here's one of them: Purchashing Accord in Canada to bring back to U.S.
Merc6 likes this.
post #11 of 14 Old 03-19-2017, 05:50 AM
4th Gear

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourshadow22 View Post
Greetings to all,

I'm planning to buy an Accord Sedan 2016 or 2017 in the near future.

I really like the Sport Trims exterior. However I was disappointed there was no Apple CarPlay support on any of the Sport trims.

Upon further research,I've found that Sport trims in Canada offer CarPlay as standard features. Is there a specific reason why USA Sport trims do not feature CarPlay?

Also, what would be my best option. If I'm looking for exterior like Sport trim, but with interior features of EX or EX-L?

New or pre-owned doesn't really matter. Trying to limit my budget to under 25k.

Appreciate any advice.
If the deciding factor is the stereo over everything else, look at the Civic. The stereo in the Civic blows the Accord out of the water. Here's to hoping Honda is listening to their customers and working with their suppliers to build a good sounding stereo for 10th gen.
Merc6 likes this.

Former vehicles:

2014 Honda Accord LX Sedan 6MT, 2.4L 4cyl

2005 Honda Civic VP 2dr Coupe, 5MT, 1.7L 4cyl

1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE 4dr sedan, AT, 2.4L 4cyl

1992 Ford Thunderbird Base 2 dr coupe, AT, 3.8L V-6

1987 Toyota Celica ST 2dr coupe, 5MT, 2.0L 4Cyl

1983 Buick LeSabre Custom 2dr Coupe, AT, 4.1L V-6
post #12 of 14 Old 03-19-2017, 06:49 AM
Out of Control

Garage
^^^^^ This. If I were buying new, I'd think seriously about a Civic Touring over the Accord. Mainly for the difference in audio.

I'd either do that or do exactly what I did: Buy a Sport and swap out the entire audio system to gain a HUGE improvement plus get CarPlay. But that will take time, effort and money. But if you do it right, way worth it.
post #13 of 14 Old 03-19-2017, 03:07 PM
4th Gear

Garage
I can't stand the Civic tho. I'm not gonna lie, a Chevy Spark has a better radio (Pick a year) than the Accord Sport. I enjoyed the driving feel of the car and manual to much to make the lack luster radio and voice commands turn me off and confirm me getting the Malibu. I had way more deals with GM but just didn't like the car they had to offer. GM gives you 1 racing pedal just as 1 example of how half half they did the car.

2017 San Marino Red Honda Accord Sport 6MT (DD)
2005 Satin White Pearl Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Unlimited 5EAT (Project Car)
post #14 of 14 Old 03-19-2017, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear

I appreciate all of your valuable inputs. Stereo is not a big deciding factor. But I was hoping to spend 25k on a car that will at least keep up with the technology for the next 3-4 years. The way I see it, Apple CarPlay will certainly be integrated in most of the cars around this price tag.

I'm gonna start looking up the dealerships for any good offers on the EX-L or even a 2016 Touring for that matter. Fingers crossed.
Advertisement

Tags
accord sport, exl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.