Votes: 32 43.8%
  • Husky

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • 3D Maxpider

Votes: 11 15.1%

All weather floor mats

17K views 59 replies 33 participants last post by  colt 
#1 ·
I want to get some all weather floor mats to protect the carpet in my accord. i live in the pacific northwest so we see our fair share of rain and thus sometimes it gets muddy, I also live near the beach so sand is also an issue.

What mats do reccomend?

I am currently looking at the following options

Honda oem all weather

Husky weather beater, read you have to cut out area for trunk/ gas release

Weathertech

3d maxpider.

They vary in price, but willing to spend the money to protect the inside of the accord.

#5 ·
I want to get some all weather floor mats to protect the carpet in my accord. i live in the pacific northwest so we see our fair share of rain and thus sometimes it gets muddy, I also live near the beach so sand is also an issue.

What mats do reccomend?

I am currently looking at the following options

Honda oem all weather

Husky weather beater, read you have to cut out area for trunk/ gas release

Weathertech

3d maxpider.

They vary in price, but willing to spend the money to protect the inside of the accord.

WeatherTech front, back and trunk for me!

Sent from my iPhone 7+ JetBlack using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Husky

Don't cut out the area around the latch release to keep junk from getting in there. Simple lift of mat gives PLENTY of access.

Last time I looked (my purchase) they did not offer a set for the coupe, only the sedan.

If you have a sedan (you don't mention that from what I see) and purchase Husky, they have a Lifetime Warranty while the WeatherTech only warrant for three years (again, last time I was in the market).

Really don't remember the cost for the Husky brand but I believe it was MUCH better than 200.00 for the WeatherTech.

Although you didn't ask, surprisingly the Honda OEM trunk liner IMO is steps above the WeatherTech offering. Go figure, but that's my opinion.

#9 ·
So far I Have bought new Weathertechs for 5 cars and use them 365 days a year in each. My oldest set is in a 2011 Maxima and the carpet is like new underneath. One advantage to Weathertech is you can sell them used for a decent price if you ever trade or sell your car. I've sold used Weathertechs between $90 & $110. You can also sell the original carpet mats when they are brand new to offset the cost of the Weathertechs. Look for the best prices online or coupon codes. With my last set Amazon happened to have the best price.

#10 ·
I had Weathertech in my 8th gen and now have Husky WeatherBeaters in my 9th gen. Both are very good, but I prefer the more rubber-like material that the Husky liners are made of over the more plastic feel of the Weathertechs. Both fit very well, I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

#18 ·
I bought the OEM all weather mats and they look great but don't cover enough area. So I bought WeatherTech and they don't look as good as the oem and don't cover the dead pedal. So I'm looking to sell both the OEM and the WeatherTech( only 2 weeks old) and go with the 3d Maxpider next.

#33 ·
My grandmother has weathertechs in her mazda cx7 same thing happens to hers hadnt thought about that.

I also hadnt seen the maxpiders in the tan. I have a 2014 champage frost exl sedan witn the ivory interior. i have to say after seeing your photo the tan mats look quite good, and seem to match pretty well

#20 ·
Is the 3D Max mats another form of Aries Style Guards? Google looks identical for the fronts but back half is split vs 1 long piece depending on the site I look at. If so, I got the front and back shipped as a set for like $90 something.

It covers most of the dead pedal

It leave the trunk/gas open since I fill 2 times a week at minimum and lock the trunk with key maybe 1 time a week

This is the only part of the mat that disappoints. The side coverage is arguable but that gap under the go pedal kinda leave dirt/salt there for display. Also if you are OCD and remove them every week to clean, beware the fibers splinter off into your fingers so keep tweezers handy in the car.

#28 ·
Is the 3D Max mats another form of Aries Style Guards? Google looks identical for the fronts but back half is split vs 1 long piece depending on the site I look at. If so, I got the front and back shipped as a set for like $90 something.

It covers most of the dead pedal

It leave the trunk/gas open since I fill 2 times a week at minimum and lock the trunk with key maybe 1 time a week

This is the only part of the mat that disappoints. The side coverage is arguable but that gap under the go pedal kinda leave dirt/salt there for display. Also if you are OCD and remove them every week to clean, beware the fibers splinter off into your fingers so keep tweezers handy in the car.
Merc6: Thanks for posting pics--looks nice. I just ended up placing an order for the 3DMaxpider Rubber Floor Mats. I liked the look of these mats versus the other "rugged" mats, but I'm hoping that longevity is not an issue.

Reactions: Merc6
#21 ·
I like the texture of my Aries/Maxpider 3D mats in that they match the interior very well, so they get my vote. I've gotten a few compliments on them too. I feel OEM looks plain and Weathertech's ruggedness would match a work truck better.

Anyone have tips on restoring the black color of all-weather mats? 303?

#22 ·
The WT look in my other car wasn't that bad but in the Accord it just didn't look like they fit in as a year round mat.

I just use the wash and wax soap I used on the outside of the car. I hear mop and glo like products can make them shiny but I'm not sure if they degrade or become slippery from it. What are you using to clean it with, stiff tire brush or a soft bristle brush?

#23 ·
I've had the maxspider mats for a year in my 2016 sport. The extra pad started peeling away on the left side due to clutch pedal use. I will have to clean and super glue it back down.

