Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

When is your big maintenance?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Accord2014LX 
#1 ·
I am mostly concerned about spark plugs, brakes, tires, battery, and other belts.

I am entering into a 30months, 15,000 miles/yr lease for a 2017 Sport manual.
Do I need to worry about any of maintenance cost listed above for the lease period?

Thanks for any input.

#4 ·
You should be fine within your lease term...though brakes and tires are variable and depend on your driving style.

#5 ·
I've never heard of a Honda 30 month lease, but OK..
If you're a brake rider, that and the tires are pretty much your responsibility. Battery may be covered for 2-3 years, check your bumper to bumper coverage for that. Spark plugs do not need replacing for a long time, no worries there.

You can't turn a lease in with bald tires even if you're an aggressive driver..they'll get you for that.
Belts are a wear and tear item(that shouldn't need replacement at 45K miles however....)

The best thing to do with a lease is look at what's called "wear & tear" coverage which may cover a certain amount of damage that is present when you turn the car in...crucial to read the fine print and see what it doesn't cover.

#8 ·
Oil changes, filters, tire rotations and possible tire replacement close to the end of your lease. Nothing else should be in need of replacement under normal driving conditions. Keep your car clean and as scratch free as possible. Any filth or excessive wear/damage will come out of your pocket at turn in time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.