Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Price Paid Discussion Thread: How much did you pay for your 9th gen Accord?

2M views 8K replies 3K participants last post by  zak88lx 
#1 ·
Congrats on your new car purchase.

Now let's use this thread to keep track of prices people paid. If possible, please list both price before TTL and price OTD. Why? Not everyone pays sales tax or the same sales tax percentage. Thanks.

Please list:

• Year
  • Sedan or Coupe
  • 4 or 6 cylinder engine
  • Your city and state location (please update your UserCP to include this information!)
  • Trim (i.e. LX, Sport, EX, EX-L, Touring, Hybrid, VP.... etc.)
  • Automatic, CVT, or Manual transmission
  • Price before Tax Title License (TTL)
  • Price Out The Door (OTD)
  • Miscellaneous add-ons/extras (e.g. extended warranty, spoiler, body kit, pin stripe, Honda Factory Performance (HFP) wheels, nitrogen in the tires (lol).... etc.)

You can also add your purchase to the editable spreadsheet --> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QTyoqt8obgMsD1wvABec9FFE3YYIiOzFvrZWHFH9TqA/edit?usp=sharing

What should you pay? What's a fair price? Go to the end of this thread and work your way back to see what people paid most recently.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'll come back to this thread when I make it official. This should help give everyone, an idea of what is possible, NOW.

I contacted several dealers for a Coupe EX-L Navi AT, so far, I have an offer from one Dealer of $500.00 below MSRP + No Doc Fees.

Every Dealer I contacted used the same basic sales tactic, it's gonna be impossible to get one early for less than MSRP (BS my friends), I counter with the fact, that the Accord is a Mass produced vehicle, not a Limited_Special_Edition_Low Production Run, if they want my Money they must present me with a price somewhere in between Invoice & MSRP, considering it's early on in the production run, later, when lot's start filling up, then it's all about Invoice.

I understand the Leverage of Dealers, VS, I gotta have it now customers, it always occurs in the first few weeks or sometimes months, but I can wait or find another Dealer or maybe a Different Manufacturer. I make sure they understand my position.

I'm gonna visit them this afternoon because they said they will be putting in their orders for Coupes on Friday (Sept. 20th), I'm also gonna recontact other Dealers Today with My offer and see where it goes.

#8,396 ·
Sep 20, 2012

I'll come back to this thread when I make it official. This should help give everyone, an idea of what is possible, NOW.

I contacted several dealers for a Coupe EX-L Navi AT, so far, I have an offer from one Dealer of $500.00 below MSRP + No Doc Fees.

Every Dealer I contacted used the same basic sales tactic, it's gonna be impossible to get one early for less than MSRP (BS my friends), I counter with the fact, that the Accord is a Mass produced vehicle, not a Limited_Special_Edition_Low Production Run, if they want my Money they must present me with a price somewhere in between Invoice & MSRP, considering it's early on in the production run, later, when lot's start filling up, then it's all about Invoice.

I understand the Leverage of Dealers, VS, I gotta have it now customers, it always occurs in the first few weeks or sometimes months, but I can wait or find another Dealer or maybe a Different Manufacturer. I make sure they understand my position.

I'm gonna visit them this afternoon because they said they will be putting in their orders for Coupes on Friday (Sept. 20th), I'm also gonna recontact other Dealers Today with My offer and see where it goes.
I bought a 2015 V6 coupe with 56 K miles (EXL) FOR 19,900. Prices have gone up

#3 ·
Well, You have to consider when you have old stock still sitting, why would you discount your new inventory. Also, you dont go anywhere else and try negotiate when you by something. 500 is more than enough for a product thatwas released sat. If you wanna be the first with the newest thing on the block, pay for it.

Also thge coupe will not be released till the 15th of october

#5 ·
Well, You have to consider when you have old stock still sitting, why would you discount your new inventory. Also, you dont go anywhere else and try negotiate when you by something. 500 is more than enough for a product thatwas released sat. If you wanna be the first with the newest thing on the block, pay for it.
Wrong-->That's the kind of Customers Dealers LOVE,,Weak and Willing to give up + only Deal with one Dealer,, are you Crazy??? Negotiate your way, I'll negotiate the MY way.

