Emission Light and Flashing D Light [Archive] - Drive Accord Honda Forums

: Emission Light and Flashing D Light

Dre Accord
12-23-2007, 08:47 AM
First, let me start by saying I was not drinking, and I have 20/20 vision.

After a 20min drive, backed up in the driveway, pulled up handbrake, put car in the Park position and was ready to pull out the key and go on my merry way when I observed something strange. The indicator light was on for the P positon as well as a flashing green light for the drive position. Also the emission light came on. I turned off the car and then turned it back on. The flashing green light was gone but the exhaust light was still on.

Could someone please help me.

Accordlover
12-23-2007, 09:25 AM
Let me guess.

You own a 1998-2002 Honda Accord.

Flashing D light = New Transmission Required.

There's a common issue in the transmissions in these cars, Honda did extend the warranty on the autoboxes on certain cars. www.ahm-ownerlink.com - sign up, input your vin and look under recalls.

2003 Accord V6's also have transmission issues if the oil jet kit that was a recall item was not installed early on in life. Some 2004's are also affected.

So what is it that you're driving anyways?

By emissions light, do you mean the check engine light?

Dre Accord
12-24-2007, 06:54 AM
Let me guess.

You own a 1998-2002 Honda Accord.

Flashing D light = New Transmission Required.

There's a common issue in the transmissions in these cars, Honda did extend the warranty on the autoboxes on certain cars. www.ahm-ownerlink.com - sign up, input your vin and look under recalls.

2003 Accord V6's also have transmission issues if the oil jet kit that was a recall item was not installed early on in life. Some 2004's are also affected.

So what is it that you're driving anyways?

By emissions light, do you mean the check engine light?

It's a 04ex v6 and it is the malfunction lamp indicator light that is on.

according2me
12-26-2007, 04:32 PM
If you need oil or filters or throttle body cleaner, etc..., run by Autozone and let them read your OBD2 code for you, why guess. It's usually free, but I try to make it worth their while so they keep it that way. There's always something I'll need down the line, so it also saves me a trip later.

Recently I had a slow O2 sensor code (P0133), but before I could clear it, it reset itself. That was a month ago and it hasn't returned yet.

Get the code and post it, lots of peeps have the service manuals and there are some pros here also.

Dre Accord
12-30-2007, 11:10 AM
If you need oil or filters or throttle body cleaner, etc..., run by Autozone and let them read your OBD2 code for you, why guess. It's usually free, but I try to make it worth their while so they keep it that way. There's always something I'll need down the line, so it also saves me a trip later.

Recently I had a slow O2 sensor code (P0133), but before I could clear it, it reset itself. That was a month ago and it hasn't returned yet.

Get the code and post it, lots of peeps have the service manuals and there are some pros here also.

The problem was a faulty transmission range switch. Can someone help me out in telling me what is the job of the switch, please.
Thanks in advance

OdAccord
01-11-2008, 02:29 AM
Flashing "D" is indicative of a faulty transmission pressure switch (the code will tell you which gear it is). The switch (communicates pressure in tranny resulting in gear shift range) is usually as easy as disconnecting the electrical contact, removing the switch with a 22MM wrench and replacing with new part (and crush-washer). New tranny is a little premature a diagnosis.