Borla Axle Back Exhaust V6 Sedan, Coupe and Sport Sedan - Drive Accord Honda Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
post #1 of 294 Old 05-17-2013, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear
 
AccordinSoCal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Laker land
Posts: 638
Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Borla Axle Back Exhaust V6 Sedan, Coupe and Sport Sedan

First and foremost I want to thank Alvin, Borla and all the staff down there, I love the finished product and thank you guys for working on this platform.

Now to the good stuff. Finally picked up the Accord this afternoon from Borla. I went on a little drive to listen to the exhaust prior to leaving. To me the sound it gives is very G37 like except deeper, personally like that exhaust tone, however unlike the G37 this one does not have a drone sound when cruising( I had a one prior to picking up the Accord)

They explained to me that they made 4 configurations with 4 different exhaust tones. Some were louder and some were quieter. They finally decided on two exhaust tones, the "louder" tone is on my Accord. After driving 140 miles, I do not believe that anything quieter than this is worth it. This one to me is perfect as far as sound goes.

They did a before and after dyno run which showed 4-6 hp gain. I forgot to ask them whether it was on the low, mid or high end. They will provide a dyno sheet once their promotional video is complete(hopefully early next week).

As far as looks, it is very stock looking with bigger tips. If you were to look at this exhaust you would not know its aftermarket. The exhaust bolts on to the V6 Sedan with no welding or any other hangers needed. It's a direct Bolt on.

Weight: Axle Back weight is approximately 10 lbs. Stock 30lbs.
Cost: Will be priced competitively priced with the Afe Axle Back
Availability: 4-6 weeks from next week















If you guys have any questions please let me know and I will try to answer them or get answers for you guys.

2013 Modern Steel Metallic EX-L V6 Sedan
AccordinSoCal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 294 Old 05-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Ice
6th Gear
 
Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,782
Thanks: 55
Thanked 83 Times in 44 Posts
I'm ready to throw my $$$ at Borla. Gimme my exhaust!

2013 EX-L Sport V6, MSM/Black

Mods
- Llumar 30 + Air Blue 80
- B&I Wood Trim, exLED interior, deck lid spoiler, WeatherTech floor liner
- MUGEN Hydrophilic mirror, Höen Endurance, Sill garnish, SS RSX pedals
- Injen CAI, Redtail exhaust, Sport wheels
- Rammat BXTII, Ensolite, Big 3
- Audison bit Ten, Kenwood XR-5S, Vifa XT25, Hertz HV165, IDQ12
- RX8 Projectors w/ Curved shield + E30 lens, Hella Gen 3, Osram Xenarc 66240 CBI, Philips HIR2

2008 EX-L Night Hawk/Ivory, RIP

Ice is offline  
post #3 of 294 Old 05-17-2013, 07:26 PM
Retired from Car Biz....
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: South Florida
Posts: 9,276
Thanks: 10
Thanked 110 Times in 87 Posts
my bad..i thought this was a i4 dual setup all along.....
glen e is online now  
post #4 of 294 Old 05-17-2013, 07:29 PM
2013 Honda Accord Touring
 
dubstepslap415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 210
Thanks: 0
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
definitely looking forward to video clips
dubstepslap415 is offline  
post #5 of 294 Old 05-17-2013, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear
 
AccordinSoCal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Laker land
Posts: 638
Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glen e View Post
my bad..i thought this was a i4 dual setup all along.....
No worries Glen, I should have made it a bit clearer. Since welding would be required, Im not sure it would be cost effective if you dont have the dual setup already.

I'm working on the clips I have. The Borla clips will be much better. I have sound clips below 40 mph >3000 rpm 0-65 mph 4-5000 rpm, cruising......however the iphone holder was making a clicking sound and the videos did not come out as desired. Ill have to redo those.

2013 Modern Steel Metallic EX-L V6 Sedan
AccordinSoCal is offline  
post #6 of 294 Old 05-17-2013, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear
 
AccordinSoCal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Laker land
Posts: 638
Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Video clip is up.

2013 Modern Steel Metallic EX-L V6 Sedan
AccordinSoCal is offline  
post #7 of 294 Old 05-17-2013, 08:38 PM
2013 Honda Accord Touring
 
dubstepslap415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 210
Thanks: 0
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordinSoCal View Post
Video clip is up.
It sounds good man.
Well done Borla.
I'll definitely keep an eye out for the setup when it comes out
I've got a buddy looking, we want to compare the Borla Bolt On and my Takeda
dubstepslap415 is offline  
post #8 of 294 Old 05-17-2013, 08:39 PM
Rev high; drive happy
 
Local's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 42
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That sounds really good, nice growl.

Pm'd regarding test fit
Local is offline  
post #9 of 294 Old 05-17-2013, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear
 
AccordinSoCal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Laker land
Posts: 638
Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubstepslap415 View Post
It sounds good man.
Well done Borla.
I'll definitely keep an eye out for the setup when it comes out
I've got a buddy looking, we want to compare the Borla Bolt On and my Takeda
No doubt.... That's what it's all about having options and choosing the one that best fits your preference! The Takeda sounds great too!