Also thge coupe will not be released till the 15th of october
I know when the Coupe will be released-->:rolleyes:

#4 ·
My dad bought his 12 Camry a year ago in October and received a discount of around $3k off msrp. Of course he bought his last 4 cars at this dealer with the same sales person. Now that I think about it the car wasn't even built yet. He had to wait 2 weeks. Same thing with his previous 07. New design, had to wait a few weeks. This was just a basic I4 LE. $12400 OTD with 6.25% OH sales tax included and trading in an 07 Camry LE 4cyl with 80k miles and good condition.

#6 ·
Ex-L Automatic MSRP $28,785 bought tonight for $26,989 + tax, tile-No DOC fees.

I know the owner of the dealership well and have no clue if he gave me a special deal.

#17 ·
w/ accessories include: mud flaps, all-weather mats, trunk mats, wheel locks, door edge film, windshield chemical treatment.

Is it a good deal ?
You can look up the discount mail order price for Honda's mud flaps, all-weather mats, trunk mats, wheel locks, door edge at the collagehillshonda web site. Their are also other web sites. You will have to pay shipping but it will still be cheaper. The only thing you may be consern about is installing the mud flaps but that should not be too hard.

#11 ·
Are you including sales tax?, if so, how much was the sales tax?

Did you really want all those accessories like "windshield chemical treatment"? I think you could have gotten a better deal.

I saw one 2013 Accord in a lot that the dealer added "Genuine wheel locks" for $175. Honda's MSRP for Accord wheel lock is $56.

#234 ·
$175 for genuine wheel locks !?!?!? For that price I would head over to the local parts store for a $135 discount.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#13 ·
It is hard to tell when you don't give the amount before sales tax because different areas have different tax.

For example, I almost got a 2013 I4 4Dr EX-L with Navi for $27,685 + $236 doc fee and no trade-in plus my state sales tax. However, he only had a black one coming in and my wife does not want black. In about 2 weeks he will know what colors are in his next allotment so I decided to wait for a different color.

#18 ·
This is the max price I'd pay for a EX-L Navi sedan.....

MSRP = $30,785 ($29,995 + $790 destination)

(supposed) Invoice = $28,223 ($27,433 + $790 destination)

$27,433 (invoice)
- $923.55 (3% holdback from MSRP of $30,785)
+ $600 (fair profit *)
+ $790 (destination)

but goal would be at least $500 under that... so $27,399.45 + TTL or lower

* Truthfully, they'll be making more than $600 profit

#19 ·
Interesting numbers. I almost got a 2013 I4 4Dr EX-L with Navi for $27,685 (including the $790 destination) + $236 doc fee and no trade-in plus state sales tax. The dealer's numbers are near yours. He only had black so I'm waiting for the colors of his next allotment which he said will be within 2 weeks.

#28 ·
2013 4Dr 4Cyl CVT Accord EX-L with Navi.
Car is in transit from Honda and should arrive in about 2 weeks.

MSRP: $30,785.
Factory Invoice $28,223.
TureCar target price: $28,923. (Boston area on 10/01/2012)
Cost me: $27,674 + $239 Doc fee, Plus MA state Tax (6.25%), Title, and License.

All prices include the $790 Destination Fees

#31 ·
Dealership I went to didn't budge on their sticker price. Most of the deals I got from them was from my trade in when I traded my '12 EX-L V6. They only had just 6 '13s in the lot seeing that the first ones just came in the following week.

#32 ·
Honda is already building over 6000 Accord/week and the slow car buying season is coming. That is over 300,000 Accords a year, more then they ever sold in the US. Some dealers hide cars in off site lots.

I did my shopping over the internet.
I went to one dealer to test drive, told him I was not ready yet and did not talk price.

#36 ·
Amazing deal.. Now I should negotiate with this price in mind. take a bow Mikey :notworthy

I would like to see the pictures
Color was not too important to me. I got Black on Black because that what they had in transit. I different dealer with similar price had White on Ivory.

I plan to make a YouTube video. Mostly about what is not in all the other 2013 Accords videos like the FM-traffic on the Nav and the driver side extended mirror. The driver side mirror seems a little strange when I test drove an Accord.

