Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Check Engine Light Flashing when using Paddle Shifters

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  OG_Zuninja 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 2014 coupe l4 CVT with 43,000 miles.

Today I was getting on the freeway and I shifted from D into S and clicked one of the paddles to switch into paddle shifting mode. I immediately lost some engine power (maybe half?) and the transmission wouldn't shift into another gear. The check engine light started blinking. After a few seconds the car decided to shift and started lurching forward. I put the car back into D and I still did not have full power so I pulled off the freeway and shut the car off. When I turned it on everything was normal again. D, S, and paddle shifting all worked.

Has anyone experienced this or know what this could be? Is there reason to worry? Also if I took it in to the dealer would they be able to tell me what happened?

Thanks

#2 ·
This sounds like a case of user error which caused the engine to over rev and go into limp mode to protect itself from further damage.

Reactions: MrRangerZr1
#5 ·
I don't know what you did. I wasn't there.
Naw. The transmission won't execute a downshift that would over-rev the engine. I'm calling bull poo on this one.
Okay. I'll let you tell it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.