#25 ·
Whatever you can get a better deal on. We had OEM all weather mats in our 2012 odyssey. They protected the floors of our van well throughout the 3 years we owned it. Having had experience with 3 of the brands that the OP has listed, my preference would be for the Husky or 3D maxpider's. I bought the Husky ones for my wife's accord. The mat covers the gas/trunk opener lever on the driver's side floor. I bought the 3D maxpider's for my car and they have a cutout for the trunk/gas remote opener. Both will protect your car well enough. I will say to check Amazon at different times of the day and on weekends. I found the prices changed often, especially from the 3rd party sellers. I bought the 3D maxpider's for the back seat of my car from a 3rd party seller who listed them as Used/like new and they were clearly never used. Your mileage may vary.

Reactions: Merc6
#34 ·
Whatever you can get a better deal on. We had OEM all weather mats in our 2012 odyssey. They protected the floors of our van well throughout the 3 years we owned it. Having had experience with 3 of the brands that the OP has listed, my preference would be for the Husky or 3D maxpider's. I bought the Husky ones for my wife's accord. The mat covers the gas/trunk opener lever on the driver's side floor. I bought the 3D maxpider's for my car and they have a cutout for the trunk/gas remote opener. Both will protect your car well enough. I will say to check Amazon at different times of the day and on weekends. I found the prices changed often, especially from the 3rd party sellers. I bought the 3D maxpider's for the back seat of my car from a 3rd party seller who listed them as Used/like new and they were clearly never used. Your mileage may vary.
That's what I was going for. I literally have a set of WT from my car I traded in and was semi dead set on getting them for the Accord. After seeing them in the Accord interior I didn't like the look and $300 + price tag. I justified even if the Aries warranty didn't exist, $90 something dollars for a year and a half replacement would get me new looking functional mats over the life of the WT. The Husky pattern also didn't really please me in the last car and this one. Is the WT and Husky coverage better than the Max/Aries, Yes. For the better price and the look I was comfortable with picking them in hopes they last me at least the lease of this car. I haven't pressure washed them so I can't say that's how folks damaged them besides just wearing them down. My reason for the WT in my other car was me wearing a hole in the oem ones under the clutch pedal. So far they have dealt with mud and snow and held up fine. I plan on pulling them safely(prickles hurt if you grab them wrong) this weekend to clean them.

I just bought the Aries 3d on jc Whitney last night. 97 shipped BEFORE coupons. Should be here in a few days. Quality looks great for the price and from what I have read if they get messed up the manufacturer replaces therm
That is where I got mine, did you still have to order them as 2015 and below? Link I posted above a few have been successful at getting replacements. Thats where I decided to fully trust them enough to order and as of now I still have no regrets.

I got these front Aries mats for my '16 Coupe. And I believe the same Aries number fits the 4-door too. They shipped free and I had a 10% discount coupon from RetailMeNot for that site.

Seems like Aries makes lots of different versions (with different part numbers) for the Accord and it's hard to tell the real differences between them from the product descriptions. The ones I got only say "Aries" on a silver rectangular metallic badge.

They seem to fit well and look nice. The dead pedal is just about completely covered. So far they've met my expectations, though I don't live where there's mud and snow. They certainly don't have the "industrial" look of WeatherTech and others.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that site says these mats don't fit the '16 Accord, but Aries' own site lists this number as fitting the '16, and I confirm they fit my '16 Coupe.
Yes some sites either didn't bother updating past 15 since they assumed a minor refresh(GM likes to delete anchors or change sizes of the anchors in a single gen like Gen 1 Cruze) so they may not update in fear it won't fit or they are limited to how many years they can list w/o verification(eBay). I ordered using 2015 as my year when it came to most things on my car as 2017 in December 2016 was not listed on any site.

As for sedan and coupe the fronts were the same but the rears weren't for this 1 piece setup at least.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/86-9th-generation/156994-aries-3d-floor-mats.html

I guess the rear pics would have helped.

My kids would walk through all of this and then knock the snow of inside the car once in the seat. With stock mats it started to have a mildew smell back there so something was needed.

Reactions: OneTwoThree
#26 ·
Lund 583063-B - Catch-It™ Carpet Floor Mats

#27 ·
I was between those and the Aries/3d Max mats and got the Aries instead for $95 shipped. I wanted the feel of carpet under my heels but I also wanted a simple wet wipe setup for something that can save me pulling the whole mat out. The pattern also didn't do it for me. It was semi WT rugged look in a Sport interior car. Aries/Max look just fit the interior look well for me in pics and in real life when I got them in.

#31 ·
I got these front Aries mats for my '16 Coupe. And I believe the same Aries number fits the 4-door too. They shipped free and I had a 10% discount coupon from RetailMeNot for that site.

Seems like Aries makes lots of different versions (with different part numbers) for the Accord and it's hard to tell the real differences between them from the product descriptions. The ones I got only say "Aries" on a silver rectangular metallic badge.

They seem to fit well and look nice. The dead pedal is just about completely covered. So far they've met my expectations, though I don't live where there's mud and snow. They certainly don't have the "industrial" look of WeatherTech and others.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that site says these mats don't fit the '16 Accord, but Aries' own site lists this number as fitting the '16, and I confirm they fit my '16 Coupe.

Attachments

#32 ·
I have the Husky mats in my 2016 accord. I previously had Husky mats in my 2013 VW Passat.

Yes, you do have to cut out the gas tank hole in the husky mat. It does have markings exactly where you cut out. Or, you can leave it be (as another above me suggested) and then just lift the mat to pull the trunk or gas release handle.

Husky mats are cheaper, go over the center hump in the back, and have a lifetime warranty.

Reactions: Merc6 and Miker
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.