#37 ·
I purchased a 2013 Accord Sedan (EX-L) with a few factory added options on 9/29/12. I paid $28,700 out the door (tax, title, tag, doc fee, etc). I also received lifetime powertrain and extended my bumper to bumper warranty to lifetime for an additional $600. I purchased in cash a warranty for my key fobs, tires, dents, and much more for $699. I also got all weather floor mats, all weather trunk mat, cargo net, and a few more items for $225.

#39 ·
Anyone Buy At Invoice (or below)?

I'm wondering about what is considered to be a really good deal these days. I've read about people who have purchased vehicles in the US below invoice.

In Canada, when I was dealing on our 2011 Odyssey, I was able to negotiate to $500.00 above invoice. Now clearly, invoice is not the dealer's cost. If it was, with all of the web sites offering information about the dealer's "invoice", dealers would be in a tight spot when it came to negotiating.

The same dealer that sold us our Odyssey has offered a 2013 Accord (any model) at invoice plus $500.00.

Has anyone paid below invoice in the US? In Canada? Do we know what other profit "hold backs", volume rebates or payments come to Honda dealers from Honda USA/Honda Canada?

#40 ·
Its a new car so I'm not expecting a deal right now. Especially since stock is low. Come Winter time when snow is on the ground maybe things will change but personally I'm not even bothering until spring time. I still want to see the fusion and maybe even wait for Mazda 6 yet.

Personally, on a car that's sat on a lot for however long, and in this economy, I won't even entertain buying a car anywhere near sticker. I got several thousand off my last 3 cars, free accesories etc. When competitors are offering 0% or 0.9% on purchase, it doesn't make sense to pay higher elsewhere. Just because I like the car doesn't mean I'll go broke trying to get it so if they want to sell it to me, my attitude is give me the price I want or don't waste my time.

These days I'm finding my purchases are more based on Dealer Service vs which car I think is pretty. If the dealer doesn't or isn't capable of taking care of issues with the car, I don't want to deal with them...period.

#46 ·
Doc fee is $199. I'm in Northern Virginia. I wasn't able to find anything about incentives. My goal with each car is to be about 2k under invoice which hasn't been a problem in the past....but my last car was an '07 odyssey at $2200 under invoice. Doesn't sound like it should be too tough. Will wait until next month to really start shopping.

#64 ·
Do you always buy year end models that are being cleared out to get an average of $2,200 below invoice? If you are buying a current model year, I'd like to know how you have been successful buying than much below invoice.

In Canada, the Touring lists for $35,000. If Edmunds is right and there is a 3% hold back based on the MSRP, that would mean they have $1,050 in hold back available. So based on those numbers, without a factory incentive, how do you (or I) get to an invoice minus $2,200 deal?

Can you post the paperwork on one of those deals, blanking out your name and the dealer's name (if you like)?

Thanks.

G

#47 ·
It's been reported that dealers can hit a six figure bonus when a certain number of units are sold. If the dealer just hit the bonus, then they probably won't be discounting a car as much as the dealer that only needs a small number of units to be sold before achieving their goal.

#51 ·
Same happened with me for I4 EX-L w/Nav. they got me $31,500:paranoid: w/ some accessories. Study this forum. Since MikeySoft in this thread has got the best deal so far I believe, I'll stick to that price for my vehicle. :D

A friend on mine got '12 V6 coupe for $26700 OTD. which is really a good deal and he negotiated with dealer for 3.5 hrs.

#53 ·
Silver Sport

$25,500 Out the Door

Includes 499 Doc Fee, about 950 in taxes, 790 Dest Fee, 16.50 Title Fee.
Also includes from dealer: Pinstripe, Locking Wheels Nuts, Mudguards, and "Car Care" which a $699 wax job from what I understand.

No one is discounting them around Birmingham, AL. My sales guy said people are walking up and paying sticker and not even worrying about haggling. Which from my dealer is over 28,000 with all the add ons.

#2,012 ·
$23,800 otd (includes everything) this weekend white pearl sport. Sent emails to 8 dealers and put them against each other until they couldn't go any further...3 dropped out right away, two actually competed for it. The dealer I bought it from got it off the truck that day so I'm sure that helped..