2013 Modern Steel Metallic EX-L V6 Sedan
AccordinSoCal is offline  
post #10 of 294 Old 05-17-2013, 09:10 PM
2013 Honda Accord Touring
 
dubstepslap415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 210
Thanks: 0
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordinSoCal View Post
No doubt.... That's what it's all about having options and choosing the one that best fits your preference! The Takeda sounds great too!
appreciate it man
dubstepslap415 is offline  
post #11 of 294 Old 05-18-2013, 02:32 AM
1st Gear
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordinSoCal View Post
First and foremost I want to thank Alvin, Borla and all the staff down there, I love the finished product and thank you guys for working on this platform.

Now to the good stuff. Finally picked up the Accord this afternoon from Borla. I went on a little drive to listen to the exhaust prior to leaving. To me the sound it gives is very G37 like except deeper, personally like that exhaust tone, however unlike the G37 this one does not have a drone sound when cruising( I had a one prior to picking up the Accord)

They explained to me that they made 4 configurations with 4 different exhaust tones. Some were louder and some were quieter. They finally decided on two exhaust tones, the "louder" tone is on my Accord. After driving 140 miles, I do not believe that anything quieter than this is worth it. This one to me is perfect as far as sound goes.

They did a before and after dyno run which showed 4-6 hp gain. I forgot to ask them whether it was on the low, mid or high end. They will provide a dyno sheet once their promotional video is complete(hopefully early next week).

As far as looks, it is very stock looking with bigger tips. If you were to look at this exhaust you would not know its aftermarket. The exhaust bolts on to the V6 Sedan with no welding or any other hangers needed. It's a direct Bolt on.

Borla will need a Sport Sedan in the L.A. area to test fit this exhaust. If you are interested please contact me via PM and I will get you in contact with the right person.

Weight: Axle Back weight is approximately 10 lbs. Stock 30lbs.
Cost: Will be priced competitively priced with the Afe Axle Back
Availability: 4-6 weeks from next week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEz0-okc8vw



If you guys have any questions please let me know and I will try to answer them or get answers for you guys.
You said they decided on 2 exhaust tones. What is the other tone for? The coupe? Or will they have two configurations for sale? Also will they offer a the system with polished mufflers?
I like the sound of your borla exhaust, but I want something quieter with polished mufflers. I love the look and sound of my aFe exhaust, but i do not like the drone of the aFe exhaust. In my experience every exhaust has some drone at some rpm. Let us know if you find any drone as you continue to drive it around.
2013WOP is offline  
post #12 of 294 Old 05-18-2013, 03:51 AM
6th Gear
 
Husker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lincoln, Ne.
Posts: 1,207
Thanks: 39
Thanked 34 Times in 25 Posts
If you have the time + if you can/wanna do a big favor for us, would you take it on a road with speeds up to say around 55 and then later to an interstate, lock cruise in at 40 and test for about a mile then bumping the cruise up 1mph per mile to see if a dreaded drone does show up.

I love the sound so far from your clip, I will be ordering as soon as possible for my V6 Coupe.

How does it sound in the cabin with windows Closed & Open?

PM on the way.
Husker is offline  
post #13 of 294 Old 05-18-2013, 04:02 AM
13 Accord Coupe V6 Ex-L
 
Jurena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bronx NY
Posts: 236
Thanks: 4
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YANKEES View Post
If you have the time + if you can/wanna do a big favor for us, would you take it on a road with speeds up to say around 55 and then later to an interstate, lock cruise in at 40 and test for about a mile then bumping the cruise up 1mph per mile to see if a dreaded drone does show up.

I love the sound so far from your clip, I will be ordering as soon as possible for my V6 Coupe.

How does it sound in the cabin with windows Closed & Open?

PM on the way.
+1
I wasn't go put an exhaust this time around, but this video clip changed my mind lol

2013 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L v6 W/Nav

MODS
-5k Morimoto HID Elite Kit Low Beam
-3K Morimoto HID Elite Kit Fogs w/Independent
Switch
-EXLED LED KIT
-3M FX 20% tint
-3M 1080 Carbonfiber Roof
-FineVue Pro HD Dash Cam
-WeatherTech Floor Liner
-Roof Spoiler Gloss Black
-B&I Interior Carbonfiber Dash Kit


On order
2015 BMW M3
-Alpine white
-Sakhir orange/black interior
-Executive pkg
-19" black light alloy wheels
-Harman Kardon
-M-Double-clutch transmission
Jurena is offline  
post #14 of 294 Old 05-18-2013, 04:10 AM
4th Gear
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 351
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glen e View Post
my bad..i thought this was a i4 dual setup all along.....
Sigh ... me too.
platinum is online now  
post #15 of 294 Old 05-18-2013, 04:26 AM
24th Gear
 
Accordguy04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,629
Thanks: 23
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Accordguy04
The Afe axleback exhaust fits the V6s AND the Sports (2.4, comes stock with dual exhaust)... would this one work the same? Cause if so...

Edit; uuuugghh, that fly by

Accordguy04 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Drive Accord Honda Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
The answer to the random question may be found under the Off Topic section of the forums and in the "Drive Accord Forums" category.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome